An Eye on Player Behavior and Reporting Improvements

lol I think I remember that. Been so long since I watched it.

1 Like

Who’s making fun?

Speaking of fathers. Fathers day is coming. Be sure to wish your dads a good day everyone

1 Like

Sure.

But for context just for you, here’s the title and some clips!

1 Like

The person I blocked twice, and you finding it “odd”, well, you used the Q word instead but moving on, how I (personally) won’t say it.

Days!!??? Days is hate speech offensive to months. Reported.

Oh noooo
/10char

Oh yeah it does. BUt yeah nothing no one says will ever change it.

I won’t speak on behalf of Sin, but mine was mere observation. Observation is not mockery.

Using the Q word to refer to my stance as “odd” is, even though I clearly explained why.

Then please explain what the filters are there for?

This is a bold face lie. My brother once had a punishment overturned when his language was reported, and it was overturned specifically because he did not avoid the profanity filter. The only reason the filter exists is so people can filter out language they do not wish to see. There is literally no other reason for this to be put in place.

1 Like

Maybe!! :rofl: :rofl:

But no it was a forced name change.

Maury and Jerry, despite it being staged was some funny moments.

“Your spouse has been cheating on you with ____________”

“Midget walks out, crowd cheers”

Ah the memories.

Why would I use a word, that I’ve been conditioned to use as an insult? Why is it “odd” for me to not want to hurl out insults?

Sounds like the plot to me, myself and irene lol

Oh lol I thought it was another account or something but that makes sense too.

Sure Spotlight on: Harassment

Mature Language Filter (aka The Profanity Filter)

• This can be activated within your Interface Options: Main menu (ESC key by default) Click Interface > Social and check - Mature Language Filter.Once enabled, all inappropriate words in our profanity database will be filtered and masked to appear as jumbled characters, such as ‘*##@&’.

Note: The filter does not excuse the language used. :point_left:The filter serves as a temporary shield, to help parents of minors and others who do not wish to see it, to block it. Our policies prohibit the use of both clear and masked inappropriate language.

Very very incorrect. Your brother misunderstood I would guess.

This is the original 2004 Blizzard chat policy. It includes masked language too. The filter does not excuse use.

Original User Manual from 2004 https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/template_resource/LO0VQ46XB1281555957773363.pdf - which has the EULA at the end. It points to the requirements for accepting Terms of Use with the website for it. I selected the first archived Wayback Machine TOU for WoW from 2004. I have copied out the relevant sections for you. Yes, it included hateful names and speech.

https://web.archive.org/web/20041217101250/http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/legal/termsofuse.shtml

1. World of Warcraft Rules of Conduct.

As with all things, World of Warcraft is governed by certain rules of conduct that must be adhered to by all users of World of Warcraft. It is your responsibility to know, understand and abide by these rules of conduct. The following rules are not meant to be “exhaustive,” and Blizzard Entertainment reserves the right to determine what conduct it considers to be outside the spirit of the game and to take such disciplinary measures as it sees fit. Blizzard Entertainment reserves the right to add to or amend this list of rules at any time, and you are responsible for checking these Terms of Use for any newly amended or posted rules each time that you log on.

A. Rules Related to User Names.

Each user will select a user name for his or her character, or allow the World of Warcraft software to select the name for him or her. Additionally, users may form “guilds” and such guilds will be required to choose a name for the guild. When you choose a user name, create a guild, or otherwise create a label that can be seen by other players of World of Warcraft, you must abide by the following guidelines as well as the rules of common decency. If Blizzard Entertainment, in its sole discretion, finds such a label to be offensive, it reserves the right to change the name, remove the label and corresponding chat room, and/or suspend your use of World of Warcraft.

In particular, you may not use:

1. Names of another person with the intent to impersonate that person;

2. Names which incorporate ‘swear’ words or which are otherwise offensive, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;

3. Names subject to the rights of any other person without authorization;

4. Names of popular culture or media personalities;

5. Names that are trademarks, or registered trademarks of Blizzard Entertainment or other companies);

6. Names of religious deities or figures;

7. Names of characters from Blizzard Entertainment’s Warcraft products, including character names from the Warcraft series of novels; or

8. Names related to drugs, narcotics, or criminal activity, including references to drug substances; or

9. Name comprised of partial or complete sentences (e.g., “Inyourface”, “Welovebeef”, etc);

10. Names comprised of pure gibberish (eg, “Asdfasdf”, “Jjxccm”, “Hvlldrm”);

11. Names that refer to pop culture icons or personas (e.g. “Britneyspears”, “Austinpowers”, “Batman”)

12. Names that utilize “Leet” or “Dudespeak” (e.g., “Roflcopter”, “xxnewbxx”, “Roxxoryou”)

13. Name that incorporate titles. The term “Titles” as used herein shall include ‘rank’ titles (e.g. , “CorporalTed,” or “GeneralVlad”) and/or fantasy titles (e.g., “KingMike”, “LordSanchez”)

Additionally, you may not use a misspelling or an alternative spelling to circumvent the name restrictions listed above, nor can you have a “first” and “last” name that, when combined, violate the above name restrictions.

B. Rules Related to “Chat” and Interaction With Other Users.

Communicating with other Users and Blizzard Entertainment representatives is an integral part of World of Warcraft and is referred to in this document as “Chat.” Your Chats may be subject to review, modification, and deletion without notice by Blizzard Entertainment. Additionally, you hereby acknowledge that Blizzard Entertainment is under no obligation to monitor Chat and you engage in Chat at your own risk. When engaging in Chat in World of Warcraft, or otherwise utilizing World of Warcraft, you may not:

• (i) Transmit or post sexually explicit images or other content or language which in the sole discretion of Blizzard Entertainment is deemed to be offensive; nor shall you transmit any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable content or language, nor may you use a misspelling or an alternative spelling to circumvent the content and language restrictions listed above;

• (ii) Carry out any action with a disruptive effect, such as cause the Chat screen to “scroll” faster than other users are able to type to it, including setting up macros with large amounts of text that, when used, can have a disruptive effect on the normal flow of Chat;

• (iii) Disrupt the normal flow of dialogue in Chat or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users, individuals or entities, including, but not limited to, posting “Spam” messages on World of Warcraft (“Spam” messages as used in this document include, but are not limited to, any effort to use a computer or other electronic device to post an unauthorized and/or unsolicited advertisement to World of Warcraft);

• (iv) “Spam” by posting or sending more than one unsolicited message or piece of mail to a single address or in a chat area;

• (v) Communicate or post any user’s personal information in or on the World of Warcraft, or websites or forums related to World of Warcraft;

• (vi) Use bots or other automated techniques to collect information or communicate or post any user’s personal information in or on World of Warcraft, or websites or forums related to World of Warcraft or Blizzard Entertainment

• (vii) Harass, threaten, stalk, embarrass or cause distress, unwanted attention or discomfort to another user of World of Warcraft or other person or entity; or

• (viii) Cheat during game play, including but not limited to modification of the game program files.

• (ix) Participate in any action that, in the opinion of Blizzard Entertainment results in an authorized user of World of Warcraft being "scammed " or ‘defrauded’ out of gold, weapons, armor, or any other items that he/she has earned through authorized game play in World of Warcraft.

No it isn’t. I’ve used plenty of archaisms in my time hereon, and that usage of the word is exactly one such.
Unless you’re trying to prescribe mine intent, in which case I suppose I should just hand you the keys to my unfortunate consciousness since you apparently know it better even than I.

Care to elaborate when this was added. I am damn sure the game was not released with this information. At least not when I started playing on January 6th of 2006.

1 Like