[AMD] Missing character textures after 9.0

It almost seems like there is an instruction set or something that isn’t supported on the lower end AMD cpu’s from that era. That’s the only major difference (aside from obvious performance differences) between those older CPU’s and the fx line that I can think of.

If that was the case the fx6000 series cpu’s shouldn’t have the issue but they are also below minimum spec.

1 Like

The FX 8350 covers the minimum requirements for that part, I believe. So far it seems to be the older processors having the issue, potentially, but it’s still an odd(and very aggravating) issue to have.

1 Like

I am having this issue.
Everything else is running just fine, heck I did Exiles Reach already and everything was smooth as butter.

That being said, all skin/eye textures were just awful. Truly terrible. I cannot overstate how bad.

Blizzard, guys, you gotta step up your game.

4 Likes

Same problem here. I don’t have money to buy another PC. Fix this problem please.

7 Likes

I do believe it to be an older AMD specific issue though, as an old intel system I have (also below minimum spec on CPU) doesn’t have the issue either.

2 Likes

Having the same issue all black except the face and no eyes
AMD A8-3870 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 3.00 GHz
GTX 960
16 GB of Ram
64 Bit OS

1 Like

Definitely sounds like we can rule out the age factor and chalk it up to certain AMD models then.

1 Like

Same problem. AMD Phenom II X4 945, GeFoce 1050ti card.

I get +80 frames in game so there’s simply no way it’s because the card is “dated.” Clearly a problem with some kind of support on Blizz’s end.

1 Like

Blizz out here stating we don’t meet min requirements. Meanwhile running mid-high settings and 49 fps and having no issues otherwise. Seems to me I do meet minimum requirements to play, Blizz is just being ageist against my cpu.

5 Likes

The card isn’t what’s below spec, the cpu is. While its true that the cpu has enough “horsepower” to run the game it’s not that simple. There appears to be a breakdown in communication somewhere between the cpu and the game.

All of the affected AMD cpu’s are low end with limited features. If Blizz utilized some of those features in the new code for character creation it could cause an issue like this. I don’t know if they’ll even fix it as everyone affected appears to have a cpu that is below minimum specifications, meaning Blizz isn’t required to support it.

3 Likes

All right, I booted the game after reinstall–still have the same missing textures: eyes, body, and hair. The launcher still seems to be downloading patches in the background so time will tell if the issue resolves, but so far a reinstall doesn’t seem to be the solution.

1 Like

Same here. AMD Phenom II X4 965 with ATI AMD Radeon HD5800 Series card

1 Like

Same issue, black hair and skin on all characters. Using Radeon RX 460.

1 Like

Thanks for checking, Mor. It’ll help narrow down stuff for everyone in here.

And yes, that does seem to be the case, Nhim. And it is below minimum specs, but Blizzard might also lose a lot of players if they don’t fix this up, so I can still see it being something of concern for them. I do think it might be more of a bug than an advanced graphics problem, since other, more graphically challenged games run fine with this processor.

1 Like

But what cpu are you using?

1 Like

I agree 100% Blizz would be remiss not to fix this. I’m just not confident they will. Advanced graphics isn’t what I’m referring to with the cpu instruction sets and features.
But either way its 100% possible for them to fix this, but for all we know it could mean some pretty major code changes.

2 Likes

Oh yea… AMD Athlon II X3 440 processor

1 Like

I understand that Blizzard isn’t required to support it if it doesn’t meet specifications, but if the game is playing fine on older hardware it doesn’t seem unreasonable to to add a fix for textures(and I’m not accusing you of saying it’s unreasonable either). I will say though, albeit politely, that if the official solution ends up being buying $500 or more of new parts(by my rough estimate, to meet the current listed minimums)…canceling my sub and asking for a refund is going to look pretty darn good.

7 Likes

Trying my best to at least make a few chuckle. :slightly_smiling_face:

I have 0 tech skills myself. Not much else I can do to help troubleshoot this along.

4 Likes

You just being here and helping draw attention to the issue is more than enough. Thank you. :slight_smile:

4 Likes