Anduin Raid Finale - cinematic reaction

I feel like some of y’all are forgetting that Arthas is a narcissist and it being one of the reasons he was an enjoyable villain.

1 Like

I really wouldn’t be offended by it. Because if they are gonna go with the everyone was possessed or controlled by the Jailer, it applies to him too. They can’t just use the excuse on characters they personally covet.

4 Likes

Hugging people? You mean his teacher\father figure that he killed when he was dominated? or jaina his lover?

I think its not hard to believe a post thousand year torture and not being able to communicate because of domination he would of wanted to say something…

Arthas in the books really cared for people he was a palidan that got corrupted by domination magic.

3 Likes

I thought Sylvannas did understand, given she mentions she ended up becoming just like him

Lol we got a lot of Arthas simps here that completely missed the point of his story.

He was a tragic hero-turned-villain. He was corrupted, yes, but every step he took was a result of his choices. He was not a good person by the end of his story. He doesn’t need to be redeemed, and he certainly doesn’t need to be trotted back out just for some hugging.

3 Likes

Oh they can. AND THEY WILL!

1 Like

Well I don’t mean they can’t write what they do, just that players won’t buy it.

All I wanted to see was his soul get released, maybe a brief vision of his face, possibly a word of goodbye to Jaina, then to watch it flit off into wherever and the conversation end with “his soul is freed once more” by Uther. And leave it at that.

Not a “hey, we’re just going to file 13 him and let Sylvanas monologue a big eff you to the last vestige of his essence before it’s completely destroyed.”

8 Likes

We will all accept this as a fever dream. We voted on it last Tuesday.

Technically as soon as he got frostmourne he was under domination magic. Up until then he was fine.

Why cant he be redeemed? What would be so bad in finishing off the jainna uther arthas story. He litereally did all the bad stuff Post picking up frostmourne. This xpac basically said He actually wasnt evil and he was dominated thats the whole point of sylvannas\anduin basically being just like arthas and doing the same thing.

1 Like

One of the many realities in the Caverns of Time, but not our reality.

It wasn’t though. His major arc was his absolute corruption before even taking the blade. The entire Northrend Expedition was essentially his doom into the inevitable corruption of his soul. No mourneblade needed.

Man I miss good ol’ Caverns of Time. What a great way of getting folks to experience major lore events :weary:

3 Likes

What was bad??? People can have ethical debates about strathholm, but what after that before picking up frostmourne? He is tracking down somebody that is going to basically kill all of his people? Somebody that is going to genocide all his faction\continue to plague the lands, he is tracking them down no matter what to stop them for his people.

So saying, i disagree that up untill picking up frostmourne he was considered a evil character.

1 Like

Stratholme would like to say hello.

1 Like

I highly suggest playing through his Northrend Expedition because it is a massive arc to his character.

3 Likes

Yea that is a ethical debate. If stratholme wasnt purged then the plague would of spread and killed everybody. Not everybody agrees with you

Did you forget the part where he murdered the mercenaries he had hired and destroyed his follower’s only way home to force them to help him pursue an obsessive need for vengeance?

We can debate what he did in Stratholme, but it broke him either way. Everything after that was a descent into madness and hate.

2 Likes

Just say what made him evil and considered a evil character pre frostmourne in the north rend campaign?

Nothing like Janina when she went through and killed all the horde or any other main character that geocided,

His entire Northrend Expedition.

1 Like

hi

1 Like