An Eye on Player Behavior and Reporting Improvements

No doubt. Ive known a few folks over the years that have been reported as a method of vindictive retaliation if nothing else.

1 Like

I remember hearing a story of a horde player soloing the wolf in tol borad or whatever that cata pvp zone was for a mount and a group or so of alliance mass reported him for supposedly being a “greifer”. His toon was frozen in place by a gm and the alliance killed the wolf.

Thats why i know this new system will be abused heavily.

:roll_eyes:

There’s a process. It’s like you forget all about the automatic Squelch system, that’s been in this game, for a long time.

2 Likes

You do realize that one report won’t trigger the auto squelch intended for spammers right? That a GM will review the report before issuing a real penalty?

No one player can get you banned. Blizzard does not permanently close an account easily.

3 Likes

Remember when you could actually contact a GM in game and a real person would actually interact with you?

1 Like

Yes! I had somekind of issue (I forget what it was) in draenor and the GM found out I was going to school and was like, “I found this little guy to help you on your studies!” or something like that.

They gave me the Argi pet for free :smiley: I named it poof poof!

1 Like

no there is not when your reported say by 5 players at one you ARE AUTO BANNED instantly then you get the email and when you try to repeal it the gm decides yay or na.

this was one month ago from belluar and people are going very ban happy now.

No, you don’t. I’ve been Squelched before. Please don’t conflate the word “ban” with “suspension”, which I can clearly see the GM express that, in the ticket. But, as always, YTers conflate the word and say “BAN”, to scare people.

Context matters. It’s clear, that they sell boost runs and gets reported for spam. They’re a repeat offender. Therefore, after the Squelch and Silence, keeps repeating the offense, wouldn’t you know it, they’re SUSPENDED (not banned) but SUSPENDED because they’re a repeat offender and received a suspension from the GM. Go figure.

Selling Boost runs is a hot topic amongst the WoW community, and they clearly don’t like it being spammed, in their chats. Keep committing the crime, you deal with the penalty.

They were not BANNED. They were suspended (AFTER a GM reviewed the ticket). I’m tired of people (not everyone) conflating those words :roll_eyes:

EDIT: The Squelch happened, first, then the GM suspended (NOT banned) the account.

1 Like

The same restriction applies to “white”.

Have you read Discord’s new ToS?

i have watched asmongolds stream the one where he had players just report him guess what auto banned instantly.

Not lately no. But then i also mentioned using other systems too if people dont want to use discord. Its up them :slight_smile:

Wow… thats all i can say

Dollars to donuts the people saying they’re going to turn off chat channels won’t.

2 Likes

The account gets DC’d, so the Squelch can get applied to account. That’s the only automation part. Harsher punishments comes when a GM reviews the ticket. IK which video you’re talking about, and we discussed this already, earlier in the thread.

It wasn’t a BAN. He too was SUSPENDED AFTER his Squelch was reviewed, by a GM who then applied the suspension to his account 'cause he abused the report feature. He was never banned.

IK how the Squelching system works because people were abusing it Vanilla Classic by tricking BG leaders into talking publicly, so they can DC them and get the leadership rights revoked.

They didn’t care about being Squelched, they hated the DC part.

1 Like

so your saying thats good then if you get mass reported by people then get insta banned?

the its left up to the gm to say yay or nay i said all this in my post…lol.

I feel like things are balanced pretty well right now.

• Tanks are all doing +20 keys
  • DPS in raids is within…5% iirc
  • PVP is whacky, but we know what’s causing that and they’ve seemed to course correct for it.

What isn’t balanced right now?

No, that’s not what I’m saying, at all. Again, it’s NOT a ban. You keep calling it a ban, but it’s not. I hate the Squelch system, always have. I just get tired of people like you conflating the disciplinary system and scaring people that they’ll be perma-banned over dumb stuff, when they won’t.

It’s NOT an auto-ban, and yes, the GM decides, but you’re conflating the DC part as being “banned”, when that’s not what’s happening, and you’re spreading false information.

There is no such thing as an auto-ban. There’s an auto-Squelch which DCs you, so the Squelch can be applied. Upon review, GMs can then MANUALLY apply either a Silence or Suspension ('cause they really don’t just ban people, honestly. They’ll give like really long suspensions, but they want you back and steal…I mean…accept your money, still but moving on), to the account.

1 Like

I mean if all you play is meta or bis stuff then sure it can be argued that things feel balanced on the surface but underneath it feels all kinds of wacked.

Provide any details