Another one bites the dust

I feel the same. I’ve canceled my sub and don’t plan on resubbing until some things are addressed. I’ll still watch a few WoW streamers here and there. If I ever need to play WoW, I’ll just do what I did last year. I’ll login with my level 20s and do bgs. I enjoy the level 20 “end game” way more than I do the real end game content. Yeah, you don’t have all your abilities, but it’s so much easier. I get to gear out my characters in heirlooms etc and do PVP in BG.

Yeah. Just “my” idea :roll_eyes:

You’re something else. And not in a good way

8 Likes

the thing is… it’s not possible to act on everyones feedback.

if some people like a thing, and some people don’t like a thing, who is “right”?

I’d definitely say you’d have to weigh the options and see what a majority of the playerbase prefers. For example, PvP gearing.

Legion

We removed the PvP gearing process because we want gear to be gear. And found it unfair for PvE players to have to roll through RNG to gear up while PvPers could just go to a vendor. Some even might have a hard time finding it

“What? Blizzard this is terrible. Can we just go back to what we had in WoD?”

Proceeds to BFA

BFA

We’ve heard the outcry from the PvP community. So instead of bringing back a vendor, we’ve decided to do the whole gearing process for you with weekly rewards based on your Conquest acquisitions. We’ve also made an RNG chest just like we did for M+ in Legion.

“While better, it’s still not a great system. Can we just please return to what we had in WoD? It was great for casual PvPers and made PvP gear great for PvP.”

proceeds to SL

Shadowlands

Hello again players! We’ve finally brought back the PvP vendors into the game. We’ve also added an upgrade system that allows players to upgrade their gear to Mythic ilvl if their rating is high enough! Is this what you wanted?

“I mean…it’s miles better than what we had in BFA but now there’s a massive gear disparity between casuals and High ranked PvPers. Not to mention the amount of players just sitting on rating just to upgrade their gear.”

Heard. You know what would be a great idea? We thought back to WoD vendors and how the game functioned back then. We thought we should bring that idea back into the game.

proceeds to make whatever amalgamation of WoD PvP gearing

When I state that Blizzard doesn’t listen to feedback it’s more that they hear it and then say “Okay but what about this instead”. If they wanted to keep the PvP upgrading system for things outside of PvP then I think that would be great for people looking to give PvE a shot. This is just 1 of many different examples throughout the game where Blizz just straight up refuses to do what’s being requested.

12 Likes

I think you roasted him to the 4th plane of etheriun damn.

2 Likes

I’m gone in just a couple more hours. Rounded up all my gold and bought two tokens to buy some Protoss skins for SC2.

Won’t be back to WoW unless there’s some major change. But it’d take some basically societal-level change to fix the problems in WoW now, and I don’t see that happening any time soon.

and how does this happen?
would there be some sort of survey?
…or are blizzard expected to listen to the vocal minority, who complain the loudest?

weird, because from what i remember from WoD, there was a massive gear disparity between casual pvpers and career pvpers.
wasn’t that when you could only get a couple of “good” pieces without capping conquest weekly?

If you think the people that made noise about the removal of the PvP vendor are the vocal minority, then that tells me that you don’t PvP.

Define career pvper because I no idea what you’re talking about. Because there was only 2 types of gear. Honor and Conquest and it wasn’t difficult to acquire both.

3 Likes

i’m not saying people who complained about vendor removal are the vocal minority.
…but everyone seems to have differing ideas about what they’d prefer in regards to accessing and/or upgrading that vendor gear.

someone who dedicates most of their gameplay to pvp.

and there was a massive gear gap between the two.
…conquest wasn’t “difficult” to get, but it was time consuming… something which is less within the reach of someone who has limited play time.

pretty sure conquest gear in WoD was the reason we ended up with merc mode.

But regardless, all of them are based on there being a vendor. Nobody asked for Blizzard to remove the vendors and give 2 expansions of bad PvP gearing.

See this convinces me that you didn’t PvP at the time because in no way shape or form was it immensenly time consuming to get Conquest in WoD. It was a non issue. As for merc mode…??? What are you talking about? Conquest gear had nothing to do with the existence of Merc mode. Merc mode was created so that players (primarily Horde) didn’t have to wait long queues just to get into unrated pvp.

4 Likes

lol “nobody asked”. :joy:

blizzard can make changes without people asking.

weird, because i can recall devoting a good amount of time to gearing via pvp.
…and without premades, it was a nightmare.

that entire paragraph was a massive mess of contradiction.

you could earn conquest from ashran.

merc mode let horde access ashran without waiting hours…

Take care, dude. I don’t blame ya. This game just gets worse and worse.

2 Likes

Not what the conversation’s about.

Which wasn’t a prominent issue in the PvP community. The problem players had was being forced into Splashran. Conquest acquisition was a non issue.

Which had nothing directly to do with Conquest gear. It was the wait that you were referring to, not the time it took to do the content itself once you were in.

2 Likes

Why do you care? Don’t read it then. Trying to shut others up is far dumber than just saying goodbye.

3 Likes

…i wasn’t the one who brought it up.

nobody was “forced” to do anything.
it’s a game.
it’s optional.
all of it.

of course it did.
if people wanted to do ashran, and were just waiting forever in queues, that means they were less likely to cap for the week.

yes, which is why merc mode was introduced… i feel like i’m stuck in a loop here.

regardless, just getting in to ashran didn’t help if your group was too unco to pay attention.

anyhoo, it’s bedtime for me.
you’ll have to talk yourself in circles :slight_smile:

Yes. Good idea. They make a survey and when people log in they fill it out real quick so Blizzard has a better idea of what is popular. They should do this.

I brought it up because it’s related to reading and understanding feedback given by the players. Your response being “Well Blizzard can do whatever they want” plays exactly to my point.

Which was more of a queue’ing problem than the existence of Conquest points and gear.

Yeah, I’d jump out of this conversation too if I were in your shoes :joy:

3 Likes

Another snooze fest post

If pvp got too popular, the raid instance designers would be out of work.

1 Like

smacks own forehead

Ahh. Of course. How could I be so silly.

1 Like