Amirdrassil: The Final Form

Looks great, especially nice to see the portals and visitors confirming the Night Elves are keeping their old lands too unlike what some people have been saying.

The stone buildings didn’t make much sense there. They were like ruins from the height of the Night Elf empire but Darnassus was a new location. It might look cool but it doesn’t really fit.

I’d prefer it have a day/night cycle so we can see it both ways. I suspect Night will look better; fitting for the Night Elves, but having the time never change would just look weird. (I don’t like the reverse version of it always being day in/near Silvermoon.

I found a new portal from Stormwind to Bel’ameth. It’s in the upper part of the portal room.

Sorry I cannot post pics.

https ://i.imgur.com/nSnNvWC.jpg

6 Likes

6 Likes

I wonder if keeping a portal up is a good paying job…

2 Likes

It is supposed to be an exhausting thing to do for long. Reality is not a fan of having holes torn in it and tries to restore itself, so it is an ongoing tug of war the mage will loose eventually. I imagine it would be lucrative for those with the magical stamina to do it for long.

I like to imagine instead of keeping them open 24/7 the portal keepers more are stationed and open a portal after you provide them with a ticket and any required credentials to go where you are heading.

6 Likes

In all the screenshots I have seen everyone except for one group.
Where are the priestesses? Where is the temple of the moon?

And the portals being spread out in random gazebos and… houses… they should all be in one central location…

I have had time to re-evaluate my initial take of this new capital city but this place needs at the very least two new unique assets. A temple and a proper portal area… maybe the temple could be the portal area… idk but without a white marble temple this place is missing something.

Maybe in a future update? Thought I doubt they would ever update this place again.

Edit: Actually… I don’t see any moon wells either… where are they?

The entire central area is a giant Moonwell. there are also a number of them at the terrace of the moon where Tyrande is.

Ask and ye shall receive.

6 Likes

And… there are no NPCs that appear as “hold on we are building something here”?
Also that is the saddest moonwell I have ever seen… They have better models… why use that?

Does it bother anyone else that blizzard created this absolute masterpiece of moon priestess…and it’s leather armor. It makes me want a priestess of the moon hero class so badly.

5 Likes

That would be correct, there are none. In fact they do not even seem to be properly set to respond to people, the zone is actually neutral even for a night elf right now. a number of buildings glitch out if you look around inside them

It is a bit jank, which is likely why they put in the warning they did on the build notes.

1 Like

Jankie but not incomplete. Yeah I guess this is it, this is as good as it gets. I should not be surprised

It is a possibility yes. I am hoping they might use some stone buildings, but I have a quiet fear they might consider the pseudo-roman stone architecture to be Nightborne themes now and Night Elves have Japanese themed wood structures only.

1 Like

This is what I was thinking as well.
I was pinning hope that some Night Elves are hammering at something that is supposed to popup soon. Maybe the eventual Paladin for everybody update… even the Shendelar are not exactly tree dwellers.

I wish the raid occured within Amirdrassil itself that way the money that went into the raid design could have went into making a proper city rather than… this.
Blizzard is on the apology tour and this is the best they could do with their worst mistake… lets see what the Forsaken players get eventually… Blood Elves are going to get the Silvermoon of their dreams thats for certain but Forsaken is the wild card as always.

welp, it used to be 1 step forwards and 2 steps back with Night Elves, now its 2 steps forwards and 1 step backwards. At least we are in the black :dracthyr_shrug:

For the shoulders and gloves, the legs of the outfit is the warden recolor, which I believe everyone who filled the Trading Post bar for a year will get, or at least the original green version.

Don’t know about the boots and chest.

3 Likes

The zone seems to be heavy on the Korean/wood-elf aesthetic more than the stone highborne aesthetic.

One thing I did notice is that there are some houses up in the roots of the tree, so it appears that they will be living inside the actual tree as well

4 Likes

Chill.

Y’all are ascribing too much import to this.

I think this looks like a pretty quest hub, not remotely a faction city or capital. Pales in comparison to Dazar’Alor, Suramar, Thundertotem etc, even Darnassus or Silvermoon.

I also don’t care enough and am hardly “miserable”. :roll_eyes:

I agree. When I first heard Amirdrassil would be replicated (? reborn?) in the corporeal world, I expected it to be in Kalimdor, maybe even where the husk of Teldrassil is.

Very weird for it to have to be in the Dragon Isles.

2 Likes

Its in Dragon Isles because its a Dragon Isles expansion so obviously it had to go there.
If there ever is a Kalimdor revamp NEs are going to be all over so its not an issue either.

The issue is this city, this collection of villages of Legion assets that got flipped for a new capital city that is being offered because since the Horde couldn’t be pubished and Sylvanas got a pass.

I would have preffered an empty island with NEs arriving to “make” something rather than whatever this is.
They could have at least made a couple unique assets before this whole area gets abandonned forever.
The environmental artists are always killing it… compare this to the other stuff they regularily put out.
This was all made with a shoe string budget

That is literally what we got.

aka I don’t like this so therefore there was no budget or skill or care or time involved.

Not to speak for Smallz, but I believe I’ve seen him say repeatedly that Amirdrassil is a good thing. I certainly haven’t seen more than minor nitpicks from him, or the majority of people posting.