An Eye on Player Behavior and Reporting Improvements

Uh, different people but I guess I’m flattered?

Not that I know of. You have to cross over into serious server disruption before they would care. Killing mobs in an area is what you are supposed to be doing. That report option is more for when someone intentionally is afk in a battleground, making the team lose on purpose, pulling a boss over and over to wipe raid team on purpose, etc.

Here is the PTR image of it from MrGMs video.

Imgur

1 Like

also groping my female employees and replacing my POC/LGBT employees with an AI tool! That’s not toxic either!

2 Likes

also wow I sure can’t wait to see literally every dungeon group ever report a new player until auto-moderator silences/bans them

2 Likes

I have zero faith in this system. As has already been mentioned, blizzard’s automated reporting system is very easily manipulated and many many people will be wrongfully silenced due to abuse. It’s already heavily manipulated in Overwatch where I’ve seen more than a few people wrongfully silenced because a full team of 6 decided to report an enemy for killing them too much.

Blizzard will also never admit fault and just say the system is working and instead keep the silence/suspension and say they wont respond to any further tickets.

3 Likes

Lovey. Sure hope this game doesn’t turn into another FFXIV where half the playerbase is scared to say anything other than purely positive tripe lest they get a strike towards their permanent 3 strike permaban system lmao. Yeah it’s true you could say just don’t be an a$$hole. But at the end of the day the world is full of overly sensitive vengeful people who will do amything to get their desperation for power fulfilled

I sincerely hope this game doesn’t turn into another FFXIV. That game is the epitome example of toxic positivity.

People need to learn to walk away from negativity, teach their children to do the same and stop asking authorities to babysit their feelings. Bah this nanny stuff is all so exhausting. Tired of the internet turning into a walking on eggshells simulator

4 Likes

You just did the very thing that was made an example of in the article.

:man_facepalming:

You know, I thought the false flagging was bad, but feast your eyes on this (it’s the very first reply in this thread as well - geez):

Blizzard knows the automated stuff gets abused. They don’t need to leave the forums to know this.

I hope the reporting revamp takes some of that out of the equation (squelches for sure) and that they put more human eyes on reports.

1 Like

I would say I am a kind and helpful person. I point out things that could help the group and the likes.

Nonetheless, all it takes is an unhappy person to make a false report and you could get in trouble it seems. That person is just warning others to turn off the chat for their safety.

wanders into the thread

Hi Blizird peeps! I am Elmer and I am a gud Gnomey! I liv in my Nelfys pokit and giv the Hordes lots and lots of hugs…WITH BULLETS AND KITTIES! And then theey giv me lots of big squooshy Horde hugs bak that mayk me giggle!

I kant rite or reed gud but my Nelfy helps me sumtymes.

I knoe wat wud mayk the happy Azeroth buddypals happy! Eeting tasty :bear::sandwich:! Beecuz rhin wee wud hav happy tummies! HOORAY!

I hop yoo mayk a thyng too doo in the new playse so we can smak naughty bears who lie in the head until theey turn intwo tasty :bear::sandwich:! Thin we cud all bee happy Azeroth buddypalz with happy tummies and be nyse! HOORAY! Mama Nelfy who is Tierandy evun sayd Mal…ummm…malf…ummm…MALFURRYON is a extry naughty bear becuz he lied about beeing a bear and his name iznt evun Malfurryon! It iz Shando! So he is extry naughty so I smaked him extra hard so he turned into tasty :bear::sandwich:!

Thin I wudint bee skared ov big wirds amd kan giv the Hordes lots of hugs…WITH BULLETS AND KITTIES, play raynbowe tag with my Nelfy who is my Nelfy, and eet tasty :bear::sandwich:! HOORAY!

gives all the Blizzard peeps tasty :bear::sandwich: so they can have happy tummies and be happy Azeroth buddypalz before wandering absently out of the thread

4 Likes

You are the one and only acceptable gnome. I hope you have a good day.

3 Likes

What comes from the nanny state after this? Intentionally vague “contracts” are intentional for a reason. We already have a EUA and TOS that covers this stuff.

I don’t believe we have any proof that there is much chance of getting falsely reported let alone be unjustly punished.
The reporting system only seems slightly change to make it a little easier than before. There’s no evidence people are all of the sudden going to be abusing the report system.
I see a few people who seem to have crystal balls allowing them to think they can see into a dark and scary future though.

I’m not entirely sure why people are freaking out like this is all new. As far as I can tell, the only thing that has changed is that there’s a cleaned-up UI for right-click reports.

• All of the things in the “Social Contract” were already in the TOS or are suggestions, not reportable rule breaking
  • All of the things that you can report for are the same, with the same workarounds if the behavior is reportable but doesn’t fit into one clean category
  • Blizzard continues to use people for moderation and not automation, aside from the automated “squelch” function which existed for a long time before now

The only thing that looks to be changing is that they’re leaning away from using silences as punishments for chat penalties, and going back to using temporary bans more often. The discussion in the Customer Support forum mentioned that this was because actual bans instead of silences seemed to curb the behavior more after they gave silences a try.

3 Likes

All I have to say is, the amount of people losing their minds on here over being reminded that you have to follow the rules that you already agreed to before you could even play the game, is beyond ridiculous. The rules haven’t changed.

Poor Mirasol on here trying to put out all the fires, she has to be exhausted.

6 Likes

What? How? I said my opinion. Is that not allowed anymore? As far as I can see I didn’t say anything toxic…I just said what I think about this article and the idea of policing people to the extent that we are now. Is voicing my opinion when it goes against the deemed acceptable opinion against the rules now according to the article?

You originally had (very poorly) masked profanity. You edited it out, so you should be good now.

Ah well I’ve used profanity in/game for 10 years. I understand it was always against the rules but it hasn’t been enforced to my knowledge since the game’s inception, unless someone reported people for it. And if people now feel obligated to report profanity that’s just sad

1 Like

Have you played TBC, it is nothing but Looking for group spam, if you can’t find a group for leveling then you are not reading. Or did you just not consider actually doing that because fast reading text = spam = only bad. SMH.

I actually am playing right now and my son is boosting me.

And I didnt have to bother others in this world to do it :smiley: