An Eye on Player Behavior and Reporting Improvements

Can only use what ive seen and heard from others.

Any unholy dk that doesnt join necrolords is shot. Unholy itself feels awful to play with its pimple popper set up.
Hunters who dont join night fae are in the same boat. Only slight difference is joining kyrian for them isnt too less than fae.

Just a couple examples of where i feel its not balanced at all. Like i said if someone goes by the meta or bis stuff then sure for them all is well but if thats the only way to feel balanced then it isn’t truly balanced.

Says the guy making statements about white people? smh

Forgot to mention that alternative. You’re probably right.

Oh this is going to get abused so badly.

1 Like

an eye on player behavior. Sauron still sees you Frodo :rofl:

1 Like

if you get auto kicked and have to appeal it its a ban if it wasnt a ban you wouldnt have to appeal it.

You can appeal, anything: Squelches (which aren’t worth it, you can handle not spamming public chats for 24 hrs), Silences (which you still have access to play, you just can’t spam public chat channels, oh the horror!), Suspensions (to lower the time), etc.

It’s NOT a ban. Quit spreading false information.

its an abusive system thats left up to a gm that you dont know if they are judgeing you on their personal issues.

1 Like

I agree Squelch is garbage, but it’s not a ban. We agree the Squelch sucks. I just don’t agree in calling it a ban because it’s not.

1 Like

its all good mang.

If you think all squelching/silencing does is prevent you from using chat channels, then it’s no wonder you don’t care about it.

Unfortunately, the Squelch isn’t going, anywhere. It’s been here, before other people (not everyone) began freaking out over something that hadn’t really changed.

Squelch has been around since Cata among many other things but people are not either aware of them because it wasn’t abused very much then or because everything is far more visible now along with more and more people becoming aware that they can abuse such things.

Really better moderation and GMs would solve all the problems, because if you were found to be reported for no reason in order to incur a squelch or something else they could and should go right to fixing it and dealing out punishment for those that abused it which is even more of a rarity.

Squelching has the same effects as silencing and they’re beyond brutal. Look at what you can lose if you’re hit with an abused automated squelch:

Can be now yeah, that’s one of the things they changed over the years was how silences affect you. Originally the automated ‘squelch’ was actually a 3-hr suspension or some such.

I like how the pic related implies that only humans are capable of misconduct.

As a matter of fact I have

I would still rather use that then WoW chat going forward, simply because if someone with a vendetta decides to report me THERE over some bull (I am also an ADMIN on my own Discord server(s), good luck with that :sunglasses:), I can not only easily use a VPN completely separately from my gaming PC on a TABLET for Discord, but I also have several mods of my own that can outright ban THEM from the server

Current Blizzard has a habit of re wording old rules and calling it “new”.

This reminded me of the late great George Carlin, always a classic

3 Likes

It wasn’t difficult to report anyone before.

The ‘modernization’ is just an attempt to stop (which won’t happen) the behavior they allowed and fostered to go on for years without doing anything.