An Open Letter: Please Blizzard, fix Wild Growth!

1. I’m okay with WG hitting warlock pets / hunter pets (to some degree)
  2. I’m absolutely not okay with WG hitting a temp summon ever. we have no other option of raid healing (for now)
  3. I’d also be okay with WG either being pets / no pets, leaning towards no pets if that has to include temp summons. (which is weird, because warlock pets are flagged as … warriors or rogues I can’t remember) for pally power

Big sus. Also I’ve never healed before so who knows. All my heal logs are long gone.

1 Like

Good luck waiting for a response I guess.

Anywho RIP the armory.

WG needs to change. a lot. Just here to flood the trolls away from an actual discussion.

They only listen to community council now.

(Mostly joking)

They don’t listen to anyone.

ahem

Back in MY day, they actually checked these class threads and respected the numbers / investigations that the classes put up.

If only.

oh really? so dk’s have no permanent pets. gotcha thanks for educating me on this. again i have stated fix the bug if it is a bug. which i’m willing to bet it is bugged or even broken. but the fact is healers still don’t heal pets that are permanent oh right. thats only hunters with permanent silly me i forgot you educated me on this. nevermind dks, frost mages, warlocks, its only hunter pets. thanks for educating me on this.

Healing pets counts towards your HPS on logs.

does it? if so i’ll admit i’m wrong. i thought they didn’t. my mistake then.

As irritating as you are, I really do appreciate your continued boosting of this thread by way of trolling. It’s important to me that this stays visible as long as possible in the hopes to actually get this spell fixed. So honestly mate hang around as long as you like and straw man to your heart’s content.

2 Likes

i am not trolling homie. i agree fix the bugs. i want them ironed out. if anything in my last post was being condescending and being factitious. but trolling naw my dude. not trolling.

Finger guns No content in the game currently or ever where you need to worry about your pet, As for the last part of your post…You’re really fun at parties I bet.

Edit: Aside from Arena’s of course.

oh well tell that to my pet that dies or the hunter pet that dies. or frost mage (they shouldn’t be in the raids), or even warlock pets. oh nope chillbeef who got wrecked in the last post has to pick another fight. always getting wrecked in all his arguments. legitimately i think you stalk my posts. you okay my dude. do you need a friend? do i need to pull you aside and have a 1 on 1 conversation to talk out your personal problems with your life? but in all seriousness yes pets do die in the raids if you don’t believe it you’re blind to it. and that is fine. be blind but don’t lie about it not happening.

The primary issue with Wild Growth is that it prioritizes time-limited pets like Treants and Mirror Images over players in some cases. A compromise solution that prevents WG from hitting these pets while continuing to heal other permanent pets would be a vast improvement.

I don’t need to stalk your posts, You post a lot on the forums and I happen to see them, As for being ‘wrecked’, please. You stalk as many posts as you can and spew vitriol things when you don’t agree with something. You’re not like that all the time but It’s enough to notice. Upon that very fact when you begin to insult people, I feel rather sorry for you to be so mean for no reason while trying to sound intelligent, clearly the keyboard warrior is strong in you.

As for your pets dying? The only fight I can see where your pet might die a lot is Algalon because I’ve never done him, but our UH’s do fine and parse fine without our healers looking out for their pet, if you can’t micro-manage your own pet, maybe you should try frost, but in any case you do you.

3 Likes

It’s not broken. It does what it says on the tool tip. You want #changes and they aren’t going to do them.

I main a resto Druid and I’m ok with it healing pets. They contribute dps and wild growth is usually used on melee (who are clumped together) during times of big damage. If a pet in there gets a heal, that’s better for the team.

I very rarely notice enough to cast rejuv on a pet so a small passive heal on them here and there is a good thing

There’s a difference between a pet and a temporary summon. Under no circumstances should a ghost wolf, treent, mirror image, bloodworm, army of the dead ghoul EVER get a WG proc. Even though I still don’t think pets should get priority over players who are taking damage, and I don’t see WG as some be-all-end-all of pet healing that needs to be preserved at the dire risk of pet class DPS, I am less annoyed about perma pet healing. It’s really the horrific temporary summon issue that is completely unreasonable.

1 Like

They aren’t going to fix things just because you want them fixed. If it worked this way in WOTLK originally then it is going to work this way in Classic.

The spell is literally doing what it says it does.

Except you’re wrong.

"Heals up to 5 friendly party or raid members within 15 yards of the target for (98 * 7 *) over 7 sec. "

For comparison let’s look at the tool tip for Chain Heal:
Heals the friendly target for (231% of Spell power), then jumps to heal the 3 most injured nearby allies.

Judging by your logic Chain Heal seems more like it should bounce to pets and temporary summons. Wild Growth indicates party and raid members only.

The mechanic of other smart heals prioritizes actual players. I don’t remember army of the dead ghouls or mirror images being considered party members but not injured allies. There is not enough specificity in the tooltip to make the kind of assertion you are making.

1 Like

Wrong wild growth says it heals all friendly targets in your party or raid, which includes pets.

Also, it heals around any target, even if it is not in your party or raid. You can target the boss and it will heal friendlies around the boss.

If it healed pets in WOTLK originally then they aren’t going to fix it now.

They want the game to be like it was.