An Unwelcome Advisor

The quest An Unwelcome Advisor was hard broke by the pre-patch. Anduin is no longer in Stormwind and there is no other turn in point or work around to continue the quest chain.

16 Likes

The same thing happens with Shandris/Maiev for On Whispered Winds as well.

1 Like

Try dropping it and change zones before picking it up again. When my hunter first showed up in Stormwind before he was eligible for the quest, he saw Turalyon there instead of Anduin. Unlocked Naj and got the quest, came back and Anduin was there.

this didn’t work at all from me I tried it many times

1 Like

So I dropped the quest to try this and now I can’t get it again. I don’t know where to pick it up since it showed up when I was on the boat. Hmm. Any suggestions to get it again?

Just figured I would stop here and let everyone know. I was puzzled by this and couldn’t for the life of me figure out how to get around it. Until a friend invited me and we clicked the new “party sync” option and it resolved the issue completely and there stood Anduin. Highly recommend trying that.

7 Likes

Koketsu’s solution worked for me. I had to try twice - did it once with a friend that was lvl 27 - no luck. Then i synced with a friend that was 50 and boom anduin and magni in SW Keep.

Koketsu’s fix worked for me as well. I spent a couple days trying to figure out how to reset it and all the other fixes people suggested didn’t work for me. Much love Koketsu!

1 Like

I had already completed the whispering winds darkshore questline when it came out on my paladin alt. Now I logged into my paladin and I can’t get anduin to appear, ive tried abandoning the quest, reloading, and even tried party sync. Still no dice. This quest worked fine on horde side.

1 Like

Koketsu’s fix worked for me as well.

I tried the above fix with two guildies. No luck for me. Come on Blizz fix this

1 Like

I too was unable to see Anduin on the quest “An Unwelcome Advisor” on a fresh lvl50. There was a yellow ? quest in the adjacent room, “On Whispered Winds”. I abandoned that quest (“On Whispered Winds”) and Anduin immediately showed up and I was able to complete “An Unwelcome Advisor”. Hope this helps until they get it fixed.

2 Likes

Getting rid of “On Whispered Winds.” Fixed it for me. For anyone curious how to get it back. Just go to boralus and check your map for quest markers.

7 Likes

Edit: Was able to finally get it after spamming the party sync feature several times. The phasing is really weird.

I can’t get the quest to work on my mage at all. Tried all of the above.

1 Like

Abandoning On Whispered Winds worked for me as well.

I just did this, and Anduin loaded for me immediately. Thank you!

I’m also having this issue with new characters :confused:

This worked for me. Anduin immediately popped in after abandoning Whispered Winds.

This worked for me, thanks =)

This worked for me as well.