Answer to dualspec

Dude you dont get the point just leave.

But I’m a good guy and I’ll explain it to you.

Having 2 PvE spec hotswappable whenever one pleases will, IMO, kill the TBC experience.

The only reason I would want a PvP and PvE spec is just that the talents arent the same. BM PvE talents are not the same as BM PvP talents. Do you follow me here??

Dude, first chill. Stop with the just leave crap.

Second, it’s not Hot swappable. Never has been. And it won’t KILL TBC. IMO.

You are wanting something for PVP only. That is the crux of this. And that is fine for you to want. But when you get pushback from those who don’t participate in PVP don’t get your shorts in a bunch.

We do NOT have a dualspec at this point. It’s not been announced and if we do it should be for EVERY player and not just PVPers.

And I will leave your post now. I have shared my thoughts.

2 Likes

You lost me at this honestly… This is the dumbest thing people say on this forum. You make yourself look like a fool in that you can’t argue your point so you go to personal attacks and thus invalidate yourself. It’s sad really…

This makes absolutely no sense at all… how does loot distribution have anything to do with your spec? Have you heard of MS / OS before? Do you think classes like druids and paladins now don’t roll on things other than the role you want them to be in? Of all the arguments ive seen against Dual Spec this has to be the dumbest…

4 Likes

So what is your argument for having dualspec?

a) You took the wrong turn into a wrong topic.

No, u?

Umm

I think you took a wrong turn inside your own brain because your response made no sense.

I would suggest maybe looking at the other 100 threads on this topic instead of starting your own that says nothing original and you might find a ton of my posts on this with full data and evidence to back it up and not just hyerbole.

2 Likes

Yes, it is currently on retail.
I don’t think we speak the same language my dear Dwarf. I am sorry to have offended you.

You do not even try to understand me. So there is no point for you being here, is what I wanted to say politely.

Literally NO ONE is asking for the retail system… they are asking for WotLK system which is 2 specs, same talent trees as TBC had, and require you to be in a rested area for it.

2 Likes

You literally brought the #noboost argument to a dualspec post.

That was my point.

I didn’t bring up the boost argument, this guy did:

Some would say the same about character boosts. But I promise you, it wont.

I merely responded to it.

Ahhh. That’s on me.

Sorry my friend. I take it back then.

I am not allowed to switch my Arms Warrior to Prot or my SPriest to Disc for daily dungeons then.

it will have little to no effect on the economy except by finding more people who have the patterns or recipes off Cooldown. More people with recipe = Lower prices

Same demand with More CD available = Lower Price
Same Demand with less CD available = Higher Price

So honestly the supposed worries that Boosted characters is gonna some how ruin an already busted economy is invalid. There is no correlation between character boosts and the market crashing.

The big difference in experience from then and now is knowledge of in game items, boss fights, etc, you will never be able to experience a 100% true to form classic tbc due to the knowledge of the game being every where. Remember this is not a new X-Pack this is a repack and that’s it. The point of the remasters is to let the player base experience the story and dungeons of older content with everyone being on the same level and it not being cheese runs where a single person can go threw and mass pull and one shot 10 or 25 man bosses and all the mobs in that instance. This is basically a redo for players who where around during the expansion. it gives them a chance to redo their play threw in a different way with little to no mistakes given they now have the knowledge readily available to them. I admit the first time I personally went threw each xpack i made mistakes that costed me in one way or another and now that i have the knowledge of what not to do i can now get further in each xpack then i did previously.

Thirdly we are getting off topic this post is about dual spec, as far as I am concerned Dual Specing existed well before the actual system itself the only difference was you had one spec active and if you wanted to reroll then you went and paid for it. That being said i dont like the current dual/tri/quad specing that exists in retail so personally if dual speccing is a thing that will be coming then id personally would like to see the WoTLK/Cata version of dual specing.

There will be way more people gathering than there were before, not just alchemy cooldowns, and you thinking that lower prices is always better is fallacy. You don’t like retail dual spec because you don’t like retail specs in general, because retail butchered the talent system.

Fallacy you say, lower prices is always better, especially for the casual player base, but i would entertain you idea that it is fallacy if you can produce a valid rebuttal, that is not your own biased thoughts on the matter. Show us the data.

Show us the data that lower prices are always better? You made the claim that it was better, I simply claimed that it was different, and then disputed your unproven claim that the form of different would necessarily be better.

15 years of hindsight will change the experience.

Want a special spec for PvP? Go play retail!

Funny how the changes you want are ok, but anything beyond that is blasphemy.

4 Likes

I’m not against dual spec, don’t get me wrong, but I am not necessarily for boosts. They will actually have a large effect on server economies.

Terrible idea. This game is an MMORPG. Character progression is very meaningful and picking a spec that you focus on is part of the RPG element. Being able to switch to whatever, whenever makes no sense. Gold doesnt stop people from switching specs. If someone wants to focus on PvP they should. Why do we have to make pve/pvp/farming so convenient for them?

1 Like

Because people having fun playing the game is what keeps the game population healthy. People who can play like sweaty ridiculous optimizers who respec for individual fights can already do that in TBC with the way summons work. The people who want dual spec want to be able to spec back and forth for different tasks without feeling like they have to spend X amount of time in a spec to “make it worth it”.

People like you existed before dual-spec was even a thing and was being asked for on the forums. Guess what? Your side lost and WotLK, widely considered to be the best time in WoW’s history, was better for it.