[AMD] Missing character textures after 9.0

AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-core CPU
nVidia GeoForce GTX 1050 Ti
Win7 64bit (yeah I know, not even officially supported any more)
8Gb RAM
All newest vid drivers…

i literally got a new Geforce GTX 1660 card before this happened, hoping to avoid an issue like this. I’ve got two video cards in this rig, with the GTX 1660 being the better of the two cards, but slotted into the secondary slot (Not that it should matter) but i find it infuriating that this happened at all, and am basically fuming over here. The game runs fine other than this one thing, and like a fool i was looking forward to messing around with the new character creation tools, silly me.

I think I personally might be able to fix this, by moving my cards around. If i move the better card into slot 1 instead of it being in slot 2, then i think it might fix? But the game is running at max settings with no framerate issues otherwise. I just feel like this is oversight, and it needs to be addressed by Blizzard.

1 Like

if I am reading this correctly, the topic I mean, it’s more of a ‘‘stuff being rendered by the CPU’’ rather than a ‘‘bad GPU’’ issue, so I’d assume moving GPUs around wouldn’t really do much for the issue? Or maybe it will, idk.

same problem,no eyes,arms, legs or hair, i have phenom II , i was waiting for shadowlands and seems like i’ll have to wait more ,hope doesnt come to ask for a refund, would need that money for the upgrade lol

Same issue here also, came back to wow to play with friends as we missed playing wow but guess my old computer can’t run shadowlands but can run shadowbringers pretty good >.>

Well, the game finally finished all its patching or whatever it was doing after I reinstalled WoW, so…yeah, definitely rules out reinstall as a possible fix.

Edits: for grammar because apparently I can’t grammar properly tonight.

1 Like

Yeah if the Dev teams ignored the bug reports from the PTR & beta-testers about this issue, I doubt they are gonna fall all over themselves getting to it now…

2 Likes

Thanks for trying anyway.

1 Like

Don’t be absurd. There are undoubtedly thousands of people running older and weaker CPUs than this. Guess what? None of them are in this thread - it’s only people with a Phenom II. That’s an absurdly specific parameter for a problem that isn’t even supposed to be handled by the CPU. I have no doubt it’s being caused by something stupid that can easily be fixed. As for whoever was talking about their CPU running hot, that’s also not a performance issue. You most likely just need to replace your thermal paste (which will only cost you a few bucks on amazon) and dust off your heat sink a bit.

What’s your processor? It seems to be an issue with older AMD’s

there were folks in here with Athlons, too. Athlons are older than Phenoms. :wink:

1 Like

It seems to be a AMD CPU issue. Not seen one complaint from any Intel-based CPU users…

At least not on this video issue anyhow, :slight_smile:

Bragonsdane laid out a summary of a primary difference between AMD and Intel models earlier, so I’m guessing it’s a weird problem resulting from the AVX stuff.

“The Athlon II series is based on the [AMD K10] architecture and derived from the Phenom II series.” Come again?

Pretty sure they were aware of this and are just measuring the cost of a hotfix that may not be small vs the amount of people they’d lose over it.

It’s starting to look like a fix would be a lesser evil for them, $$ speaking.

1 Like

Only Athlon I see mentioned was a strait Athlon x4, no Athlon IIs (I could be wrong & missed the reply msg)

I said Athlon

not Athlon II

:slight_smile:

1 Like

I am almost 100% confident mine is an Athlon II (sad noises) . But I’d need to double check tomorrow while I am at my PC.

Nevertheless, I too, have this issue.

They are speaking of the Athlon II which is around 2010

Well sadly Athlon II would have the same issue since it did not support AVX out the door.

1 Like