An Apology

I wanted to like the Stormcloaks but they just come off as lame. The Imperials have a cool wolf flag and better city so I always go that route.

I love that Windhelm is so old. You FEEL its age. But like surely they could fix some of it.

I love the Solitude flag too. But in terms of cities, I’m a sucker for Whiterun.

Honestly if we could play a quest where we attend and influence the Moot, and elect a new High King? I’d vote for Balgruuf.

Elisif means well but she’s not ready to rule.

1 Like

The last and only Elder Scrolls game that I played was Daggerfall so I have no idea what any of you are talking about, we should change the topic to something that’s more my speed, like Betrayal at Krondor.

The opening of Skyrim is wild, actually. They give you a choice between a freedom fighter who’s been nothing but nice to you and was sentenced to death alongside you, or the imperial soldier who said “dang sorry can’t not execute you even though you’re obviously innocent rip bro i’ll send your bones home lol” and then you’re supposed to choose between one and the other, like. What’s the actual option.

Part of me thinks Bethesda does this on purpose (ie cloaking a seriously problematic organization under a veneer of cool shinies) because they did something really similar with the Brotherhood of Steel in Fallout 4. I just don’t know if it was on purpose or rushed writing for the intro, because it sort of pushes you Stormcloak-way unless you’ve got meta context.

Anyway Imperials have a neat aesthetic, but I like the blues and browns of stormcloak gear so I’m a bit torn in that regard.

I read the book if that counts? Gorath is cool. Love Raymond E Feist books.

1 Like

Sure, though you missed all the square based “tactical” combat that was awesome at the time!

EDIT: I liked Jimmy the Hand better though, super suave.

1 Like

Definitely but Skyrim could do worse than having a passionate and well meaning leader who has to be brought down to Nirn by her advisors by wanting to do too much for the people. That’s basically never happened before in their entire history.

1 Like

That said, part of me thinks that re-establishing Imperial control over Skyrim is just kicking the ball further down the road, so to speak. There are even tensions between Elisif and Tullius, and the whole Imperial garrison five feet away from the Blue Palace is… iffy. The Empire strikes me as something waiting to collapse after losing its hold on several lands and getting kicked around by the Thalmor.

Granted, obviously the Stormcloaks winning would come with its own problems. Like, a lot of them. I guess I just hope that whatever faction forms in their wake is less racist.

It’s like going to the Zoo as a kid and wondering what Its like to be an animal, only to walk away from the situation being more thankful than before for your humanity and sophistication.

Imagine being so insecure that you have to beg strangers on the internet for an apology just for associating with someone else like this guy:

Also imagine being such a tightly wound narcissistic prick that you feel the need to shoot down said unneccessary apology based on really flimsy evidence like this guy:

Though people like this guy are few and far between. As for the OP, If you didn’t do the crime, don’t apologize.

1 Like

stormreaver troll doesn’t understand how apologies work

Do something wrong = apologize

Learned it when I was two.

1 Like

There’s an entire imgur album of evidence involving a truck load of people you idiot.

Not my fault you can’t spend five minutes to look for a link.

Apparently you didn’t, because the OP admitted that they “did the crime”, HENCE THE APOLOGY.

hey, welcome to the wra realm forums, please tell me all about your RP character

3 Likes

Yeah, a truckload of “other people”. You shouldn’t have to apologize just for associating with someone else. Guilt isn’t contagious, you don’t need to observe social distancing.

No more posting about Elder Scrolls unless you’re Blood Gang.

3 Likes

No.

There is an actual photo of them posting the racist meme.

Which they admitted it was them. So they made a public apology thread which they didn’t even want to make because their ex-guild guilt tripped them into it by leveraging their officer position.

If you’re going to walk into a thread thinking you’ve got a wise accusation, at least read the damn thing.

1 Like

In b4 “I don’t have time to read it, I have a life.

4 Likes

Weird, it’s almost like you jumped into the thread with zero context.

1 Like

That was amazing but can I interest you in a revenge flick featuring cyberpunk furries?

1 Like