Amirdrassil: The Final Form

I dunno. We see plenty of ruins scattered around the world that have the same building style as seen in Darnassus, including two seperate buildings matching the Temple of Elune. The only structure truly unique to Darnassus is the large… I don’t know what to even call it, but the big ol’ place with the blacksmithing trainer and battlemasters that serves as the gates into the city proper?

Other than that, we see plenty of old, ruined stonework. But we also see some newer examples, such as the new Feathermoon Stronghold, towers everywhere such as Maestra’s Post and Stardust Spire, and stonework integrated into more wood-dominant buildings practically everywhere.

2 Likes

I think Drahliana’s point was that the elaborate stonework and columns were based off the Kaldorei empire, rather than post-Sundering architecture. Which i partially agree on.
And Fandral, if he designed Darnassus, was somewhat emulating the old empire. I don’t fully agree with this, because the main stone
structures are the Temple and the temple gardens. Which i guess Tyrande had a say in.
But the ruins look similar, because they’re ruins of the old empire.

1 Like

I think the stone architecture has been a part of post sundering kaldorei culture as well.

The priesthood really wasn’t all that nature themed. The glaivethrowers and sentinel armor shows intricate and delicate metal work, at the same time, structures like the Vault of the Wardens had to be post sundering as well.

I am one of those that like more those areas than the nature and druidic areas of night elf culture.

But at the same time I’m not upset at the lack of a temple because you really need a place for your religion when you live below the boughs of a tree that was made of a tear of your deity? Feels weird.

But build some warden towers please.

1 Like

Only if they become world pvp WQ areas :stuck_out_tongue:

I would love it, if they used the islands around Amidrassil for this, they’re already depressingly empty and pointless. It would be disappointing if they only used them as an early little hint of where the new tree would be.

1 Like

As the title says, what we see is pretty much all we’re going to get.

Nonsense.

We haven’t seen Malfurion’s garden yet.

1 Like

It’s the one witht he big "“Keep Out! Making Babies If the World is Ending… bother Khadgar” sign.

2 Likes

It’s pure stupidity to think it’ll be an Alliance capital when it never will be. Not until it moves to Kalimdor.

… Why does Stormwind, Ironforge, Gilneas, and Gnomeregan need to move to Kalimdor?

3 Likes

Obviously because they cannot be Alliance capitals otherwise. Everyone, like literally everyone, knows if you’re not on Kalimdor, you’re not an Alliance capital.

4 Likes

Kalimdor, the birthplace of the Alliance

5 Likes

There are not going to be any more player capitals. In fact, they’ve pretty much been brought down to two. Stormwind and Orgrimmar.

If you think about it, Stormwind and Ironforge are in Kalimdor… or at least what used to be Kalimdor 10 thousand years prior.

5 Likes

Not even the Night Elves consider the other landmasses to be Kalimdor any longer.

1 Like

I wasn’t being serious.

4 Likes

You forgot about the Exodar, which is already part of Kalimdor. This is a matter of evening the scales.

I’m sorry I don’t recall this conversation from a month ago enough to care.

5 Likes

The Moonwells don’t seem to cleanse fel cloth either.