[AMD] Missing character textures after 9.0

Phenom as well and I have the issue too… :frowning:

Same here. Athlon II x4 630.
This is really the only game I still play on a regular basis. Can’t see myself throwing money at a new pc for one game. Let’s keep our fingers crossed they’ll find a fix.

7 Likes

I am seeing other threads talking about this issue. As I found in this one, the common thread is the AMD Processor. Not all are using the same Graphics card or RAM or even Operating system.

2 Likes

Yes, I’m having the same issue as all these other folks, AMD Phenom II x4 965 w/ Radeon RX-550 & 32 GB of ram…

AMD Phenom processors are technically below the [minimum system requirements ] for patch 9.0.

Technicalities can be overcome Jambrix. In fact, if you don’t choose to overcome this one, you can refund my SL purchase and cancel both of my accounts right now. The Phenom has more than enough juice to support gameplay, fix this.

8 Likes

Same issue. Not surprised it still made it to live from beta/PTR. I had a feeling it would so I’m glad I haven’t resubbed yet.

We have two nearly identical PCs, the only difference being CPU, but only one is being affected. The affected one has an AMD Phenom II X6 1090T.

4 Likes

For months now I’ve been looking forward to playing the pre-patch together with my husband. We have two computers, and mine can run the game with zero issues while only his has the texture bug - and as he says above, the only significant difference between them is the CPU.

Even though the game works fine for me, I have no intention of resubscribing unless this problem is addressed - so you can count on at least 2 more cancelled accounts. Absolutely ridiculous that everything else about the game runs flawlessly, but somehow our specs are “outdated.”

9 Likes

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1045t and GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7960 with a solid state drive. Having black hair textures, jewelry textures, and empty eye sockets. My motherboard has the AM3+ socket so I could upgrade to the minimum requirements but don’t really want to pay for what appears to be only being sold used at this point if I don’t have to.

2 Likes

Not just an AMD issue. This happened to my wife’s Nvidia. She has an older card so I put my new Nvidia card (which displays the textures fine on my PC) into her computer and the problem persists.

After reading all the comments on multiple threads here and on the EU forums, the problem spans new and old graphics cards, graphic card brands, CPUs, motherboards. This issue can’t be a new handling of old appearances that computers can’t handle because it’s just painted textures over an existing model. Nothing new here. No fancy renders. Just hair textures and eye textures not loading. This points to a faulty texture download.

Blizzard, go over your texture files and make sure they link properly to the appearance numbers and do a hotfix to totally replace all the customization files.

EDIT: Wife’s computer WAS an AMD (AMD Phenom 9750 Quad Core 2.4 GHz
Nvidia GTS 450) Sooooo…guess it’s time to put the old rig out of it’s misery. Sucks for folks to buy a game then have to buy a new rig, but that’s the gamer life.

6 Likes

Grokchaw, I have that exact same processor and yup having the same issue.

2 Likes

Same issue here.
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
GPU: AMD Radeon r9 200 Series

2 Likes

I have the same problem with the textures, it should not be a problem of the capacity of the pc since it works better for me than in bfa, I only have this problem of Textures. Let’s go! What capacity should a pc have to not load “Hairstyles”
not having any other problem and good fps performance.For my part I do not have money for a new pc, the situation is complicated and if I should, I would unfortunately stop playing this game. I hope a solution soon :sob:

3 Likes

My mother has an AMD Phenom II X6 and is experiencing the exact same issues.

2 Likes

Same thing is happening to me.
Its all old but was running fine. Have not had any issues

AMD Phenom™ II X4 970 Processor

GPU
AMD Radeon R9 200 Series

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue.

AMD Phenom II X4

Guys I hope this is fixed, but my rational side is telling it most likely won’t. This was reported over and over again during beta. During ptr. It’s a reported issue for months, and they allowed it to go live.
As others stated it’s not a complicated fix for their engineers.
But Blizz seems to be having some real internal issues. Sending a product out that doesn’t RENDER TEXTURES for thousands of users (don’t be fooled, a lot of people still have these old AMD processors) is just… sign of failure as a company.
Specially because it’s been reported for months.

4 Likes

This problem has been happening for months now on the PTR and they didn’t do anything about it. I hope this is fixed, but that’s probably not going to happen.

well, here are my specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 965
nvidia gtx 1060 3gb

2 Likes

Same issue, but I had no issues on PTR.
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
Geforce GTX 1060
DxDiag https://pastebin.com/jGE9N7v6

2 Likes

Same issue. AMD user, Raedon Card.

This is quite a big screw up. All this new char customization and NONE of it works as it all displays black. Old skin textures are black. Faces, etc.

Tried repairing install and changing all kinds of video settings to no avail. I’m not going to reisntall 70+gb of game data to have that not work either.

We need a reply on this

p.s. I’m not willing to accept “please spend 500$ on system upgrades” as an answer here. I don’t play WoW because I love buying hardware. people were up in arms about having to upgrade to an SSD, how about telling every Phenom user they need to drop a few hundred on a new MB, CPU and RAM?

6 Likes

Well this blew up overnight. Hopefully with more people reporting we can get an actual answer. We need to know if blizz can fix this for sure before having to invest in new hardware.

4 Likes

Same issue hope gets fixed

2 Likes

lost count how many times i reported this on beta, i’m sure they’re swamped as it is right now but damn i sure wish i could enjoy the main thing that made me buy SL almost a year ago now.

3 Likes