[AMD] Missing character textures after 9.0

If it fits the motherboard, very likely yes a new power supply would be needed if the one in the system was just bare minimum to run the athlon.

Itā€™s not going to kill you to wait a few days to change your characterā€™s appearance when thereā€™s absolutely nothing important going on in the game. Youā€™re going to feel like an absolute fool if you end up dropping a few hundred dollars because you couldnā€™t wait a few days to play dressup. You can check and try out all of the new cosmetic changes on the wowhead dressing room. Literally. Just. Wait.

1 Like

Weā€™re not trying to blame it on anything, weā€™re looking at what the data supports. What DOES work has no bearing on what DOESNā€™T work in this case.

There is a whole lot of incorrect assumptions here.

But I wanna play WoW Barbie now!

9 Likes

Yeah i havenā€™t changed it since i built it lolā€¦

1 Like

If the physical socket has the extra pin then theoretically it COULD workā€¦

But the mobo would definitely have to support the chip in the BIOSā€¦

Kinda kicking myself for mixing up the AM3/AM3+ thing. That means quite a few people from earlier in the thread may not be able to go the fx route.
I really hope they listen and wait to upgrade anything until after we know whats going on.

2 Likes

yeah and the motherboard and chip stuff i have 0 experience with myself as i had help building it when it came to that part. Hopefully blizz can find a fix tho. But Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll need to update my stuff sooner or later.

Eh, donā€™t kick yourself too much. I imagine most everyone here is both tired and frustrated from patch day problems and whatever other stuff is going on in their lives. I need to go to bed soon myself, but following the thread has been weirdly cathartic and I still have a cup of tea to finish.

1 Like

Same issues with this patch. Black skin and hair.
AMD Athlon X4 645 3100 Mhz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680

I paid a 6 month subscription. Guess I will be asking for a refund for months coming up that just became unplayable.

3 Likes

iā€™m going the -wearing a full mog to hide the broken bits cause itā€™s cheaper than buying a new machine route

4 Likes

Yea the K10 architecture is incredibly old. My fx8350 is showing its age (it canā€™t handle modern games very well) and itā€™s newer than that.

Itā€™s been fun to talk about, but thatā€™s a lot easier to say when youā€™re not having the issue yourself. Iā€™m still curious about the pre-sandybridge cpuā€™s Bragonsdane mentioned earlier. Gonna try to get my hands on one, or have a family member test it for me tomorrow. No promises though.

If it doesnā€™t work pre Sandy Bridge then that would basically confirm itā€¦ good luck finding one tho!

Aye. Iā€™ll admit I was raging pretty hard earlier, especially watching everyone over in the guild Discord enjoying the shiny new stuff while Iā€™m stuck here with a problem that doesnā€™t make sense. That said, the optimist in me suggests that Blizz is currently on the case and there will probably be a fix in a few days, so I can just enjoy the content then :slight_smile:

word

I can only speak for myself, I donā€™t rush stuff. Iā€™ve done some research and it looks like the FX series requires an AM3 + socket, I thought the + was just for decoration or to imply itā€™s a ā€œcoolerā€ version but no, in many cases us folks with boomer builds probably have motherboards that donā€™t support the slightly newer series and will end up throwing money.

Gonna have to wait for a few days to see if a fix is implemented, tyvm for taking time to dig into this good sir.

At least the game is still running (smoother than before honestly) on our dinosaurs I cant say the same for the wow companion app which was the first thing I went to try and update and test. That will probably be broken until shadowlands actually comes out.

Was more so looking at updating my old hardware. Not really ā€œneedingā€ to play currently. Never said Iā€™m gonna go out and buy anything today. Was just confused about what is causing itā€¦

2 Likes

Having the exact same issue, I can perfectly play Monster hunter: World/GTA V/FO4 without any graphic problems, I tried to install and re-install the game to no avail either, Hopefully weā€™ll get a fix soon.

Iā€™m running an AMD Phenom II X4 955
8 Gigs of Ram
Radeon RX 460 2gb

I was able to run the game perfectly at around 8-7 now I canā€™t see any characters eyes/skin/fur textures, although armors and weapons load in.

1 Like