Amirdrassil: The Final Form

Oh god. Oh god, that wasn’t you. I am so effing sorry. I’m so sincerely sorry. That was Valeclaw. Not you. Goddammit. Why do I even post on these forums anymore?

3 Likes

I think they were more like upset from being kept from family and friends.

1 Like

Not going to happen.

Hey now, none of that!! We all make mistakes. Breathe, sip some water, it’s all good.

:smiley:

4 Likes

Because you love the game? Or at least the Lore?

Just breathe, it’ll be ok.

You apologized, that’s the important thing, you acknowledged the mistake… now breathe.

1 Like

Why does anyone do anything?

So what, if it’s a copy? In Vanilla, almost everything was a copy of something to cut costs. Even if they share same model they looks completely different. So I don’t know what this argument was supposed to mean.

Darnassus and the temple only existed after WC3 (idk, It was 20 years ago in lore?). Thousands of years passed since the end of Empire and modern Night Elves still decided to build it in this style anyway, showing us this is big part of their culture to this days. There are many ruins, but there’s only one fully functional temple of Elune ( until BFA), which shows us what they looked like in their full glory.

There won’t be better place to build a new temple of the Moon than the tree created by Elune

6 Likes

Like I said… the Temple is already there… it’s al tree filled and hallowed by Night Elven souls. You can’t sanctify it more with a building.

1 Like

Lol I’m leaning toward this, but last time I said it that bluntly someone flipped out on me.

As long as people admit their mistakes and grow, then there’s absolutely no reason to be ashamed of making a mistake. We’re human…irl anyway.

2 Likes

There’s also plenty of trees and Wisps in Hyjal and Val’sharah, but you won’t call these places the temples of Elune. These are sacred for Druids, the aesthetics of the moon cult are missing here, sadly in Bel’ameth too.

What’s annoying except dream, you find there more of the Ardenweald stuff there (dark blue star branches, blue cracks inside bark, a literal HUGE pond with a big winter queen symbol in the center of the zone), than moon aesthetic. We see zero Elune influencence. It looks like Ardenwelad and Emerald dream completly replaced the rest aspects of NE culture.

A new player who isn’t familiar with the lore and enters Bel’ameth for the first time won’t associate this place with Elune at all, it will be another nature zone for him.

2 Likes

They aren’t filled with martyred night elf souls are they?

I’m not calling them temples of Elune… they’re temples to something far more holy.

Martyred? No. Still, many Wisps must have gathered there over thousands of years.
In Bel’ameth we’ve collected the souls of the dead from the Fourth War, but this doesn’t make them any more important than their counterparts in other zones.

1 Like

The thing is that even if Druidsm is a key aspect of kaldorei society, it doesn’t represent it as a whole. The problem with this is that we’ve seen how little by little Blizzard started to center Night Elves around it at the expense of other important aspects like for example Elune.
Adding to that, even Elune is being shifted from the Arcane/Divine Moon Goddess into a Life/Nature one which pushes Night Elves into more Druidic stuff.
Like, look at one of the Traiding Post rewards, Blades of Elune. I thought that a sword named after Elune would resemble a Moon but it turned out to be a plant themed blade.

So with all that’s been said I hope Blizzard takes notice of this trend and remembers that while Nature is indeed an important aspect for Night Elves, we can’t forget their Elunite side as nocturnal beings favored by the Moon. Without it they would become generic Wood Elves.

4 Likes

When I first saw them, I thought of them as subverted Drow.

3 Likes

IIRC that was actually the intention.

3 Likes

The Kaldorei rejected the urban society of the Highborne which is why every other Night Elf town looked a lot more rustic. the architecture of Darnassus wass probably more Fandral than Tyrande.

that… actually makes a lot of sense

4 Likes

The stone structures still have place in modern kaldorei society.

The watchtowers do have some stonework in them to be fair. But I think some statues and buildings would not hurt.

But at the same time, bel’ameth in lore is quite new, so the stone stuff would take longer to make, unlike all the other structure that iIRC was said to be made rather fast with the help of druida and ancients.

5 Likes

There was still a place in Darnassus for the temple of Elune in the style of old empire, which was in fact the center and heart of the entire capital

Fandral was born a thousand years after sundering and excile of the highborne, so I don’t think he had much knowledge of what their architecture looked like. I honestly can’t imagine Staghelm druids building temple for Elune instead for some wild god. Until Legion, they weren’t interested in teachings of the moon as much as the priestesses of Elune.

For me, the logical explanation is that Tyrande and her sisters built the temple and huge part of the city. They had the best knowledge of what the old buildings looked like and better motivation to make it. Fandral was more interested in regaining immortality than building a city.

1 Like