Anti GDKP crowd doesn't care about gold buying

The lack of outrage regarding RMT in P2 and P3 makes it clear that it was never about gold buying at all. The anti GDKP crowd is fine with bots and RMT, so long as it isn’t used in a loot system that they personally don’t like. :roll_eyes:

14 Likes
8 Likes

its just about poor people not having gold, and mad that raiding makes you more gold compared to spending hours farming peacebloom.

tldr they dont know what items have value, and farm the most worthless items then cry when it sells for a couple copper, instead of going after things that give actual value.

Swipers are out in force today trying to drum up the illusion that they have a massive amount of support for GDKP being added back in, it seems.

I am still outraged by RMT in any form within the game. In P2 and P3 it is much less obvious to the average player, though, considering GDKP was a large gold-sink for swipers/RMT.

11 Likes

Swipers profited from the ban. This is my least favorite anti andy 5 iq take.

Swipers are not who you think they are. Swipers are still here. They don’t buy one item with a cc swipe every once in a while. They pay guild leaders a lot(much more than you’re thinking) directly. They always have.

The dads swiping once a month? They’re still swipin just now instead of making everyone groan they’re ruining the economy. So you got rid of ZERO cheaters because guess what, they’re CHEATERS THEY DON’T CARE WHAT YOU BAN!

Denser than a rock.

Bots at a literal all time high as a percentage of the pop, servers more dead than AQ 40 9 weeks in and gold buying is still legal via blizzard by swapping gold from a token verison of the game.

We did it reddit! SoD is saved!

3 Likes

Swiper, No Swiping!

Less obvious? How is RMT now any different than before? The difference is people are jealous of GDKPers having things they dont have and so they pretended to care about RMT.

1 Like

I used to do GDKP and assume people who had mining or herbalism were bots cus why would you gather when it’s a DPS loss.

Have nots and jealousy go together like Oreos and milk and they won’t be happy unless everyone is equally poor spending a thousand hours a phase farming mobs on adderal.

2 Likes

I have seen more people buy gold for dark moon decks than any other trinket in wow history. Auction house has a 100% drop rate and you don’t have to sit through a raid for it.

Ps I’m not saying I want gdkp back… I think recruiting for raiding guilds at higher levels is easier since gdkp isn’t an option. I also don’t care if it exists either. It doesn’t affect me.

But this doesn’t really address or change gold buying. Everyone at this level knows to stay competitive you have to not be employed, work from home to spam incursions all day, or swipe to keep up. You want server first speed clear, better be employed and swiping or unemployed and degening

6 Likes

SoD 2: New Feature - Auction House removal to combat illicit activity!

2 Likes

It was always about community and how the overly transactional nature of GDKP Systems damaged server communities over a longterm period.

Blizzard literally said it was about community in their original announcement. But GDKP supporters always want to ignore that fact.

3 Likes

This is copium tbh. The server communities were absolutely fine in Classic until they released the WoW token and every guild switched to GDKP lmao

1 Like

Have you played classic era recently? Start a new character and get into raiding and then come back say the communities are fine lol.

Classic era is all about buying gold to get into raiding now

1 Like

What I know is that GDKP communities are the largest and most active in the history of wow. There are dozens of them that are greater than 10k in size, and thousands that are 1k. They bring people together like no other social structure in wow, including folks from different guilds. This argument is even less genuine than the RMT one. Again, folks jealous of what they dont have.

4 Likes

I guess you’re just not one of the several classes that have a few 1k gold cost BoEs on your BiS list huh?

1 Like

The banning of gdkp took away the main gold laundering option of bots/gold sellers.

Blizzard has also taken steps of restricting AH, mail, trading access for new accounts and accounts that have been funded by wow tokens for years

The reason there is less complaints is because blizzard is doing a better job at stopping it. Im not saying they are doing a perfect job. But they are doing more than before.

And again, the banning of gdkp removed the most common way “bad” gold was “cleaned”. Which helps blizzard track and take action against those buying and selling gold.

6 Likes

you’re right. we just don’t like gdkp and think it’s bad for the game.

how about them apples?

5 Likes

The communities in classic era are unironically stronger than SOD. They use GDKP because it is a better loot system. You dont like it and so you create false arguments to dismiss reality.

The fact is without GDKP classic era would have remained a dead game like it was when burning crusade came out. Why would folks run raids on a fully geared character? They do it because its fun and they get rewards with GDKP that no other loot system provides.

3 Likes

You’re playing 5 year old servers the community quit in 2021. What era needs is fresh.

1 Like

I got no issues with an honest take like this. Its just not enough to get it banned. So others take it further and make up bad faith arguments to cry about to blizz until they implement a cringe policy.

3 Likes