[AMD] Missing character textures after 9.0

noticed on blood elfs neck and upper arm bands also show as black

1 Like

In the interest of staying calm and positive, I’m partial to the suggested theory that it’s a problem with code execution. My basic understanding is that while the CPU handles most code execution, graphical things(like loading textures) are handled by the GPU. So my common sense tells me that the problem should lie in that realm.

I forget if I listed my GPU specs here or in one of the other threads, but I recently upgraded to a Radeon RX 570, which does fit the minimum recommended specs for that particular piece of hardware. And as I mentioned elsewhere as well–absolutely no issues running other modern titles despite older hardware.

6 Likes

Same issue, black hair and showing only eye sockets, I also have an AMD processor and an NVIDIA graphics card. Still no fix.

1 Like

Yep same here. AMD phenom ll x4 840 cpu, nvida 750TI video card. Blacked out hair, bones, eyes, etc here as well and pretty much being told spend money or stop playing wow… Not happy right now.

5 Likes

Look on the bright side, at least I can look at how awesome my new appearance is on the armory

/s

I am in the process of building a new PC, but I can only afford a part or two every two weeks and I’m still a month or so off. I know not everyone has the luxury of building a new PC, especially for a 15 year old game that is far less impressive graphically than some other games (FFXIV, ESO, BDO etc.) that can run with similar hardware

3 Likes

Plus I imagine the pandemic has cut into available funds for several people. With all the other issues that are being reported for characters right now though, I’m really hoping it’s just a line of code that got broken and will get a hotfix soon.

Edit: In the interests of trying to stay positive, here’s a joke I thought of the other day. How do you tell if a dragon is friendly? By their warm heart!

5 Likes

One can hope for a hotfix.

6 Likes

Chiming in here as well, AMD Phenom II X6 1100T processor with the same issue, missing textures on various parts of the character models.

I reported this on beta. Was hoping it was a beta related issue, but apparently not…

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue

1 Like

I hope there is a fix. My guess is they want one to. Cause telling a , what i think would be a good part of your player base, to get a new P\C, wouldnt be a good move

5 Likes

Same Issue here:

GPU
AMD Radeon R9 200 series

CPU
AMD Phenom II X4 940 Processor

1 Like

Especially not in the financial climate some of us are in due to layoffs or less hours.

3 Likes

Same issue, the void has taken the textures out of my characters.

Cpu: AMD A8-3870 APU

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 750

2 Likes

Also the same issue with an AMD Phenom II processor and Nvidia GeForce 1060 6 GB graphics card. Now that it has been determined to be a potential issue with AMD processors as the apparent common denominator and reversion to older versions of DirectX doesn’t fix it, is the answer to everyone who has had no issue until this date to upgrade because you don’t meet the specs any longer, when we don’t have issues with many other graphically intensive games and never had an issue with WoW until now? Please help all of us with a hotfix…The customization was a huge selling point for many of us and we can’t experience it, nor can many afford to update their CPUs (and everything that may go along with that) in the current state of the world.

7 Likes

Well now we know the problem has to do with older AMD processors, hopefully they can address the problem with a fix. In any case we cannot let this issue die down, we need more visibility.

9 Likes

For some reason the only response that rings in my ears to this from blizzard is…

YOU ALL OWN CELLPHONES RIIIIIIIIIIGHT?!!?!

:crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Agreed. If there are any lurkers here looking for answers, please don’t leave without stating you also have the problem; add in your statement. The more people together speaking of this issue, the better chance we have it added into the next hotfix. We already have had a bluepost in here, but we need to make it known that a good number of the playerbase is having trouble with this.

6 Likes

Checking in as an affected user as well.

AMD Phenom II X6 1100t
AMD Radeon R9 200 series card
AMD Driver 20.9.2 (also tried 20.9.1)

Didn’t have any issues prior to 9.0.1, tried all different graphics settings and no dice. Normally would expect a DX issue, but swapping versions didn’t seem to do anything.

3 Likes

I’ll admit, this made me smile a bit despite how much of a PR mess that incident was.

Currently I’m in the process of doing a fresh install on WoW, so if the issue is just a matter of textures that somehow did not get downloaded or an addon acting up, that should in theory resolve it. I’m not really getting my hopes up that a reinstall will fix it though, as it seems others have tried that already. It really does seem like a problem specific to AMD processors.

1 Like

If it’s the AMD cpu’s its not all of them. I am on an FX8350 and do not have this issue. But a pc I built that has a Phenom in it DOES have the issue.

1 Like