Anti GDKP crowd doesn't care about gold buying

What? OP I understand you’re inherently a liar trying to skew things for your own RMT narrative, but… What?

Did you not see the hundreds, and thousands of threads begging for warlock bans for portal exploits? The day 1 phase reroll requests because of broken economy?

Like… What?

I don’t have any parses on this character as low as your lifetime highest on that mage. Does that make my opinion valid? If so, perma ban GDKP and all posters in favor of GDKP.

1 Like

You are grasping so hard at trying to make RMT exclusive with GDKP for whatever reason, and thats cool.

GDKP is not the problem with RMT. RMT is the problem, as it still exists and is rampant more than ever in P3. So how does banning GDKP prevent RMT exactly?

It cant and wont. RMT will exist regardless, so why are you blaming a loot system for peoples scummy behaviour?

Its like you’re giving blizzard an “out” for not taking care of RMTers or Botters.

If RMT was banned, how would GDKP be the root cause for RMT? its not, and it wouldnt be.

use your noggin

3 Likes

Era servers are dead that’s why Content Locusts are always screeching for “fReSh” servers to consume.

1 Like

I mean you only raided Naxx as a healer.

So it’s hard to say, since you quit raiding before it actually got harder in Ulduar and heroic ICC.

uhhh no. I’m anti GDKP cause you shouldn’t be able to buy BOP items… it’s really that simple. A drop in bots or RMT is just a bonus but yes it doesn’t really effect me either way. I have more than enough money at this point to last until SOD is over and buy epic mounts on all my chars. Making money is easy

So you advocate for banning other loot systems like DKP and EPGP that use currency to award loot?

1 Like

uhhhhhh these aren’t currency… There a system people made up to measure guild member contribution. You can’t go buy dkp or effort points. There based on peoples contribution over time in a guild. If a guild was letting people join and buy in at different amounts in return for those points than yeah it’s just GDKP with extra steps. You can’t just join a random run and use dkp as a system.

1 Like

uhhhhhh these aren’t currency… There a system people made up to measure guild member contribution. You can’t go buy dkp or effort points. There based on peoples contribution over time in a guild. If a guild was letting people join and buy in at different amounts in return for those points than yeah it’s just GDKP with extra steps. You can’t just join a random run and use dkp as a system.

DKP is a currency that you earn from killing bosses, have good attendance, perform well etc, and its up to the guild how they distribute this currency. People then use the currency to bid on items in the raid, highest bidder wins.

EPGP is similar but uses a decay system (im not as familiar with this system because our guild tried it, it sucked, and we went to LC)

They are both currencies. The only difference is that gold can be used outside of raids, which is why GDKP was so popular. You are rewarded for your effort.

Most players who use GDKP as a system recycle their gold to buy items, once full BiS they save the gold to use in the next raid tier.

They are fundamentally the same thing, one has value outside of the raid. Thats the only difference.

2 Likes

you’re so close to the truth.

now, connect the dots.

they wanted to automate bans and spend less resources on combating rmt and they removed gdkp because it was a haven for RMT.

Ok, I’m back.

And no, I’m not saying RMT is the only driver of RMT. (But that’s a nice strawman you built there.)

I’m saying it’s the LARGEST driver of RMT. (And please don’t use that stupid AH argument, I guarantee there’s a LOT more Purple BoP weapons running around than Purple BoEs being overpriced. The scale isn’t even comparable.)

They should make it SSF, no AH, no trading and boom no gold buying. Might as well go all the way with it.

the largest driver of RMT is RMT. It didnt stop with the GDKP ban and its more rampant now than ever. You built the strawman yourself.

you’re basically boot licking blizzard and giving them an excuse to not keep trying to fight bots and RMT.

1 Like

Source?

“Trust me Bro”

(I’m not sorry your lazy laundered RMT gold cash flow got nerfed…make some Mithril spurs or something.)

The offer remains open on “GDKP but recipients of RMT gold in the pot share the suspension.”

1 Like

It was no more a haven than anything else that deals with gold.

It was lazy and you know it.

The loot system is a loot system, you’re cheering for a company that doesn’t want to spend money to enforce it’s TOS, it’s ok tho sod is dying.

I’m ok with this.

1 Like

I’m saying it’s the LARGEST driver of RMT.

Source? Trust me bro!

1 Like

Common sense.

Why do you speak as if you have metrics and statistics to back up your claims. Can you show them please?

“GDKP is an excellent way to launder money and an excellent way to obfuscate the movement of illicit gold. Without that sort of shield, it’s making it a lot easier for us to clean up other things and be a little bit more steadfast about other aspects of the economy.”
ht tps://www.dexerto.com/world-of-warcraft/wow-season-of-discovery-devs-on-pvp-encounters-gdkp-runs-and-the-future-of-the-game-2553156/

Now do your sources.

2 Likes

The auction house.

Your turn

1 Like

Blizzard would never admit they were wrong, I bet you think santa is real too.

2 Likes