Anduin is LGBT confirmed in Shadows Rising?

Andu, man of culture

1 Like

Thatā€™s how I read it. He spends the book being weighed down by the choices heā€™s made and he knows he still has to make. He knows thereā€™s no reason to smile/blush because he knows nothing can/will happen and he wants to be left alone to his drink and to people watch.

1 Like

If I had a beverage in my mouth I might have spit it out. :joy:

Murph we all know youā€™re an obvious troll. Give it up

2 Likes

Just finished the book last night, did not read this passage that way at all. I agree with the above assessments that he was so weighed down by his burdens that he initially didnā€™t even register it as an opportunity to be attracted. Later in the same scene he purposely changes that view in order to appreciate her.

1 Like

I just see it as him letting himself relax a moment. As King he canā€™t go making eyes at attractive people, but in that situation heā€™s not king so he can embrace normal.

1 Like

First the ignorant Tess is a lesbian thread and now this one. It amazing how many of the creators of these threads fail at reading comprehension.

2 Likes

Dude what? Anduin isnā€™t 13 and the book is taking in place in the current timeline.

A 13 year old getting drunk at a pub and approached by Jaina?

them. He looked at each of their faces in turn, memorizing them, wondering how long it would take until they too turned up on a freezing slab beneath the Cathedral of Light, innocent lambs before the slaughter. Soldiers. His soldiers. And he would command them, and tell them to fight, for that was a kingā€™s right and duty.

Roux, Madeleine. Shadows Rising (World of Warcraft: Shadowlands) (p. 222). Random House Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.

Anduin searched the bar, eyes rolling over a dozen unfamiliar faces, until at last he noticed the clean, white-robed woman in the corner near the stairs, her face in view of everyone, her white brows drawn down in confusion, her lips slightly parted around what he could only assume was a curse. Jaina. Her eyes flared wide. Anduin slapped another coin down on the table and shoved himself out of the chair, around the corner, and out the door, gasping as if struck when the warm, body-damp air shifted from hot to cold.

Roux, Madeleine. Shadows Rising (World of Warcraft: Shadowlands) (p. 223). Random House Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.

1 Like

Shouldnā€™t it be a picture of a lion vs. a house cat?

Summary

Then he remembered that he wasnā€™t Anduin just then, so it was all right to glance at her, admire her smile and blush, so he did. He let himself sink into the delirious joy of anonymity. When the barmaid stayed a little and flirted, asking his name, he winked, still swathed in the hood, and said, ā€œJerek. And what do I call you?ā€

Roux, Madeleine. Shadows Rising (World of Warcraft: Shadowlands) (p. 220). Random House Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.

The passage after what the OP quotes

2 Likes

Itā€™s not, I just think the name is stupid and his character will no doubt be forgotten about in a few years whereas Leroy Jenkins will always be fondly remembered by the community for as long as people continue to play WoW.

I wouldnā€™t argue with this, all memes have an expiration date

Who cares!?

My husband was thought to be gay for 20 years because he wasnā€™t seeing anyoneā€¦

Dude can blush on command. He is the ultimate player.

Or heā€™s just that overwhelmed by his own anxiety and inner dialog. Itā€™s just driving home that Anduin is Saduin right now.

1 Like

That too. I donā€™t know how the OP couldā€™ve gone from ā€œAnduin didnā€™t care about pretty ladyā€ to ā€œAnduin must be LGBTQ+ā€

The real crime here is the book is 14 bucks for the kindle version and its not even 300 pages long.

3 Likes

^^I vote this post for president.^^

1 Like

Just because a man isnā€™t chasing every skirt he comes across is hardly an indication of interest in only menā€¦

2 Likes