Anti-RDF arguments. A takedown

It’s really ironic as well.

A vast majority of the people saying LFD ruins the community and social aspect of the game never actually create pugs or play with people outside of their established social circle.

Yet, they are adamant LFD is bad for the game. Even though they can still create their own groups and play with the people they want to.

3 Likes

Played Vanilla and TBC classic with no LFD. Now I want to have my fun with LFD.

5 Likes

That’s true. Even though I want the lfd I’ve never claimed we’re in the majority. What I wonder is if you know that no one knows who the minority or the majority is why did you lie and post

I’m on a mega server and want LFD available for everyone.

3 Likes

Not impossible, just unlikely. It might happen on some rare occasion but having to kick so many people that the group just couldn’t kick anymore has never happened to me.

Group comp doesn’t matter in normals beyond a tank, healer, and 3 dps. If getting the right comp is so important for you in a heroic where it might matter then don’t use the lfd for heroics. Getting a bad group comp isn’t frustrating for me. Why do you think the lfd should be removed for everyone because it’s frustrating for you?

He’s calling people bad (with no logs to back his own skills up but a claimed 97.5 parse average) but he’s worried about comp for wrath heroics. This is the kind of guy that requires an io twice his own for his +12 key.

1 Like

I started in TBC and I was very, very, very anti social back then due to dealing with some mental heath issues growing up. I admit being more of an introvert even to this day.

Anyways back in Wrath I wasn’t really willing to talk to people. I did use the LFG tool at the time (the one that is currently in TBC) and only really joined groups when people invited me without talking much. It lead to an embarrising situation that I can talk about at the end of this.

When LFD came out I didn’t think much of it. “New way to do dungeon. Whatever.” I tried it a few times, had fun, life moved on. But something did slowly change. Because I was intreacting with people more and more I was working up the corage to talk with people more than I had in the past. (Espcially when I had to figure out why people were yelling at me for low dps in Halls of Reflection which I will get to later in the funny/embarrsing story.)

But ya LFD actualy gave me a chance to interact with people where I would otherwise be terrifed in the past to talk to them for fear that my mere words would have been posion. It didn’t happen overnight but I eventually worked up the courage to talk in /general. Make my own groups and do group quests with others. Join guilds that were not auto invites and even make my own guilds. It was a steppting stone for me to acutaly build social bonds with other people as I learned talking to others wasn’t so scary.

Now for the story. A part of a reason why I sucked so much in the old days is I used to think shammy gear was good for hunters. And you wonder why people yelled at me in the random LFD runs when I had bad gear and I even think took shammy loot? Someone eventually told me but damn it took longer than I wish I had to know about. I just thought Intel was a vital hunter stat.

1 Like

why do LFD haters keep saying “what if…”

people who queue as tank but they’re not
people who vote kick you
people who…etc

it’s like saying “OMG Remove kitchen knives from the world, because what if someone use it to kill”

fun fact is every single problem that can happen with LFD is already happening with current grouping system in tbc-c.
group leader can still kick you out of the blue, they can ninja your items on drop, they can join and you won’t know the spec or gear until they arrive to dung…and much more worse case scenario can happen in current TBC-c

I don’t agree with that. I understood the initial excitement at people when vanilla classic launched about people having to be less toxic or risk being blacklisted because it was a single server community they were dealing with, but at this point, classic has turned into either dead servers where people can’t even get groups or a couple of megaservers that everyone turned to so they’d have a population to play with, but then they never see them again so a blacklist doesn’t matter anyways because the server is too big.

Horrible people are going to exist in every game and there really isn’t a whole lot that is going to stop them from being toxic these days if they want to be toxic.

I’ve played both sides over the years, from spending most of one expansion solely doing LFG/LFR to spending the next few expansions mythic raiding, and to be quite honest, I much preferred the time I spent being able to do what I wanted when I wanted to and didn’t see much toxicity in those LFG/LFR environments.

So I really think this fear of the community turning bad is unwarranted. I think it’s more of a change of times than tied to any specific system. People used to be nicer. These days, they’re not. If they wanna be mean, they’re not gonna care what anyone else says.

there is no argument
blizzard made their choice, right or wrong.
you can mald all you want they KNOW you and everyone else will pay the sub and play

Wut? Why would there be outcry for something that didn’t happen?

Yeah, the difference here is that they put cross-realm bgs into Classic, even though it was only a tiny part of Vanilla. Yet they’re not putting in dungeon finder, even though it lasted significantly longer in Wrath by comparison.

The point is that the argument that dungeon finder only existed for half of Wrath and therefore shouldn’t be in Wrath Classic is a terrible argument, and already disproven by how Blizzard has handled Classic up to this point.

It’s not just that. It fosters a culture of laziness and people expecting convenience.

You’re overthinking it. They’ve done a poll already. If they wanted an updated one they’ll do one.

The game isn’t broken into only three demographics of players.

Casuals are the first ones to leave too. Bots need to make money. Hardcore/elitist push.

I was being a pain, that’s all. We don’t know whose who.

Just cause you’ve never dealt with it doesn’t mean others haven’t.

My example was in a sense that you have someone queuing for a role they won’t do. I.E. a dps warrior queueing as tank to jump the queue.

1. If you kick them, they can requeue.
  2. If someone leaves in your group, they can either change roles or continue as is.
  3. It puts the pressure on the group. Do they use the kick now or try to make it work?

I find some bosses impossible on LFR. I can’t name them but the times I tried to go back to retail and just see the content, some of the groups had stacks of that determination or w/e.

The quality of groups from automation is random. RDF mainly sucks because it leads to LFR. LFR is horrible because even with the nerfed content, players still can’t clear it all because no one gives enough effort in a PuG that easy to join.

RDF has the same mentality from it. It doesn’t solve anything, just makes it more convenient. And convenience in a merit based game, isn’t always good for the health of it.

When? nothing recent has had LFD on it.

That’s when groups kick them

Here were the polls sent out to people.

Wrath of the Lich King Classic Survey - Level Boosts, Mounts, Pets, and Toys - Wowhead News

Wrath of the Lich King Classic Survey Sent by Blizzard - Wowhead News

And no RDF on either of them.

Yeah, where? I didn’t get a poll.

also depends on who you pole; if you go and pole only people from one area then you will only get results of that one area, and if the poling is random within that one area it may not even be accurate of that area.

What about the argument that it wasn’t even in the game until the very end of WotLK?

Exactly. Preach it.

When I was leveling my bunch of alts in Wrath, I hit up chat every time, especially if i was on a tank/heals, and was like, “anyone wanna queue with me?”

It never killed the social aspect. Matter of fact, I think it enriched it cause tons of people were like, “hey, I can make a warrior (or whatever) and see what tanking is like on him with the dungeon finder!” and stuff like that, which then led to an increase on available heals/tanks and dps. Hell, I played dps mainly until that point and then my main in ICC became a tank pally once I got him up with … DUNGEON FINDER (dun dun dunnnnnnn) lol.

2 Likes