An Eye on Player Behavior and Reporting Improvements

Realities speech during that awards show was on point.

Incorrect.

That person told me it was somebody I had blocked prior, and they switched alts to harass me and bypass my block feature. Even if it wasn’t harassment, they still found a way to bypass my block feature. Can we at least agree on that?

Yes, they are.

Personally, I don’t think there is a need, but I’ve intimated that well enough.

No, but it seems a good example of the abjectly terrible notion of having vague rules, easily accessible tools to report supposed breakers thereof, and automated systems intended to dole out punishment based thereupon I think.

Have a good day, I suppose.

1 Like

Right, I don’t have total insight into it, but they try hard to warn people, give them light punishment first, etc. Then eventually they get the hammer. Without long term context GMs don’t see the stuff that does not get reported so it takes time to add up.

1 Like

IDK, somebody I talked to about them keeping their names even with the name changes, says nothing has really ever happened to them.

I think the naming policy could have a better system. Like blocking the initial name they were reported fir frim being re-entered, again, by the same person.

Yeah and oh man that was uh… stuff he was saying it didn’t need to build up for 2 months LOL

You are literally typing in the same thread that you blocked the person from. You are acting like everyone only stays logged into one character when on these forums. You are typing from a lvl 35. No way this is your main.

1 Like

So you’re telling me if the reports aren’t acted on, the change means nothing?

1 Like

I’m talking to different people, there are other voices in this thread, are there not?

I switch my characters sometines but never to bypass someone’s ignore feature. I block the same people, on my other characters, too.

So?

It’s my forum main :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

That means they have not been reported again yet. I don’t think Blizz monitors to make sure someone complies. They just trust that the person will take the warning and free name change and do the right thing. If they don’t and get reported again, that is when the penalties start.

You would think so…I agree. I know it gets put on a list and if reported again it does some sort of fast alert/penalty but I don’t think the system currently prevents renaming at the time … I wonder why.

Every time I see people complaining about having to follow the rules they agreed to, it makes me think they want a safe space to talk however they like without consequences. The outcry about having to be a decent human within normal social rules is… very loud and form the people mostly likely to call others “sensitive” or “snowflakes”.

Maybe people should not agree to rules they don’t want to follow?

1 Like

Posting on another character on these forums isn’t against the rules that is why Blizzard allows us to do that. If your blocking got bypassed because of Blizzard’s horrible system that allows an alt to do that then you should just block the other character and move on. I can tell that you always need to find a way to be the center of attention in a conversation though. Total drama queen.

1 Like

Given that they are grandstanding this system, its safe expect the skeleton crew in charge of balancing the PvE and PvP to be reduced even further.

Balance and blizzard don’t belong in the same sentence.

They cant even balance the current classes and now they add a 13th class…

Switching chars to bypass ignore is an issue, it’s even under Ongoing Harassment policies the problem is Blizzard doesn’t seem to enforce it in regards to the forums because of how things are set up.

The problem is that there is no general definition of “normal social rules”. Each person has a varied opinion on what “normal” is.

Why in the world do you think that the folks in charge of game balance have anything to do with game UI or CS? Why would a UI change have anything to do with class designers?

They have different teams you know. It is not a tiny group of 3 people.

1 Like

You have no way of knowing why that person was logged into their alt. The fact that you would try to dox them is against forum rules and having a CC member support it is too. That is why I called it creepy. Stalker level creepy.

1 Like

Maximum efforts to feed the industry of victimism!God Bless Democrats!!

2 Likes

Considering they don’t directly indicate which Devs are responsible for which particular area I just group them all together.

Remember when they used to do Q&A vids where you could ask PvE or PvP related questions. Me neither, its been a long time since I saw one…

IK that, but there is a CoC rule about bypassing your bans and/or suspensions by logging into a different account, which that alt could’ve been on, so that’s against the rules.

And, I didn’t know it was an alt until somebody told me which makes it more creepy. And, they shouldn’t be doing that either. Me blocking them doesn’t stop their behavior, and they can do it to somebody else who doesn’t deserve it.

I don’t but funny how you think so.

There it is! Gotta have the name calling, when you have no argument.

Nothing more needs to be said. Blocking you, too. You’re not being productive.

1 Like