Anduin with PTSD. What am I missing?

This is fantasy, after all, but imagine doing these things and fighting your friends, while thinking it’s your mind’s doing. I understand domination magic makes you feel like it’s you the one making those decisions.
That’s gotta twist your mind.
Even if the things he did aren’t the worst things in the world, the fact it’s completely against his character makes it make sense to hurt him so bad.
Also, while it’s not something he did, he was quite horribly tortured. It’s somewhat downplayed in the game, but it seems those captured by the Jailer suffered horrible torments, and specially so Anduin.

2 Likes

We’ll just ignore the fighting and war when he was a kid too? He has known violence his entire life lmao. Dude even had Onyxia in disguise next to him and didn’t even know it.

oh you burned me there, believe me smart guy I have more than 6 posts. This is just one toon genius

Yup. Now you’ve got seven.

His body was dominated by the Jailer and used to try and kill his friends and give the Jailer control of the world, all the while being fully aware of what his body was doing (and saying) yet being totally unable to do anything about it.
He also wondered if he actually enjoyed the unrestricted use of power.

That sort of thing would mess anyone up!

1 Like

I don’t know why, but this phrase makes me think of Anduin with a gag-ball in a latex gimp suit.

It probably has to do with being a Paladin!

I’m bemused my post got flagged. Truly pathetic.

1 Like

Much worse was demonstrated by the last office holder yet a whole bunch of people want him back… by force if neccessary.

2 Likes

He enjoyed killing which shattered his pacifist self perception.

He was also tortured by Sylvanas and the Jailer. Then dominated to force and attack the Kyrian leader tho off screen he did other bad stuff we don’t know about since you know Shadowlands didn’t want to show us why he’s so tortured.

I’m guessing in the Maw they tested his will by forcing him to destroy the souls of those therein and/or commit atrocities before we liberated him.

1 Like

What evidence do you have of this?

she had him in an enclosed space told him about her sex life. That counts as torture.

4 Likes

Or it would result in eye rolling.

1 Like

Did you not see the cinematic. He was imprisoned in a tiny circle while she kept him there trying to convince him. Then she took the sword and dominated him per the Jailer’s request. Idk about you but imprisonment and removal of free will sounds like torture to me.

Well that’s not the definition most people use. The US prison system is not seen as a violation of the 8th Amendment.

1 Like

By most international standards the USA penal system violates human rights laws and international conventions. Solitary confinement is a form of torture as denying free will via torture/isolation is considered a violation of human rights. It’s funny when we realize so much of what Americans find acceptable is considered horrific by most of humanity.

Don’t look too closely at our Healthcare system…

3 Likes

Haha very true!

A good chunk of “Most of humanity” would involve China, Russia, South East Asia, the Indian subcontinent and the Middle East. Do you really think our standars are all that bad compared to those areas?

3 Likes