Anduin Raid Finale - cinematic reaction

I thought it was cool the part where anduin breaks the chains but the arthas bit was just trash.

Sylvanas stands there and condems Arthas whisp, even though she went through the same thing as him and should really understand that it was just domination magic.

What would of been 10000000000x better if arthas manifested and apologized guilt riddled and in pain from all the torture can barely stay in existance, Uther forgives or says something that ties up his story and then jaina hugs him and then he fades away.

I was not expecting much but i am really disappointed at this. Can we get a blue to explain why they dealt with Arthas like this? I am really confused how you would write it this way or was it just a mistake.

How do you spin arthas for years and years with Jainna and uther cinematics\quests (in the last 2 xpacs), then we finally found out that he was dominated the whole time and the final time we see him you show him as a whisp to get grilled by the worse character that nobody likes while Uther and jainna are literally standing there and you dont even engage that.

104 Likes

Just like Garrosh they desecrated two of the best characters they ever had.

78 Likes

I haven’t seen it but I imagine…:
Anduin: thank you Maw Walker. Henceforth, I shall purposefuly make my voice even lighter to signify I’m even more gooder than before.

3 Likes

That would have been absolutely awful and I’m immeasurably glad it didn’t happen.

13 Likes

I thought the cinematic was good, Sylvanas needed to be in it a lot less and Jaina and Uther needed to talk to Arthas. The Anduin part was amazing though

13 Likes

I think Garrosh at least had a good ending, He went out the way he lived like a badass with love for the horde like his father.

After years of being a tortured soul and having to relive everything he did when he was dominated, he finally gets freed just to be a little whisp t hat gets grilled by slyvannas because she is mad even though he was technically not in control and was dominated.

Then after the sylvannas grilling just fades away.

I truly hate this story now.

48 Likes

To be fair there wasn’t really anything to talk to. Arthas was long gone, as he should be. The wisp was just a little fuzz of leftover energy.

2 Likes

Varian Wrynn was there all along!!! Felt like they just completely ruined Arthas thought.

More like:

Anduin: Thank you Father and thank you Saurfang for helping me break free.

3 Likes

That didn’t seem to stop Sylvanas

21 Likes

Well, she does love a good monologue.

4 Likes

Well, she does love a monologue

lol

But seriously, I didn’t hate it. It just needed less Sylvanas and more closure for two other characters that were close to Arthas in life.

2 Likes

How would of it been bad??? We found out this xpac that arthas was basically like slyvanas and was dominated the whole time.

Technically sylvanas caused more death and destruction than arthas did

21 Likes

They bring back Arthas just to have him hug it out? :face_vomiting:

That would be the worst, most pandering fan fiction I could think of.

9 Likes

Everything is about Sylvanas, even when Anduin is the focus of the scene.

When Sylvanas is not on screen, everyone should be asking “Where’s Sylvanas?”

33 Likes

So that’s it?

Anduin breaks the mourneblade and Arthas is just a nightlight?

6 Likes

I’m happy with how they did Arthas to be honest. We didn’t need to hear him or see him. His presence was powerful enough imo

He’s dead and has been since 2009. It’s time to let him go

5 Likes

So them grilling him as a whisp then him disappearing is better than him talking to Uther or jainna? Did you write this story ? LOL!

There was huge talk about Uther and Jainna around arthas for like 2-3 xpacs now. And sylvannas took up the whole frame to grill him even though he was dominated just like her. Uther forgiveness and jainnas forgiveness would of actually finished off those stories.

Just like they forgave sylvanas and they will forgive anduin for all the death they caused while dominated.

23 Likes

Theya ren’t saying that Sylvanas deserved this moment over them, we simply did not need to see and hear Arthas. Jaina and Uther should have had the dialogue with his soul; not Sylvanas. But we didn’t need him to apologize, it would be unnecessary.

2 Likes

Significantly, yes. If he had speaking lines that means Danuser would have written them, and then he probably would have just spent the whole cinematic apologizing to Sylvanas.

9 Likes

Then he should not of shown up at all then. In my opinion this is worse, they should of just not even brought up his name once. OR get metzens help I dont know, this is really upsetting.

10 Likes