Anduin should be gay

You can have a gay character without them mentioning sex.

your sidestepping my point. if it isnt mentioned then why bring it up? also dont forget this game is rated for 12 years and up, sex and orientation doesnt need to be mentioned at all does it?

Its rated 14 and up and not sure if you realize this but there are gay kids that young. If you’re fine with straight couples existing in WoW but not gay you’re just homophobic, bottom line.

2 Likes

That’s the point I’ve been trying to get out. Some on this thread thinks lgbt means characters that mention sex and doing the dirty. Lgbt character can exists without going into detail, just simply that there is two bonds between characters lgbt or not. I see no harm in it but apparently it triggers certain people. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

is it 14 in the us? anyway. your again sidestepping, not once was it ever mentioned in game about sex period. So ill ask again, why mention it if it doesnt need to be?

Also nice buzzword there, when in doubt call someone and istaphobe. I dont give a crap if someone is gay or not, what i dont like is it being pushed on established characters and i dont like everything right now being focused on orientation. Its a video game about beating up monsters and bad guys sex should not play a role at all.

3 Likes

whatever homophobe

yup, your response tells me everything i need to know about you. and the op is a troll so gg feeding the troll.

4 Likes

May I ask, can it be both? There’s plenty of straight relationships in the game. You still get to beat up monsters and partake in some awesome battles and story lines. If Anduin happened to be gay or bi, and maybe they put him with a man, would that make you think that Blizzard is pushing some agenda or making the game worse? I just don’t understand. Anduin hasn’t been confirmed straight so until the writers say so, there’s nothing wrong with having an opinion on a characters development. It’ll still be the same game, just with a major character finally being lgbt if the writers decided to do so which would be great imo.

4 Likes

I’d be fine with gay Anduin, but has any of the lore pointed in that direction? I mean, there needs to be some setup. I guess maybe that argument with Wrathion seemed like a bit of a lover’s quarrel, but didn’t some other lore say he liked dwarf women? Maybe he is bi though?

I’ve heard every single argument you’ve made and then some, and I already know from talking to the people who make them that you’re not about being realistic toward these issues and just don’t like seeing gay people in video games. That’s why I don’t take ya’ll seriously anymore.

That and you liked someone’s comment that said gay people are mentally ill. You’re a homophobe, stop calling it a “buzzword”. You’re literally a homophobe.

This thread is still going? Damn

trolls, plus its saturday night, the dreaded weekend shudders

Assuming (possibly wrongly) that this thread is just someone low-key shipping Anduin and Wrathion again…

All of this fan-shipping nonsense gets on my nerves. With any and all characters–gay, straight, bi, or whatever–it doesn’t matter. It is disrespectful to the writers and to the characters.

Leave the character alone. Let them be what they are and quit trying to force your own preferences on them. The writers will write them as they were intended and that should be the end of it.

Anduin x Wrathion
Anduin x Taelia
Flynn x Taelia
Anduin x Baine
Anduin x Jaina

All equally terrible and all for the same reason. None of them are canon or ever were. You are not the writer. Quit telling them how a character “should” be.

If Anduin is gay or bi… Great. It shouldn’t be because someone who can’t keep their headcanon to themselves asked though.

7 Likes

never heard of this “shipping” thing before, but it fits the bill. Either the op is a troll (demonstrated by multiple posts here) or hes this shipping thing you mention.

Anduin’s arent gay dude.

It gets on my nerves that you seem to have the audacity to determine if someones opinion is valid or not and if they should even have an opinion to begin with. Are you suggesting others shouldn’t pitch their ideas or opinion on this public forum for everything WoW related?

You’re the audacious one, friend. Anduin is not your character. You are not his creator. Your opinion on anything in regards to him means less than nothing.

If you want to have control over characters, write a nice story with your own.

I have; literally dozens of them. Several characters are gay. They’re my characters and that is how they were intended to be though. If someone pointed to one of them and went “lol he should be straight” I’d be irritated at them.

This is the same thing.

5 Likes
  • Anduin: We need to save the World and by the way i am gay.
  • Me: Well, good for you and who is the threat?
  • Anduin: Well, it’s not really clear, we need to ask the handsome looking Khadgar.
  • Me: Hey Khadgar, long time no see. Who do we need to kill?
  • Khadgar: There is a powerful demon destroying everything.
  • Anduin: Khadgar, did you that i am gay?
  • Khadgar: I wish you happiness, but we do not have much time for that now. We need to summon our armies and kill that demon.
  • Jaina: Get all in my ship now!
  • Anduin: You may be a Dreadlord Jaina, but i am gay!!
  • Jaina: What??

To me, it’s just not the place for any sexual orientation content. When Talanji, for example, order you to kill X or Y, does she tells you what side of the fence she like?

6 Likes

Everyone I know felt that Anduin had the hots for Wraithion when he punched him in the face

1 Like

Obviously trolling.

So, everyone you know, sees extreme abuse, and thinks that’s a budding romance, or true love? I’d suggest they take a step back, and ask themselves if the relationships they’re in, or the relationships they witness, are remotely healthy.

4 Likes