"An End to the Killing" Anduin not there

Gonna type a post here in addition to filing a ticket.

Anduin don’t care about my War Campaign situation. There’s no turn in to this quest. The marker shows Anduin in the throne room. He ain’t there, he’s in the War Room and has no interest in accepting my quest.

I’m not too sure what else to try.

4 Likes

Generally speaking, Anduin is usually missing because you are midway through a quest chain that may relocate or remove him as part of the story.

In your case you are part way through the “On Whispered Winds” chain, and you need to continue that chain until you complete the quest “Shores of Fate”. It looks like you completed “Waning Hope” but never picked up the follow up “Shores of Fate”. You’ll want to speak with Maiev Shadowsong to pick that one up.

Once complete, Anduin should be phased back in for you.

10 Likes

I will give that a shot. Thank you!

EDIT: Sorry for double posting. Merely accepting the quest encouraged Anduin to go back to his throne.

Thank you Vrakthris, again, for your assistance.

6 Likes

I have the same problem still, I want to hand in “an end to killing” but hes no where in the throne room or the alliance embassy. I quit all quests other than this one so hes no where else. Anything that can help?

2 Likes

It’s possible one of the quests you abandoned was in the middle of a quest chain that relocates him until it’s finished. You’ll want to find out which one and continue it to the end-- an SFA may chime in shortly with the specific quest/s in question, but until then that’s your only recourse.

2 Likes

Yes, complete Shores of Fate, that is currently in your quest log.

2 Likes

Figured it out, thanks

1 Like

I’d recommend completing the On Whispered Winds quest line which includes the Shores of Fate quest you abandoned, Moldrock. That causes some phasing in the area and can interfere with additional quests involving Stormwind. You don’t have to complete the entire thing, but I would complete Shores of Fate.

1 Like

Is there any way you can find out what quest is keeping Anduin missing for me? I have completed a few quests hoping he would return but he’s still not there.

Much like the other folks in this thread, you appear to have started the On Whispering Winds quest line but didn’t complete it. You’ll want to speak with Maiev Shadowsong and pick up “Waning Hope”.

Once you complete that quest line the area should return to normal and allow you to turn in that quest to Anduin.

4 Likes

Just ran into this issue. If you have not accepted the “Shores of Fate” quest line found in the war room to the right, then he will not re-appear back on the throne. Simply accept the quest (No you do not need to complete the quest line) and then you can go back to the his seat, and turn in the quest “An End to the Killing.”

3 Likes

I had this same issue and was resolved by accepting the “Shores of Fate” quest

2 Likes

I’ve run into the same issue myself. I just completed the Darkshores heroic raid. Not sure what else I need to do from here. Anduin is at his throne, but won’t accept completion to “An End to the Killing”.

There are several quest chains that tend to phase various areas, especially the throne room. From what I can see you may have started the into Legion quest line but did not complete it.

Can you check for a quest from Jace Darkweaver called " Demons Among Us"? That quest and the next, Illidari Allies, should hopefully clear up the phase.

1 Like

If you are on this part of the main story and have not picked up the Shores of Fate quest from Maiv Shadowsong in the room next to Anduin, just pick up that quest, you dont have to actually do it, he will magically appear right away.

Quick edit from pre-patch SL; Had the same issue and actually had to abandon quest involving Maiv Shadowsong in order for Anduin to show back up. Hope it helps.

1 Like

I am currently having this issue and I have no idea what quest I had or abandoned that is causing this. I have completed the On Whispered Winds quest all the way to winning the warfront.

Looks like you are on the “Found Memento” questline that might be the issue. Try picking up A Walk to Remember finish that up until The King’s Path.

2 Likes

Ok i will try that thank you.

2 Likes

OK that fixed it got my quest turned in everything is allll good again in the World of Warcraft.
Thank you.

1 Like