Amirdrassil: The Final Form

Next you’re gonna ask me for a source that druids had to be distant from NE civilization because they were upholding their end of the blessings on nordrassil, necessitating a limited influence on Kalimdor as actual individuals, let alone regarding the Emerald Dream which they generally just observed and protected…

A retcon decision that contradicted another part of the NE identity about the dualism between the earth and heavens, the aspect of their culture that is Elune and nature, and something they themselves ultimately, very explicitly, don’t know all that much about outside of the Druids because your average non-Druid NE knew about the Dream only by the pact that kept the druids at bay.

In-game books and wc3’s manual are decently blunt about it. You can also see it in other stuff about their regret from their distance, and it’s shown pretty clearly in all depictions of the war of the ancients that their time in the Dream was because of Ysera’s blessing calling them, and also in stuff like Malfurion’s books.

2 Likes

???

Not really.

I mean a specific source I can look up, it would be appreciated.

Those were done for fun as Fandral wasn’t part of the PVP acheivement. I suspect many of those were Alliance players who had dealt with the man.

2 Likes

Warcraft 3’s manual, the in-game books from classic, Stormrage, War of the Ancients novels.

Literally just look at book literally called “The World Tree and the Emerald Dream” i’m fairly certain it’s towards the end.

1 Like

You’re not wrong.

1 Like

Much appreciated, in regards to The World Tree and the Emerald Dream, the end part has this to say,

The night elf druids, including Malfurion himself, were bound to the Dream through the World Tree. As part of the mystical pact, the druids agreed to sleep for centuries at a time so that their spirits could roam the infinite paths of Ysera’s Dreamways. Though the druids were grieved at the prospect of losing so many years of their lives to hibernation, they selflessly agreed to uphold their bargain with Ysera.

So they were upset at being kept apart from civilization-aahhhhh i see the confusion I caused, my bad. I misread your earlier comments as Druids didn’t want to be at Darnassus/Bel’ameth but only were there cause of Ysera.

2 Likes

waves Hey! I’m right here! A way that druidism can exist outside Night Elf focus!

This is not WC3, and thank the gods for that.

The Sisterhood of Elune’s cultural center is in the Broken Shore and Val’sharah…

Someone should fix the Broken Shore to get the Temple of Elune back into working order…

As for the Priesthood’s Headquarters after the Sundering: That was Ashenvale.

I’m sure we will visit that during the Northern Kalimdor Revamp when it appears making Northern Kalimdor bigger and more Magical looking(just as they are doing to Quel’Thalas) as they get rid of all the volcanos.

Whats wrong with WC3? I actually downloaded the original versions recently and I’ve been loving them. It’s also weirdly good at teaching you how to play an RTS, which I have little experience with outside of Dawn of War 2. I’m also enjoying the story a lot more than modern WoW, but that’s just me.

Yet another example of how the game just forgets about expansion zones and rarely updates them.

1 Like

People keep quoting it and expecting us to worship it.

This is WoW, not WC3.

So you don’t like a video game because people bring it up a lot? Or you just don’t like how much people on the forums worship it, and don’t like or dislike the game itself? Those are different things.

See above.

Not sure why you’re being so curt. You’re explaining the game we’re playing, and saying WC3 is off-topic. You’re not in any way explaining why you personally dislike the game itself, or if you’ve ever played it.

You started this by thanking god we’re not playing WC3, so I assumed you had an opinion on the actual game.

But I can tell this is annoying you so I’ll just drop it and get back on topic.

2 Likes

Look, I’m sorry, I really am, but this is WoW and not WC3. I’m not sure why you’re bringing WC3 up.

I wasn’t the one who brought up WC3. You literally thanked God we weren’t playing it so I got curious about why you disliked the game. I’m so sorry.

See above.

1 Like

long drawn out sigh

You brought up the WC3 manual multiple times in reference to some hand wavey lore stuff. I don’t like RTS games, ergo I’m glad we’re playing WoW and not WC3.

But sure. I’m really not trying to be a jerk, but now that I look at it, maybe I am being one. I’m genuinely sorry, I really am, but I stand by my point.

1 Like

Can we at least be Zili-friends?

1 Like

So much top town those things are(at least Total War Warhammer 3 allows you to change perspective from what the YouTube Videos show though alas the YouTube Streamers don’t seem inclined to show me the full extend of the Realms of Chaos…)…

Also… So complicated to select groups and order them to move from place to place to fight enemies who are better at tactics than you… Ugh!

There is a reason I activate the invincibility code every chance I get!

The only novelty I get from WC3 is having the Ancients eat every tree on the map! A direct insult to the Night Elven Lore true yet the sight of walking trees eating every tree in sight is just so funny!

So anyway as I was saying: this is the exact pattern I’ve been noticing in this game since I was a kid. I wish expansion zones stayed relevant, evolved, and remained part of the world. Hopefully they start a new trend with Amirdrassil, but I don’t have much hope.

1 Like

Show me where I did that.

3 Likes