An Apology

Meanwhile, 5 minutes into getting back around on my Alliance main and I am already remembering precisely why I need to mute Alliance trade chat to remain present for more than 10 minutes e.e

Don’t you have a prepatch to enjoy instead of being racist

4 Likes

Yeah haha, jokes have no meaning, they for sure are never used to portray someone’s actual beliefs or how they view other groups of people haha no sir

5 Likes

I love George Carlin, but I also love Eddie Izzard… I love Gabriel Iglesias, Lewis Black, Stephen Colbert, John Stewart, John Oliver, and occasionally Jeff Dunham. What does this say about my taste in Stand Up/Comedy?

3 Likes

I respected your taste until you said Jeff Dunham.

Dude was never funny even before all of this.

1 Like

That’s cool. Comedy is very subjective, and I can appreciate different tastes. Did you not like something he said, or just never found him funny? I’m just curious.

Isn’t that the point?

A lot of comedians poke fun at stuff you’re normally not allowed to poke fun of in a public setting. You see this all the time with Bill Burr, Dave Chapelle, etc

Doesn’t mean there is malice behind their words.

1 Like

Why do people keep bumping this thread? Let it die.

he says, bumpingly

1 Like

Just terribly unfunny to me.

Something about relying on puppets to do stupid gags that really felt forced did nothing for me.

Gotcha. I was just wonderin’.

Yeah I never found him all that funny myself. It’s sorta my parent’s boomer teir stuff for me. They love him and like Jeff Foxworthy and I kinda just see that as retiree humor. I like the other guys on the list though. My favorites are Jim Norton, the late Patrice O’Neal, Dave Chappell and Jim Gaffigan

1 Like

Racist Panda aside. We ain’t got jack to customize. I got 3 new hairs, only one is good, and two blueberry fur tones. It’s a sad day for Pandaren.

2 Likes

I used to like Mitch Hedburg, I still do, but I used to, too.

9 Likes

Saying the “N” word or a transphobic slur with zero setup and no real punchline to speak of isn’t even a joke.

7 Likes

You can be funny without being offensive. If you can’t, you’re not funny. Get another job where you don’t have to be a transphobe or racist.

2 Likes

There is 100% malice behind the words, without a doubt.

1 Like

You can also be edgy without being overtly offensive to -only- marginalized groups.

To what degree? As I’ve said, Dave Chapelle did a sketch in his last netflix comedy bit where he poked fun at the LGBT movement seen here:

(Sorry for poor quality. Best I could fine.)

Are we to assume he is a transphobe? That would be hard to prove given that he has a history of supporting the LGBT movement. And is a registered democrat.

You also say ‘can’t be funny without being offensive’, but you’d have a hard time peddling the narrative that he isn’t funny when all of his content gets insane like ratios (99% likes) and nothing but positive comments on his videos.

You’re right. I’m fine with offensiveness but only if it’s offensive to oppressors.

2 Likes