Anduin is LGBT confirmed in Shadows Rising?

I dunno I think Khadgar would find it funny

2 Likes

Isn’t that Bwonsamdi’s humor though? It feels like it kinda fit as a nod to the meme.

1 Like

The last time Anduins sexuality was mentioned, it was his response and feelings toward Female Draenei.

So he’s probably just unimpressed by non-exotic females.

1 Like

It’s also fitting if people think “That’s a dead meme!”

OF COURSE a loa of death would know about dead memes

2 Likes

Man, don’t get my hopes up with titles like this.

Blizzard has a history of seizing pop culture moments, especially when it comes to ones involved in their own IP.

I mean I have a title of ‘Jenkins’

How is Bwonsamdi calling Zappyboi Zappy Boy a big deal?

2 Likes

At first I thought he could be a G, a B, or a T, but definitely not an L. Then I realized he could be a T attracted to F’s, which would make him an L.

3 Likes

Also you may be misreading this moment.

This could imply more so Anduin is more focused on the task at hand than carnal desires. Which is a good trait for a leader.

2 Likes

Or maybe because it’s a brothel and that’s not his scene? Maybe the idea of a woman in that setting is repulsive to him, even if she is absolutely gorgeous?

Why did you jump to LGBT over this?

Not enough evidence…

Depends on the setting and the context, but I could see that joke being made AND Khadgar getting a chuckle out of it.

1 Like

Bwonsamdi’s humour is reddit humour? Maybe you are right. I only played through a Horde character a couple weeks back and when I got up to him I didn’t see what the hub bub was about with him. His area was cool.

That’s awesome! I wasn’t really familiar with the game until my cousin stayed for a weekend and I played it on his computer. When I discovered you could have a same sex relationship it really opened my eyes. As a gay man I loved it. I think I went out and bought it the day he went home or the very next day. I’m really glad they put it in.

1 Like

Because I feel this needs to be reposted, OP is blatantly wrong in the OP:

When the barmaid came by, plump and beautiful, dark-skinned, with a ready, brilliant smile that would’ve made another boy blush, he slid her a normal sum of money and asked for an ale. Then he remembered that he wasn’t Anduin just then, so it was all right to glance at her, admire her smile and blush, so he did.

Roux, Madeleine. Shadows Rising (World of Warcraft: Shadowlands) (p. 220). Random House Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.

4 Likes

Bwonsamdi is kind of a goofball.

I’m definitely not going to defend Reddit here, but it’s a harmless thing. It’s not like some commander is addressing him in serious conflict. Didn’t Saurfang call him by his real name?

We can be sneaky sometimes lol. I’m just picturing that engineer pulling a Surprised Pikachu face at it working out

1 Like

Every single time and so did everyone else in the book.

He is referred to as Zappy Boy one time over 289 pages.

3 Likes

I thought it was funny. It’s fun to see an IP get a little meta and embrace the culture and community that has sprung up around it. All hail Zappy Boi

2 Likes

does not mean he only likes girls… plus he was 13 there if you spammed except of a different book hes older now, how many people decide later on in life what they are?

Okay that makes sense.

Then it’s exactly what I said then. It’s not implying Anduins gay, it’s implying he’s keeping a focused mindset not letting those hormones dictate his choices.

3 Likes

You pulled one passage, but didn’t mention the passage that comes AFTER

I haven’t read it yet, but I’m guessing Bwonsomdi used it as a dig, not a term of endearment.