An Eye on Player Behavior and Reporting Improvements

Even if you receive the name change, you can still put in the same name. Hence why the naming policy is a joke.

Doesn’t matter, anyway. The naming policy is a joke.

Well its a good thing i dont take him into groups anymore lol. Ive been sticking to world content now lol.

But yes i usually dont get bothered by names of toons. For a lot i cant blaim the player since coming up with a name on an mmo thats been out for years is a painful process.

You didn’t catch the joke. XD

1 Like

Sorry? :woman_shrugging:

Lol you said what letters to remove and I said “that’s a massive stretch” anyway. lol

1 Like

Will the reporting system actually go through a human being’s review before penalties are divvied out finally? The right click report system has been proven to be completely automated and abused very easily. You can be reported for saying literally anything, so long as your name appears in a format that allows for another player to right click on it.

I did, and I read the linked legal document with the list of every single position laid off from Blizzard. Around 17 GMs were laid off. Not 800. Total in Blizzard was a bit over 200.

Nonsense. I have been very critical for years and yet retained green, and now gold. Why? Because it is ok to be critical of Blizz. Their CS system is not great because it took away the human factor when they started releasing other games and spread too thin.

They do treat employees badly and I have made no secret of my dislike of corporate and my support for the regular staff who get things done.

If you want to sling mud, go read my post history first before making assumptions!

It has always been vague though. People are way too creative to list every single word you can’t say or phrase. Language and culture moves too fast.

2 Likes

Yep. I grew up in a culture where saying the “Q” word is offensive. Now, it’s fine to say. But because I was conditioned to associate the “Q” word as an insult, I just don’t use it. It makes me feel very uncomfortable.

Wait you can say that now? I thought that word you can’t say.

1 Like

Well, it’s kind of like another word, that I’m really not going to get into. Where like…only certain people can say it. But, I don’t think the “Q” word is as offensive as the other one.

Q word? What do they have a word for every letter in the alphabet that you can’t say now. :joy:

2 Likes

Apparently…

2 Likes

I’m just not comfortable saying it. You can if you want, I’m not going to.

I would be more impressed by Blizzard re-developing the help system. Actually getting quicker responses when people need it would be great :).
In regards to a better system for reporting issues I certainly hope proper in depth investigations are done using logs and such. If people file false complaints I also hope those people are dealt with as well. Good luck with your new system.

You really believe that everyone is going to automatically know what you mean by Q word?

You don’t like web tickets which take an average of 3 days to get a canned generic response which resulted in zero help at all?

I can explain it better, if you ask, nicely instead of being antagonistic towards me about it.

They always have.

• Squelch is automated and will mute an account pending GM review. It was put in place many many years ago. It is triggered by many unique accounts reporting something in a short period of time. It was put in place for gold spammers/website spammers long ago. It still exists

• Silences or suspensions have always been real people. It means the reports were actually for something that broke the rules. An email is sent to the registered address when that happens. Those infractions stay on the account and stack.

Yeah, and when you get reported again you get suspended. And it happens really fast. They really don’t like it when they give you a free name change and you decide to ignore the GM’s request to change it.

Nah, I don’t think I want to be educated by someone who replaces a word for every letter in the dictionary. :joy:

Yep, this was just an excuse for you to be rude to me, for no reason.

I’ll go ahead and block you, too.

1 Like