Can't start 8.3 questline in pre-patch

I had the 8.3 intro that told me to talk to anduin (where he punches wrathion). When I arrived there, turalyon is on the throne and I couldnt complete the quest so I dropped it, hoping to reset it and maybe fix it. Now no one is on the throne and I’m not getting the quest from anywhere or anyone. I’ve tried zoning out, going to the heart chamber, boralus. Nothing does it.

Edit: after being logged out for a while, when I logged back in, I got the quest back but anduin is still missing in stormwind.

5 Likes

same problem for me

Edit: Crashed… logged back in after waiting a few mins… not sure if Blizz disconnected me to correct the phasing issue or what, but when I got rid of the Black Empire Campaign quest, then went to stormwind, anduin was there, along with Maiev… so I could turn in a few quests and get the quest chain back on track… no idea if removing one of the 2 anduin quest chains did the trick or not… or if the crash fixed it

2 Likes

I have a similar issue but for the 8.2 war campaign. Specifically I cannot start the Stay of Execution quest because Anduin is missing from the throne room and he is the questgiver. That means I can’t finish the war campaign and get the “Veteran of the Fourth War” title right now…

I’m guessing anyone who has quests to get from Anduin and is L50 will be facing some issues right now.

I too am having the same issue trying to hand in the “An End to the Killing” quest… I tried all of the above and canceling my “An Unwelcome Advisor” quest but each time I enter Stormwind Keep the animation of High Exarch Turalyon happens making it impossible for Anduin to return. REALLY annoying considering this quest is needed to start the BFA pathfinder quests.

I am stuck on the “Stay of Execution” quest as well. I havent been able to find a way to make Anduin spawn. Hopefully this is fixed with the patch in a few hours.

Doesn’t look like these lazy GMs will take any action considering that people have been complaining about this for nearly 8 weeks now:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/an-unwelcome-advisor/681695