[AMD] Missing character textures after 9.0

Wouldn’t it be ironic that maybe the slight fps increase is exactly because character models are only being half processed? lol. Doesn’t sound that crazy tbh.

1 Like

Just posting this for visibility, but I’ve been having the same problem. Also with an AMD CPU, however the game runs fine even with my outdated hardware, it’s just the character textures that are screwing up for me.

2 Likes

I have this issue also and this is what I’m thinking lul.

I also have this same issue. My cpu is an Athlon II X4 640. Everything runs seemingly fine but the skin, hair and eye textures on my toons and other players and NPCs are completely black. Weirdly I can see the tattoos and front of the face fine though. I’m hoping this gets fixed

AMD Phenom processors are technically below the minimum system requirements for patch 9.0.

The “Phenom” brand covers a lot of different models. Several benchmark sites show the Phenom 1090T BE as being slightly faster than the FX 8300 (though at the cost of higher power consumption). If the game requires some special feature or instruction set, that should be listed explicitly.

But I doubt it does, anyway, since the game itself runs fine (both in terms of performance and the vast majority of of textures rendering correctly).

It shouldn’t be hard for Blizzard to trace what makes those few texture slots different.

I’d say it’s clearly a bug due to something that changed in 9.0, since it did not occur in BFA.

There were several reports about this issue during beta, both in-game and in the PTR forums, that answered that. Didn’t Blizzard see them?

2 Likes

I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE OMFG. I want this fixed so badly! I want to be able to see my customizations and others! I’ve been dealing with this issue all day… It’s extremely upsetting :(((

3 Likes

That “something” that changed is likely the instruction set requirement. You don’t even understand what that means based on your post, and you think they’re going to post something THAT specific in requirements? Instruction sets aren’t something the average player will ever know about, and will likely never be posted on any game.
The 1090T is actually quite a bit weaker than an fx8300, not sure where you read otherwise. An fx8350 scores 5928 on passmark, an fx8300 scores 5290 on passmark, and a 1090T scores 3630 on passmark. And on top of it, that doesn’t matter. It doesn’t matter how fast the cpu is if it can’t do avx.
It’s like saying someone should be able to read a book written in Spanish because they can read English really fast. Doesn’t matter how fast they read if its a different language. Instruction sets are like a language.

Same issue and it’s driving me nuts.

1 Like

so is there no fix for it

Only a blue can confirm or deny that, but something I and a couple others were speculating earlier is that this is unintended as texture rendering would normally be handled by the gpu. That would make this whole problem go away if the rendering was shifted off the cpu and back to the gpu.
We honestly can’t 100% confirm anything without a blue post, but the only thing all the cpu’s affected have in common is a lack of support for the avx instruction set.

So to fix it Blizz just needs to add compatibility for the SSE instruction set or just offload this to the gpu where it should be. How difficult either of those things are, I don’t know.

3 Likes

So far, no :((( Blizz said that it may be a potential bug and they need to analyze it. I’m hoping by tomorrow we’ll see it fixed? With no textures on our characters, I feel HELLA left out LMAO

especially when my friends with worse computers than mine dont have this problem so idk know whats going on but i hope the maintenance tomorrow fixs it or imma be bored because i cant play with out them

4 Likes

Unfortunately computer performance doesn’t affect this kind of issue. Here’s hoping for a fix.

2 Likes

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition
Geforce GTX 970

Funny how this processor is below minimum requirements but can still run the game at 100fps on setting 7.

2 Likes

if not this will be the shortest xpac i’ll have ever played

10 Likes

I have been playing using AMD A8-3870 with NVidia GeForce 550Ti with Windows 10 for quite some time. This set up handles games more graphic intensive than WoW. I did not have any issue until the update for Nyalotha when I started having random freezing while playing in certain zones (usually the ones with pop up dialogue quests) and when the 11Legacy was introduced removing the Dx12 (which I have) option. Now I have missing textures with this latest patch like I have stated previously.

The issues were stated before in Beta and PTR but were not addressed and, from this thread, seem to be mostly focused on AMD processors. This is a glaring oversight on the company for not addressing this issue IMHO.

1 Like

Unfortunately that doesn’t matter in a problem like this. It sucks.

You bet it is! And I imagine a LOT of unhappy people if Blizz doesn’t do something.

I honestly can’t believe we haven’t gotten more info from a blue on this. At least tell us if its intentional or not.

4 Likes

After managing to actually get into the game everything runs 100% fine and seamless. Everything EXCEPT character skin, hair, and eyes. It’s absolutely baffling how this effects nothing else in the game except the one thing people are playing the prepatch for.

8 Likes

Me too, having the skin and hollow eyes issue.

1 Like

Phenom user, have that problem too.

Literally just resubbed…

3 Likes