Anduin has been ruined

hard to believe this guy is Varyan’s son. he’s gotta become more, and fast.

To be fair, his appearance seems like a pretty accurate representation of what playing through Shadowlands felt like to me.

Serious trauma does that to a person, hate to break it to ya.

1 Like

Technically he did kill some over glorfied butterfly people in that tree.

BUt…I’d have that a total failure of leadeship by the “good” guys.

That tree was the only major structure on the whole place besides Bwansamdi’s entrance… Lets make it obivious. and throw a handful of guards at it. Totally sound call there, not really.

Those deaths weren’t on him completely. Some commanders own that too. Some ordered that trash. others followed that trash not saying c’mon now…we can’t hide this infinity stone better?

We got Bolvar. 50 yards from the place. A slow as hell dk who didn’t have death grip on the bar.

And an ice mage who had a lapse of super plot armour, at jsut the right time for a dramatic scene.

1 Like

This is about the facts. And you HAVE NOT stated the facts.

What he looks like isn’t my issue. I’m upset that he wasn’t brought back into the story line with much pomp or anything. He just…showed up. Would have been nice if there was a quest chain or something…he is/was the king of Stormwind after all. Pretty important dude.

Yeah, sure. To put it more clearly, I criticize the fact that this helplessness was caused by mind control rather than a complex, exceptional psychological situation. MoP or BFA would have been the perfect venue for such a scenario.

Keeshan is just a parody and yet much better written in that regard.

Aside from that, every other guy in Warcraft has been mind-controlled at some time and they’ve just shrugged it off in the past. It’s far too trivial to be the super-traumatic experience now, and it’s too fictional to immerse yourself in and feel with anduin. Yes, of course: Theoretically, it is bad. But nothing more than “theoretically”. You can’t actually empathize with it because it doesn’t exist; you can’t feel it; all you can do is imagine how it would feel, which is extremely dull.

Yes, it felt artificial and out of character.

In my opinion, that’s not enough on the warcraft-scale.
If he had committed some real atrocities, this whole thing could actually be taken more seriously.

One of the devs finally watched Sons of Anarchy after a decade and now have a Jax fetish.

I do agree with you that Blizzard needs to stop putting so much of the character development parts of the story in books- unless they start putting the books in a nice library in game where your character can go read them!!

But as to comparing Jaina to Anduin… my experience working ( just a volunteer) with mental health issues due to combat trauma was that what breaks one person is nothing to another- and vice versa.

2 Likes

This is 100% true. I just feel that from what I watched of Anduin in the game…the way he is acting just is a bit too dramatic to me. Maybe he is just soft. I mean Thrall had to deal with being a slave and the Jaina thing…and with Anduin he hasn’t really done anything. So I guess if I look at it from the perspective of he’s been safe his whole life and he finally got manipulated.

But I just wish the story did a better job of making it appear that Anduin was doing horrible acts. We saw the mental back and forth between him and Sylvanas. That, I give a 10/10. But they tell us he did horrible horrible things…and to that I’m like NO HE DID NOT. He did ONE thing Blizzard. He stabbed gods who could not die to steal their sigils. That is not OMG I GOTTA GO CRY EVERY NIGHT CAUSE THE GODS ARE ALIVE AND WE MADE NEW SIGILS type of depression to me. The only other thing he did was be a raid boss, but we stopped that and brought him back. So what horrible horrible things did he do? I hate that story so much.

I did, you just cant accept it.

by who???

He seems to shape shift into a different person every expansion or 2. It’s dumb that they can’t settle one a consistent appearance for him.

3 Likes

You can fix him…

Dude has seen some stuff.

So you’re saying he’s Andruined?

I don’t agree that he was ruined.

One thing I don’t like though is how they changed the other characters in the world. Someone like Anduin was rare in Azeroth in the past, it was a dark (but goofy at times.), world with lots of war and death. Now the majority of characters are soft, kind, and gentle. It just ruined Anduins niche in the story in my opinion.

He used to stand out with his views, I loved his interactions with his father. Now it’s all the same, and everyone else is the same, and it’s lame. I really dislike what the current writers have done with the story.

1 Like

All you did was troll me.

what is wrong with him

1 Like

That mass rez during the BfA intro cinematic permanently hunched him over…

It really took a lot out of him…

1 Like