Anime thread:

Been watching the Naruto Shippuden series.

Always thought it was a kids show, but I’ve been glued to my screen.

2 Likes

Oof my dude.

Ugh oh god this triggered a memory I’m stuck with. Ages ago I was on vacation at universal studios. Back then there was this huge Darkhorse comic shop and it had these awesome figures. I remember asking to see a Predator figure I wanted.

Cue one jerk going “NO THEY’RE DOLLS” Since I still obviously looked like a girl back then. So they were mocking me. I can’t recall if they were an employee or not.

Got the figure but dangit that memory still annoys me lol

2 Likes

Series that I use to defend the KT men

Since I couldn’t quickly find a gif of him fighting one of the mechs.

Gah, annoys me second hand.

We need more of the eager sharing of joy geeks and to lose the jealous excluder types.

3 Likes

Like, I GET IT. I totally get why people get gatekeepery. Its a defense mechanism most of the time.

Still annoyed me because this was also back when I was mega in the closet about being trans. So even when looking like a very obvious tomboy, it stung to be seen as some super girly girl to those guys.

Edit: That came off like I was shaming “girly things”. Nah. I’m just a dude that occasionally likes cute girly things regardless of my gender identity. I would at least like to be seen as a dude in this instance. I hope that made sense.

1 Like

Samurai Champloo is one of the best anime of all time.

Also

Casshern Sins is the saddest/most depressing anime of all time.

3 Likes

Finally!
someone with culture…

thought i’d hear another DBZ fan…

2 Likes

Space Pirate Captain Harlock.

I was going to ask where the Hell Giorno was during all of that, but then I thought about it for a minute.
If GER returns cause and effect to zero, especially where the effect would befall Giorno himself, it could be that gravity just wasn’t able to pull him in like it did the others. He’d have to be using GER at the time, since it doesn’t appear to be a permanent stand, but it’s some consolation at least.
Still a shame their potential stand interaction is stuck in All-Star Battle.

3 Likes

currently watching Violence Jack lol

Obsessing over Gundam: The Witch from Mercury and thinking about what else might be worth digging into. Not really into a lot of the newer stuff. :frowning:

1 Like

Watching anime again for the first time in like ten years now that Bleach is back. :smiley:

1 Like

I tend to lean into rewatching Appleseed and Harlock: Space Pirate from time to time.

2 Likes

I’ve tried that. But it’s a bread sandwich.

1 Like

I watched this with my kid and was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. I thought the show about their kids was garbage though.

Actually, I think most of it is garbage so I’m not a weeb. I tried to get into other series with my kid but it was just so dumb.* Why does it all have to be set in a high school?

(*Dumb to me. Not saying anyone that watches it is dumb or they have no taste. I watch South Park religiously and I know people think that’s dumb.)

2 Likes

He was off still being a boss. He’d have no reason to go to florida.

About to start rewatching One Piece and Jojo! If only there was a reanimated version of Fist of the North Star!
Can’t wait till february for Jojolands, and One Piece Manga is really good too! and so is the Crazy Diamond’s Demonic Heartbreak! I’m just hoping Fist of the Blue Sky: Regenesis gets a 19 chapter soon, I think one of the editors got sick or something. I hope it returns!

1 Like

Iv been meaning to get back into some series that I obsessed over, notably One Piece, Shield Hero, Overlord and Demon Slayer. Or I could bite the bullet and finally just binge watch JoJo’s to see what all the hype is lol.

1 Like

Jojo is incredibly bizarre, but I must tell you it is worth every second! I was scared of it for years, now I can’t stop rewatching it!
I’ve been needing to get back into MHA, it was what got me back into Manga and Anime in the first place! I heard someone died! But, I might just find something else like Jojo and HNK XD

1 Like

I do have to say, I used to like that school setting, but after HNK (Fist of the North Star), One Piece, and Jojo they just seem too small now.

We need SBR animated with the quality smoothness of Golden Wind! Stone Ocean was brilliant, but it’s animation was a bit wonky at times. But, that’s the bizarre part, right? XD

i’m waiting for season 2 of the saga tanya the evil. season 1 was really good, so i’m hoping the second one will be great also. :slight_smile:

other than that, i watched season 4 of overlord and just… i hated it. felt like it betrayed the spirit of the show.

1 Like