Anti afk methods

anyone have any ideas (that don’t break tos) on some anti afk methods so when they go to sleep they don’t have to sit in the herod queues when they wake up?

3 Likes

good ole mouse clicker or realize that the que times wont be that savage and just go to bed and log out lol

11 Likes

Nothing “legal” works anymore

5 Likes

Are you asking for a means of bypassing the built-in auto logoff mechanism for AFK players?

8 Likes

that is against terms of servers.

13 Likes

If you’re waiting in queues for more than 10 min then you’ve got some serious thinking to do about the server you choose. Furthermore, this thread should have been about BG afks.

5 Likes

ur name is ur answer

19 Likes

Doubt the queue is that bad past the first few hours. Most retail tourists will probably give up pretty quick if they get stuck in hours long queues.

I will be recruiting both of my cats to move my character around Ironforge for me. That reminds me, I need to pick up some tuna.

14 Likes

This is true. However, I wonder how many of the current population are tourists.

An oscillating fan can push a jump button. But… if you are trying to bypass AFK log out… you are actually taking game time from other players. Maybe don’t be so selfish?

21 Likes

And part of the problem why people can’t log in is…

Anyways, glad I’m not rolling on a heavy server xD

8 Likes

Drinky bird from the 90’s!

13 Likes

Combine this with an autoattack macro and you got yourself a afk weapon skillup.

1 Like

Get a 2nd profile of keybinds you can switch to when you want to log off that rebinds literally every key to movement or jump and place a membrane keyboard under your mattress. As you roll around at night you will never go afk and log off.

17 Likes

This right here.
Aside from the obvious fact that any method to circumvent the auto log out when you are in fact not at your keyboard playing is a clear breach of the ToS, its a selfish move that if used on mass would drastically inflate any queue issues as you would be hogging a spot for all the time you are sleeping denying other players the chance to get their play time in.

5 Likes

Put a cat on the keyboard and go to sleep or a hamster wheel pulley that constantly smashes the keyboard so you don’t afk out.

1 Like

Use a program called movemouse. I used it all the time in college when you could time out of the remote desktops by being idle for too long. And that’s a real bummer when your FEA simulations take hours to complete.

2 Likes
7 Likes

I predict a lot. Retail is believed to be in the 2-4 million range. Pservers might have up to 200k, peak populations on the big ones are less than 25k. Many pserver players also refuse to pay, or are planning to move on to TBC.