Anime thread:

The CG version I actually liked despite the animation

My favorite Japanese cartoon is Akira! :dracthyr_nod:

2 Likes

At the moment I’m just keeping up with MHA.

Looking forward to Attack on Titan: the Final Season Part 4, for real this time, no taksies backsies, final version (maybe).

1 Like

It started really strong and the episode with the cabbages was hilarious, but after that I just wasn’t feeling it. /shrug

Funniest anime for me is probably Prison School, but it’s extremely lewd and not everyone’s type of humor.

I’m nearly twice your age ( :sob: ) and grew up on all the old-school stuff that was more violent and adult-themed (not h3ntai). I do like light-hearted stuff too, though. I recently watched Toradora and maybe cried a little… >_>

ok time to show my age with my childhood nostalgia and say the Mysterious Cities of Gold lol

but recently ive been watching netflix Ultraman and the the adventurers that dont believe in humanity will save the world and I’m thinking of rewatching OG Gundam and Histories Strongest Disciple oh and before I forget because of old age Your Lie in April is by far the saddest anime

What is the difference between weeb and otaku?

Weeb is somebody who tends to have immature behavior over a character or characters (or anime altogether) that gets miffed if you, and I quote,

“KEEP AWAY FROM MY WAIFU HE/SHE IS MIIIINE UwU”

Otakus are the opposite. Your traditional intelligent nerd who loves anime not just for the characters, but more so for the story.

2 Likes

Thanks!

I’m not watching any Anime at the moment, maybe I’ll find some in this thread. ^-^

1 Like

This thread definitely needs moved to the off-topic forums (TV/Movies).

I’m not participating, just taking notes of the character names…

The original meaning for weeaboo or “weeb” was someone who obsessed over Japanese culture to the point of pure unhealthiness. Otaku is someone who has an obsession with their hobby, it’s not just anime or manga either, can be a Military Otaku, a Car Otaku. etc.

Like with anything though moderation is key.

3 Likes

The GD community decided to flag my post because of somebody else deciding to necro.

The mods restored it. Don’t think this thread is going anywhere LOL

Not saying it goes against standards or anything, just saying that Blizzard might move it to Off Topic.

ANy anime suggestions ?
I watch most things that are airing right now.

Anyone read the New Jojolands Chapter (2) or new One Piece Chapter (1079)?
What a reveal, and I hope Kid isn’t…

I like bugs bunny.

I like it so far. I think its neat Jodio might be someone with antisocial personality disorder. ( Well he’s too young for an official diagnosis but he’s got the possible signs of it ) I don’t got that. But I do have BPD. So we’re in the same cluster of disorders. It felt cool.

1 Like

Ive been rewatching shows in english dub. The emotions hit different when i can understand what they are saying.

1 Like

Does feel nice to have an incredibly different Jojo for once! I like that he is narrating too, which offers us a deeper look than what we were offered of even Josuke4 and giorno and their inner thoughts. Araki get’s better each part I say! (Not to say the other parts suck!)
I’m quite happy with Usagi Aloha’oe and his stand Matte Kudasai! So many references! and that reveal at the end of chapter 2!

1 Like

I also just appreciate the reminder that “psychopaths” can actually still develop bonds and care/ love people.

He still loves his bro and Mom. They’re still people.

I like Araki’s handling of mental issues. Like Doppio / Diavolo and how they’re a weird Jojoified variant of DiD. I never got a disrespectful vibe from him. Ya know?

1 Like