[AMD] Missing character textures after 9.0

I’m also curious if everyone is using an SSD, since they originally had that as a requirement but supposedly removed it

1 Like

Having same issues as well. AMD Athlon II X4 640 Processor. Just my characters. Could see maybe cpu if even NPC’s had the textures missing. Just hope they find a fix soon… I cant play the game like this just to weird…And im not replacing a P/C that works fine on all my other games just for wow.

3 Likes

Hey Ando. We seemed to have narrowed the problem down to the AMD Phenom series processors. This seems to be the lowest common denominator among all of us experiencing this issue.

1 Like

Phenom here too. ruins all my mogs. help

Isn’t Athlon the lowest common denominator? Which one is older lol (using an ssd btw, dunno if that info is relevant but it’s probably a good idea to mention it).

Makes me wonder, like someone said if its a code/read error or something. and all the information is not making it through

GeForce GTX 950 graphics card, which the game is now claiming is out of date. No driver updates available. Processor is an AMD A6-3620 APU. Yeah, I know that’s pretty old, but with my graphics card and 16GB RAM, I’ve had no issues running WoW on high settings up until now. Jet black hair and skin on various characters. My beautiful BE DK looks like a void elf now. Alliance scum!

3 Likes

According to my google-fu Athlon released in 1999…I dunno how accurate that is or not but safe to say, pretty old XD

You need to return to settings before 9X on video cards, it all worked fine before you patched the hell out of it, if you don’t help us I will quit wow and I am sure you will find many others that will do this also. 2 accounts and you will lose many more you do things to make us pay more, and now get less. FIX THIS NOW!

10 Likes

I am having black textures on hair, eyes, parts of the body such as abdomen and feet. Eyes are missing and are appearing as super creepy eye sockets

I am running:
AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.20Ghz processor
AMD Radeon HD 6700 Graphics card

Same problem here. I have an AMD A6-3620 APU processor.

Obviously if this isn’t fixed I’ll be playing another game. I cannot afford to build a PC for this game.

8 Likes

Really hoping that they can can figure this out soon bro, missing textures really takes away from the immersion.

6 Likes

Even though my A6-3620 is not in the Phantom series, I did check and see that both types of AMD processors are quad core. May be part of the issue.

2 Likes

Thought I would give card info just in case it helps (nvidia geforce 1050ti) have 16GB memory

I have been having the same issue on the PTR and Beta. And now live. I have an NVIDIA GTX 950 and an AMD Phenom II x4 910. I have been meaning to get a new CPU but I would have to update my Bios and the issue with that is I don’t have the serial number for my motherboard because this pc was sent to me by a buddy that had gotten a new one and didn’t need it anymore.

Glad that I got a refund on Shadowlands X2 I won’t have to worry about that anymore, quitting wow after 15 years, these people are nuts at Blizzard/Activision.
I will not spend another cent on this mess. Bye Activision / Blizzard. You suck. Loyal Customers is not in their Dictionary

4 Likes

That might definitely be part of the issue, Nox. The old proc might not be finalizing whatever code enables dynamic textures: IE, player textures. I only see the void black on players and nothing else.

1 Like

As someone who was only playing WoW via gold, I guess I’ll be uninstalling the game in the near future if this doesn’t get fixed. I am beyond infuriated at this point especially after just renewing my subscription and wasting 150k on something I can’t even play anymore.

4 Likes

Yeah, this isn’t a simple CPU fix. Upgrading my CPU would put me over my motherboards limit and then I am investing in a new build. And I wont be doing that for 1 game. Especially when my memory, and video card still work on its highest settings for everything else.

6 Likes

Pretty old indeed lol, I think mine said 2007 not sure tbh but it does the job so I never thought about replacing it. The game still runs pretty smoothly now, it’s just the bugged eyes and skin issues that are annoying.