Anduin should be gay

Soldier was the main one.

But I’m not against representation, I just don’t see why it matters personally. It’s not like knowing that Shaw and Flynn are together is going to change anything about the gameplay or the story. Same with Pelegos, not changing all that much.

What I don’t want is the game’s story to be replaced by representation. It has a place, but there’s still a story, you know?

1 Like

When was he displayed as attracted to women, and how is it political?

“Changed” implies he was different before, political implies it was announced for a political statement. It seems to me like he was just a gay character the whole time. But it was quietly stated as a part of the story in a short story.

2 Likes

Actually some folks have asked for that. The only thing is that its kinda squeamish. They have more of an aunt/nephew sort of relationship than anything. Some would be uncomfortable with that.

1 Like

Kalec and jaina are still a thing.

Anduin has 3 humans as the ideal. Tealia, tess, and lucy.

Yrel could probably work to unless they make her a villain.

Can we please make Anduin gay? …It would be a great story arc

In a word: No! …story arc? Not really.

I briefly googled this subject and counted up to 7 threads+ on this subject. Why the heck is this an obsessive, not to mention excessive focus? When is enough, enuf? Sure, his impending marriage to someone is important to storyline, but how many high profile gay relationships do we need to satisfy an agenda? I mean a few same sex NPC’s walking together holding hands, a couple of female or male innkeepers obviously referring to their spouse (out hunting or cooking or even hrmmphed up that the partner isn’t there when needed in conversation, boom! Just normal life with normal people in love … Leaving it there - all rhetorical questions anyway.

1 Like

In the books anduin has a crush on a dwarf girl but she dies. And he gets excited down under by watching a dreanei girl.

These are the only sexual moments for anduin in the lore. His moments with wrath are friendly or them joking around, or anduin being pissed and punching wrath.

1 Like

Oh, we’re talking about Soldier 76 in Overwatch here, not Anduin. Bæ is saying he was changed to be gay, but I haven’t seen that he ever wasn’t gay, so I’m asking where that was shown. I don’t play Overwatch, so I miss a lot.

(Also, how it was political.)

Ahh.

Yea the photo was kinda out there for him. I didn’t mind it. But it didn’t really add anything of value. It was just there because.

None of which are sexual, unless he’s into some serious fetish level stuff. They have a complex relationship, and considering how easily Wrathion is willing to take risks, its reinforces what Anduin said about him back in Mists.

“He’s interesting, but he’s dangerous.”

That doesn’t mean there is any sexual tension, just a complex relationship. The only thing they really share in common is that both of them have a bit of a daddy issue.

Feels good to be a warlock, we don’t get drama over our sexuality.

Yes i agree. Points i already pointed out.

Anduins straight as far as we know. I would get a laugh if wrathion genderbent himself to mess with anduin. Only for anduin to mess with him harder.

So long as ur demons don’t turn on you in a bad way lol.

When it comes to extremist shippers … you have to make a statement numerous times before it’ll sink into their heads. Even then it doesn’t always work because they believe their headcanon is actually canon and will not budge.

I’m not against shipping. I’m against shipping where it doesn’t fit and where its obviously a dangerous / unhealthy relationship.

I’ve seen some awesome ships that I wish the original author had considered as canon.

I’ve also seen ships where the authors had to go out of their way to murder the ship because it was just that level of unhealthy / dangerous.

Dragons are dangerous, one day we will probably even get rid of Wrathion it will be a good day to see him get his due justice. Probably after we kill Alex. The only one that will really pain me will be if we kill Kalec since he’s always actually meant for the best.

Wrathion’s place in the story is being a good guy, so I doubt it. He is in the story to get the point across that #NotAllBlackDragons are evil. Narratively, we’ll see him going on to become the leader of a healing and noble Black Dragonflight. His character development from cocky child with good intentions to leader of his flight will be long.

I will riot. She’s the only aspect we haven’t killed and I never want to hurt her. She’s been through so much. :pleading_face:

2 Likes

If that does end up happening, he better do a lot more to redeem himself. He indirectly killed two faction leaders, caused an AU with a fanatical yrel, and indirectly managed to start BFA’s faction war feud by indirectly putting sylvie in power with vol’jin’s death.

Yea, it’s a bit sad that every aspect is going to die but blizzard wants to push their concept of all forces in the WoW universe have a fanatical side :confused:

Wrath is an extremist. Being a black dragon he cares about the planet and its titan but not the other living beings on azeroth.

He’s willing to cross moral lines others won’t. He’s not really a good guy and teaters on the line of being a villain.

Don’t forget he played both sides in mop. He just wanted an army for the legion. We messed up his plans so he went back in time to create and use the iron horde. We messed that up to.

Then during legion he was gone researching nzoth and shows up in the final patch. He’s not to be trusted ever.

That epic gamer moment when you forget your drawing from the same timeline with the most powerful warlock excluding Archimonde,Medivh or Kil’jaden. That was never a good idea.

As a child, he was morally ambiguous and stupid, but now, as an adult, he has displayed empathy and maturity. Again, this is displayed narratively as he grows as a character.

Nothing he has done could be construed as villainous. As a child, maybe a splash of anti-hero, sure, though it wasn’t with selfish intentions. But as an adult, I’d be incredibly interested to see how one can view any of his deeds as antagonistic. He displays empathy and affection for others–especially Anduin. Even after the cinematic where he tries to embrace Anduin and keeps calling him his friend. Have you ever tried to enter Stormwind Keep in a Horrific Vision? Wrathion begs you not to; he doesn’t want to see Anduin in that state.

2 Likes

I came back to cheese a nzoth kill a few days ago and only did a handful of visions when that patch first launched. Before i gave up on bfa. I have however since done the ingame quest chains and read the rising shadows book. So ive been keeping up with the story.

Wrathion is less extreme as an adult yes. But he’s still not a super moral lawful good kind of character. He has caused many deaths with his past actions.

And he spent all of legion off screen researching old gods. Then shows up in bfas final patch. Help fight nzoth so has some lines. And poofs again from the story.

Hes not in the book and i have not seen him involved with sl at all.

What does he do after nzoths defeat in the story?

As a dpecies we know of 2 black dragons and both are men. They can’t even regrow their flight. Unless dragons reproduce asexually.