Another one bites the dust

Would just like to say thanks to all the kind people that made the game fun while playing.

Unfortunately SL is my limit of what I can endure. Not going to get into a specifics it’s just not fun is all I can say.

I’ll keep an eye out on the next expansion but I’m expecting it to be the same design.

Take care all.

126 Likes
11 Likes
2 Likes

These threads are just goofy at this point.

15 Likes

When you go to unsub, blizzard literally tells you to post on the forums.

63 Likes

That sounds like getting jumped out of a gang.

5 Likes

At this point. I cant really blame you. A coworker that is a long time player and
loves this game, recently called it quits. If you knew him, you would know he
does not just suddenly decide to quit this game.

Myself, I have not played SL since mid Jan.
I am however, having a blast with classic TBC, and that is the only reason
my account is still active.

18 Likes

I shall take your gold. Good day

1 Like

Good luck with whatever you decide to do. If it wasn’t for COVID, I would probably be right there with you. I’m just not enjoying this expansion at all. I do still like doing older content, it’s all that is keeping me interested in the game.

11 Likes

yup it’s gonna be more of same time-gated systems can’t really disagree that dam…

2 Likes

daisan no bakudan! bites za dusto!

2 Likes

It’s more like when you go to the dentist then you get an automatic text asking you to fill out a survey.

Consider this:

Vanilla - TBC - WotLK all followed fairly similar design philosophies.
Cata - MoP - WoD all did the same – WoD was just a barebones version.
Legion - BfA - Shadowlands have done the same.

I think it has something to do with Blizzard’s development cycle. They’ve told us in the past that they’re working on the expansion 2 releases out before the upcoming release is even out. Which means the core ideas are kind of set before we even get to leave feedback on the original.

So… if expansion A releases with new concepts and philosophies… it’s going to get a fair amount of interest just because it’s different. People will always have things to complain about, but none of the feedback will be super precise, because people are just exploring the new direction.

Then expansion B releases following the same path, but now it’s not new anymore. People are starting to see what they take issue with and feedback becomes more refined. Unfortunately, it’s too late for that expansion, things are already done.

And unfortunately, it’s too late for expansion C as well. The core is already set. Blizzard can shift things around to attempt to lessen what people didn’t like, but they’re not going to start over from scratch. Their 2 year cycle doesn’t work with that.

Then expansion D comes, and it’s the first real chance after getting more “focused” feedback to change directions in a meaningful way.

The expansion after Shadowlands is expansion D.

Maybe the pattern will hold, or maybe they’ll buckle down and not change anything significant, or maybe you don’t believe the pattern exists to begin with like I do, but all I’m saying is that I think there’s a good chance for big changes in 10.0.

6 Likes

Yea because an empty post with no reason helps sooooooooooo much.

Hi guys I’m leaving but not going to say why. Thanks low post count guy. It’s so helpful.

7 Likes

I mean there’s no reason to really explain in detail why. It’s not like Blizzard really listens to feedback :man_shrugging:

28 Likes

I can assure you that on the day I leave WoW I will NOT be posting why here as I could give a rats behind how anyone here feels about it.

2 Likes

I think for many long-timers it’s probably more of a personal goodbye kind of thing? Closure maybe? It sounds silly because it’s a game, but anything that was a part of your life for potentially potentially 15+ years is going to have an impact and potentially be emotional if you make the decision to cut it out.

13 Likes

Kinda-sorta me but since Mid BfA. I definitely went a solid 8 months or so without logging in last expansion, while subbed. And I haven’t really done anything in-game in SL since Feb. Which isn’t 8 months but it’s a long time for such a new release.

the newer expansions becoming more and more bland , borrowed mechanics / lazy design direction

world quests that copy phone games lmao

well lets put it this way 80% of all your spells / professions /is rng alot easier to code (lazy coding btw) less hassle and they can let the (consumer) fix it for them (post of forums etc)

the amount of content they have removed just on classes alone is insane XD

each expansion has less and less gear customizations as well (every piece of gear pretty much the same just diff color defines higher lvl i guess) as you lvl up

hardly any new npc models , just copy paste of old content models with fresh coat of paint

i have a feeling they will make the next expansion , more borrowed power less content as well

./shrug i just hope they learn and get better

just my 2 cents

best of luck you

4 Likes