Another Failure

Are they though? How many people do you think are going to keep playing the game because they added one mount? How many people do you think are going to return to the game because they added one mount?

The answer is not many.

Sure they could eat the cost of developing the mount and add it for free as something earned via an achievement, hoping that by doing so they can recoup the cost later as more people hopefully subscribe. Or they can add it to the store and get a guaranteed return on the money spent.

Doesn’t take a genius to see which is the better option.

1 Like

but the people who designed this mount and made it happen in game aren’t the people who would be designing new dungeons or raids or balancing classes or fixing pvp gearing or any of the other things that i fully agree could use some attention

So you want them to raise the monthly fee to its inflation-adjusted level of $20/month, right?

It’s a simple yes/no question.

Yes - okay, I agree. Higher monthly fees and no cash shop.

No - that’s why there’s a cash shop. This isn’t unique to Blizzard, it’s something all gaming companies are dealing with: Gamers are cheapskates and don’t want to pay what games are actually worth, so game publishers are adding DLC’s and cash shops and other ways to get revenue. Because gamers refuse to pay what they actually should be.

AAA games should be over $100 right now. But since gamers are cheap and refuse to pay that much - while still demanding quality AAA titles - we get DLC’s and cash shops and other things.

Again, you literally do not know this. Stop pretending that you do

Wow has tons of unique mounts. I have 500+ total mounts. The reskins has only become a thing in the last few expacs, primarily in Slands. There are still unique mounts I DON’T have too that I can still earn, farm etc.

He only cares about HIS money, he hires them to fire them so he gets the bonus.

Content doesn’t lead to subs, yea ok.

Raptors
Horses
Tigers
Bears
Gryphons
Drakes
Proto Drakes
Those are just ones with a ton of recolors that are right off the top of my head, and they were all BEFORE SL.

The people who designed the mount are very much part of the development team, and it’s not far fetched to assume they have the skill set to work on other parts of the game outside of mount development.

This is speculation ofcourse, but then again, so is what you said about them.

3 Likes

What? Just how many different Nether Rays were there in Burning Crusade, just to take one example?

1 Like

His bonuses are tied to the amount of money he makes his investors. So indirectly, he is making money personally by making other people money.

Also, who cares? I only care about my money. Most people only care about their money. That’s why most people go to work.

There’s hundreds and hundreds of mounts to unlock in game. Every MMORPG has a cash shop with virtual items for sale. Even the precious New World does. That MMO has bare bones at max level to do.

Again, mounts are the art team, the issues you are talking about are the Dev team. The art team still needs to do their thing even if the Dev team isn’t doing their thing. The store mounts have very little to zero affect on what does and doesn’t get done gameplay wise.

He cares about the company’s money. He’s consistently raking in millions because he’s consistently making ACTI millions, year after year, boatloads of it.

1 Like

Most people also aren’t a CEO.

Except he lays off those people before he gives them their bonuses

Read above

There are plenty of mounts you can work on in game, that don’t even involve random drops. And yet, you don’t seem to have the ones I know of. Almost as though you don’t actually care about doing content to earn mounts and that’s just a red herring for you to complain.

1 Like

What difference does that make? We are all working for money.

I’m not even sure what you are arguing against at this point.

1 Like

The only failure is people’s inability to comprehend that businesses exist to make money.

How many companies give away stuff that they can make bank on?

As far as tying it to the “they were bad boys!” yes they were, but that doesn’t mean YOU are owed anything.

4 Likes

I mean there have been reskins of mounts since vanilla. Did they have an affect on the game then? TBC Netherdrakes had like 6 different skins, Netherrays from Skywing had like 6 different skins. Did it affect the gameplay? No one complained then. But there are still plent of unique models. Slands has been the expac were reskins happen all at one time. A lot of the mounts you are talking about came over time AND some of the models have gotten updates as well. But again, Art team, not Dev Team.

Even when they do give away stuff for free, it is usually for a tax right-off. So it still helps make money

1 Like

Since you’re such an expert: If the mount was earnable through content, how many new subs would that translate into? How much money can they expect to make if it was a store mount? What’s the ROI on both? How long would the subs need to sub for for it to be more profitable than putting it on the shop?

If you don’t know the answer to any of those questions, you should probably stop acting like you do.

1 Like

I care because I shouldn’t HAVE to pay for the mount.

Yea I’m getting tired of the same posts too, just gonna take a nap and see the 100+ replies of the exact same message, not really a point in explaining a point I’ve explained 20 times in this thread alone.