Anti-RDF arguments. A takedown

“YOU need to play the game the way I see fit.”
Every single argument against LFD boils down to this sentiment.
“You need to quest!” “You need to explore!” “You need to be more social!”

You don’t have to use it. Let people have the choice.

“It lead to retail!” What does that even mean? Vanilla also lead to retail so what is your point? Would removing LFD from retail fix retail? If the answer is no then you have no point.

“It lead to retail!” Part 2: Wrath classic isn’t leading to anything. It is a classic version of something that already happened. It doesn’t matter in this case what anything lead to…it’s a standalone game with no future beyond itself. “It lead to retail” isn’t an argument. LFD in Wrath was a resounding success with the player base and lead to an increase in the player base, more access to raiding content for more players and massive improvements in QoL.

“Muh suffering!!!” “Classis is supposed to be a time sink!” Can you actually hear yourself? Yes the game is time consuming but guess what? Turns out, most people don’t consider that time sink to be reasonable, hence why when LFD got implemented, everyone used it.

“I just want to be social and create groups the old fashioned way!” Ok then do it? What is stopping you? If everyone supposedly wants to do it that way in classic then you should have no problem continuing to purposefully waste your own time as you see fit. What I am doing with my characters doesn’t concern you.

There is no downside to LFD in Wrath beyond upsetting elitists who believe suffering through tedium is a badge of honor. Wrath wasn’t Vanilla. Let Wrath be Wrath. Introduce LFD either in pre-patch or ICC. Either way, bring it back. It is as much a part of Wrath as the Lich King himself.

65 Likes

What about people who queue as healer or tank but they’re not?

3 Likes

Kick them. Why is that not an option?

4 Likes

What about them? If that happens to you enough to ruin your experience then don’t use the system.

7 Likes

It boils down to a loud minority wants to control how people play the game, and do not want people to have fun with their game. I’m personally of the opinion they resent the fact wrath of the lich king overshadowed their Vanilla / TBC experiences in terms of popularity, and want to actively sabotage Wrath Classic so they can go “See, look, it wasn’t that popular!” when people refuse to play because they’ve ruined it.

26 Likes

There’s restrictions on the party kicks.

Don’t say the system has no flaws when I can point out one almost immediately.

Not really. The loud minority is everyone crying about not getting RDF. Even then, it’s one of the main pillars that destroyed WoW Retail. Catering to the casual single player.

3 Likes

Exactly. They are probably the same bitter people who constantly told me how much better Vanilla and TBC were when WotLK was current and I was a new player.

14 Likes

Yea, sure, only a minority wants RDF.

7 Likes

i actually get happy when people do this, a 4 dps +1 healer run or a 4dps +1 tank run or a 5dps run on heroic when you and the boys/girls be drip’n in some fresh purples ready to rip the place apart, i love it.

3 Likes

You keep attempting to lie directly to people’s faces saying that the Pro-LFD group is the minority, when evidence literally surroudning us all on multiple social medias and the forums say otherwise.

At this point I’m just considering anyone whom tries to claim the pro-lfd people are the minority just massive trolls attempting to gaslight, because that’s all you literally could be attempting to do at this point.

It’s painfully obvious LFD is a popular feature, and the removal of it has upset countless fans.

Anti-LFD people are the minority. Period.

17 Likes

No one knows who the minority or the majority is. I’ll take the company that has all the information and is trying to make the most money.

Do you have proof? Or small surveys promoted to those who are in anguish over no RDF?

2 Likes

Ya except when you don’t like it.

By selling 70 boosts

6k is not small for a survey, and it was posted 3 weeks before any announcements, it’s as untainted as an online survey can be

5 Likes

You mean the literal countless numbers of feedback people are giving that clearly show they are upset, which is drowning out the absolutely tiny feedback of people trolling about praising the change for making the game actively less playable?

sticking to your troll I see. You do you, if that’s how you wish to waste your time.

8 Likes

You didn’t point out a flaw though. If there is a party member who is your group who you don’t want then kick them. IRC the limitations are on the player, you can only kick so many people out before you get a CD on your ability to initiate the vote to kick, if your kick is on CD then other people can still make the vote. If you find that your ability to kick is on CD too often then maybe you need to wonder if the issue is on your side instead.

There have been multiple polls put out across the community that have all been in favor of RDF being in the game.

7 Likes

actually the one poll was way before the news came out, ontop of that. The guy that made this decision lives in an echo chamber.

for more context, the guy that made this decision is also the lead for the retail pvp team, Now let me tell you if i ever seen a poop storm in pvp, that is it. the most unrewarding feature of all of retail wow, and Every single pvp’er is voicing their opinion and its going against the leads beliefs and nothing has changed.

3 Likes

They did a survey before Classic. The 6k isn’t the first, and it’s timing is impeccable.

Because it’s impossible to get multiple bad people in the group. Don’t know what to tell you but nothing is quite as frustrating waiting 45mins for a queue to have to redo it because the group comp would not suffice.

There were polls originally too. Most people who came back to Classic said they would leave if RDF came back.

No point having the Retail crowd play two games.

It’s not like it even happens that often, later in the expansion it’s actually great, you don’t need a tank when you’re a dps in full purples.

1 Like

That channel has done multiple surveys on it, mmo-champ has done surveys on it, reddit has done surveys on it, what it comes down to is the overwhelming majority wants LFD.

There’s a reason pservers put LFD in right away, because people actually want it.

If you’re talking about back in the day for Classic, people have changed since then, many people have left. Games different now.

Honestly we just want wrath as it should be, RDF, no changes to Dual spec, etc.

3 Likes

Bro, then don’t use it. How many times does this need to be said. DO NOT USE THE FEATURE. No one is forcing anyone to do anything. Play the way YOU want to! We just want the choice and you don’t want us to have the choice and you cannot articulate a reason why that can’t be dismissed by me telling you just don’t use it.

2 Likes