Antumbra, Shadow of the Cosmos - The sun is evil!

I hope this “Zovaal is Anshe” theory is untrue. Does every thing about the Horde have to be wrong and evil?

So far, it seems like just a theory. I try not to get too worked up about fan theories.

Get your tickets for the “Sindorei Slapdown 2022” - hair pulling is expected.

9 Likes

It’s not evil, An’she isn’t evil. The Old Gods are evil and they corrupted him, just like they corrupted the primodrial Shu’halo. This is TAUREN LORE. This lore has existed since Vanilla.

The Shu’halo found “the deep places” and became infected with Old God corruption, only a small collective remained pure, those Shu’halo became the Tauren. In the Eyes of the Earthmother, it expanded on this myth saying that An’she fought the Old Gods to try and protect the tribe that would become the Tauren but was struck in the heart by the darkness. An’she being corrupted by the Old Gods is not far-fetched.

At this point, Tauren, Trolls and Forsaken all have a narrative stake in destroying Old Gods. How is that bad for the Horde? The Horde is destined to protect Azeroth.

6 Likes

No some things are only wrong or only evil.
Sorry if it was a bad joke.

4 Likes

No idea who that is but getting mad over a nerd’s theory is odd.

Also, wasn’t there an argument a while back about the forsaken being a representation of the :rainbow_flag: community? I’m not sure why the forums are now denying the obvious Native American parallels with the Tauren.

3 Likes

I for one don’t take things personal. It is a theory. It may be true - or not. If is true, we didn’t make it happen, we aren’t the Devs.

I think people might get heated. But I don’t know how personal it can be. Though, it is starting to descend in to name calling.

This reminds me of a continuing discussion I have with Denona. She always comes at me with insults because a theory I had about Argus ended up being true.

I didn’t make the story. I didn’t make the Argus reveal. I just guessed about it, and saw what was there. But she lays into me about my “ego”, and that I just buy the Argus reveal because I want to be right, or whatever - as if I had any say in it.

So if you think you are getting hate for just having a theory… wait until you get proven right, lol!

1 Like

Denona is a he.

Baalsamael was the aggresive one first, here.

4 Likes

You are going to find racism in everything in Western media, because everything about the west is based on colonization. If you go looking for racism here, you are going to find it 100%

Pointing out colonization to native people is frustrating… we know. I wish people would get this fired up over clean drinking water.

5 Likes

The original lich king wasn’t a powerful light wielder though.

And given what Ner’zhul says, Zovaal did not plan, nor want Arthas to replace Ner’zhul as the Lich King.

You were flat out ignoring the plot holes and inconsistences though. Your only criticism was basically saying that blizzard didn’t “foreshadow” it better as majority of people did not “see it coming”. Basically saying they were stupid for not noticing it. So don’t act all pure and innocent.

Just because something was “foreshadowed” doesn’t mean it is good. It actually makes it worse if plot holes and inconsistences exist in the narrative. Because it shows that they had the idea and placed in some breadcrumbs but failed to actually make it fit and make sense in the story.

5 Likes

Have they changed this?

Rygelon

Drawn to observe the fateful events unfolding within the Sepulcher of the First Ones, Rygelon succumbed to the Jailer’s domination.

that’s fair, but after Arthas it seems like Zorvaal wanted Tirion and not Bolvar.

Velen saw a potential “future” where the most powerful Lich King ever known wiped out the planet before the Burning Legion arrived. I imagine that was always meant to be Tirion because the Light intervened twice to save Tirion from the Jailer.

It seems like the reason why our Azeroth wasn’t the one in Velen’s vision was because he didn’t get his first choice when it came to who became the Lich King.

I wonder if there is a connection between the “shadowmoon” and Zorvaal, because it does seem like the Shadowmoon, on AU Draenor, were heavily worshiping Zorvaal, and were already his minions.

Shadow moon… Shadow Sun… there’s a theme here.

Concerning the debate between Ren and Baal, you both realize you both can be right at the same time right? There’s no reason why one has to be 100% right and the other 100% wrong.

Just my two cents

2 Likes

It’s just… not everything is intentionally racist. And just because something can be perceived as racist or if racism can be projected onto it doesn’t make it an inherently bad idea.

Zorvaal being An’she sucks because we hate the Jailer and he sucks. The writing team didn’t put enough effort into making Zorvaal an interesting villain, and An’she is some thing we’ve been waiting for. I understand the criticism of this theory, but to over simplfy it as “the Tauren worship Satan.” isn’t criticism, it’s projection. This theory isn’t based on Zorvaal being “Satan” (ie the bad guy who rules Hell), Zorvaal conceptually was a “good” character as the Arbiter, who went searching for forbidden knowledge and something made him turn evil.

2 Likes

It’s just…I don’t even know. I’m just tired of the constant fights over such petty stuff. We can’t even have fan theories without someone throwing a pissy fit about it.

10 Likes

Same can be said when it comes to sexism.

Like it isn’t sexist that Saurfang was angry at Sylvanas for directing the horde down a dark path, considering he felt the same when it came to Garrosh.

Unfortunately in this day and age, everyone has to be offended by something. Even if it is really minor.

I feel like the problem is how people word them. Sometimes you get people who present their headcanons as actual lore. Like they don’t use language that directly states that it is just a theory. Instead they frame their opinions as facts. Then you have people who only care that their theory turned out to be true, regardless if it makes sense or not. Then they indirectly call everyone else stupid for not seeing it. Saying that the writers could’ve done a better job making it more obvious.

Doesn’t help that certain individuals get all defensive when someone points out narrative flaws in their theories. The fact that Blizzards writers do this as well is sad.

My favourite is when people say, “the lore doesn’t matter because blizzard doesn’t care about it”. Because sadly it is true. If there is no consistency and plot threads or even characters can change on a whim because #ruleofcool what is the point of getting invested in the story?

7 Likes

yeah but in that regard there’s actual proof that the people behind the story were covering up sexual assault, It’s not a fair comparison, We know Afrasabi, the lead Narrative designer was sexist and wanted to destroy Sylvanas. Please don’t derail this thread with this. The Sylvanas Sabotage thread pretty well covers this, BfA was sexist.

3 Likes

But as I said, if the character felt the same way towards a male, why is it sexist when they feel the same way when it is a woman doing the same thing?

Note that I am not defending Afrasabi, I am just curious why you feel that way. Since you have ignored that point every time I bring it up.

2 Likes

It’s usually why when I have a theory, I usually start off with In my headcannon or My theory is X. And you’re right, 99% of the time it does help to avoid confusion and people mistakingly thinking you’re posting a theory as a fact.

(Does remind me of the time when people jumped on me and a few others when we guessed that Elune was the WQs sister. It was a healthy debate. Good times.)

Well that is mature of you. I just wanted to get your perspective on something and to explain it in detail and you block me for it.

But if you want to be a hypocrite, then go ahead.

1 Like

When men say a woman is touching them without their consent or saying sexist remarks about them, traditionally men are laughed at, told to grow up or that we secretly like it.

Hence why most men bottle up their emotions when it comes to abuse or sexism. Society generally doesn’t believe us when we say it’s happened

6 Likes