Anduin with PTSD. What am I missing?

The Annexation Club intended to.

A private Annexation. What I said back at the beginning is that the US did not get any colonies directly. It got them all from someone else. The list includes The United Kingdom, France, Mexico, Spain, Russia and private companies in Hawaii.

Americans were involved and in the end the Government approved and/or had a hand in them all.

Ironically enough in the Living Death campaign, one of the missions that had to be done to defeat the Red Death was to prevent the Annexation of Hawaii. There by establishing that Gothic Earth is on a different timeline.

There was no America when the Spanish colonized the South West of what is now the US or the Atlantic and Pacific islands. The US didn’t exist when the French colonized the middle, when the British colonized the East or when the Russians started colonizing Alaska.

So how could we have approved and/or had a hand when we didn’t exist yet?

Texas, Hawaii, various land grabs from Mexico, the mass deportation of the native tribes from their lands. Need I go on?

No one made that claim.

Apologists for the Confederacy love to keep saying that though.

It is notable however that we were the last nation in the Western Hemisphere to end dejure slavery. (Defacto is another debatable question)

The United States did fight two revolutions to preserve it though… the first was the American Revolution, first hatched by the Southern Colonies worried about the anti-slavery trends in England

2 Likes
  • We took Texas from the Mexicans who had taken it from Spain.
  • We took Hawaii from private fruit companies who had taken it from Hawaiians.
  • Natives were moved off Bikini Island to Kwajalein Atoll so they wouldn’t be killed in nuclear testing. That was probably the closest we came to colonization except for one thing. Bikini is not colonized because it has too much Strontium-90 and Caesium-137 resulting from the nuclear tests.

Key phrase. “We took”

Same again…those private fruit companies were American and they were aided and abetted by American arms. That’s also how we stole Texas from Mexico.

And I’m sure that not only were they peachy keen about being forced to move, they were probably exteremely excited when they got the weather wrong and were treated to some bonus fallout as well.

Ahh. so forcibly removing a native population and then literally salting the earth with radioactive poisoning isn’t the act of a coloniser.

THAT MAKES IT SO MUCH BETTER.

Those ungrateful louts should be falling down on their knees in thanks that we didn’t even charge them for the boat rides!

1 Like

Thinking as I read the thread titles before work…

I have not checked into this thread for a while, mostly because emo Anduin doesn’t interest me much. It does seem to keep growing though. Why? Anduin is not interesting. What sort of lore based discussion could be going on…. let me see…

Oh, now it makes sense why this thread kept going. Everyone forgot about Anduin and started arguing about… everything else.

I wondered why a thread about Anduin would have so much to say - I guess it is because he was forgotten in the discussion.

3 Likes

I notice you didn’t mention the majority of land that was colonized by the British, the French, the Spanish and the Russians.

Yes we took land from Mexico AFTER THEY HAD COLONIZED IT taking land from the native Americans. It wasn’t theirs to have in the 1st place.

And I agreed on the Pacific Islands, which was the only thing you could make a big deal about.

Are you new to internet forums? I actually started virtual forums before the internet came along. I worked at Digital Equipment Corporation where we had DECNet, a computer network tying together all the computers in the company world wide.

We had notes files. Most of them were business oriented. For example the FORTRAN group had a notes file, OpenVMS (The VAX Operating system) had a note file, etc. It was used for groups to anounce versions of products, send out errors in the system and people could respond with their issues.

We also had “employee interest” notes files with things like gardening, bird watching, trains, etc. One in particular was Soap Box where we discussed political issues. That one was burning hot. As soon as I saw discussion groups on the Internet I knew perfectly well what was going to happen.

So let me see if I understand this all well.

When white people steal native land from other white people, it is okay and totally not colonizer mentality.

And that is why Anduin has PTSD. Because he is white people.

Because the topic under discussion was AMERICAN colonialism. Last I checked, we didn’t have ruling authority over those nations. Besides the Monroe Doctrine essentially stated. “Hands off the Western Hemisphere… it’s OURS.”

One of the bribes the British offered during the Revolution was freedom for enslaved blacks.

It’s all those midichlorians in the family line. That’s why his father could one shot a Fel Reaver using Death from Above.

Man’s brain broken because he knows that Sylvanas sold the world due to being sad about eel vore, understandable really.

I didn’t think Texas had much to do with Fruit. Beef and Pecans certainly, but not fruit.

Yes, we didn’t take away their homeland. We didn’t colonize the UK, France, Spain or Russia. However they had colonized most of the US. We took the land from them.

Well, to be precise we fought the British for the 13 colonies and what would latter become about 13 additional states. We bought territory from the French and the Russians because they had more important things to worry about than what were (at the time) untamed wilderness so far from their homelands that it wasn’t the time or expense to manage. We fought Spain for Puerta Rico, Cuba, and the Philippians to liberate their populations (at least that’s how it was reported in the news with the reality being VERY different). So no the United States didn’t always take land from other European powers. Sometimes we bought it from them (I’d add a smiley face but it seems wrong).

I have so many people ignored in this thread that I cannot know for certain if someone is or isn’t ACTUALLY making that claim…

But pretty sure it was the Death God mind controlling him into doing evil things against his will, and further making him enjoy said helplessness.

1 Like

What does that mean?