[AMD] Missing character textures after 9.0

I reported this issue on the PTR and was afraid it would make it live. That being said, once it went live it took them what, 48 hours to address it? If you unsuscribe before giving the devs a chance to respond to the issue, well I don’t think you’re being reasonable.

3 Likes

I am assuming maintenance is done? Can anyone let me know if it got fixed on live?

Maintenance is done, but issue is still there for me. Seems like it will be added in an upcoming hotfix maybe?

3 Likes

sigh, Oh well, I guess it will be on tomorrow’s maintenance :T

At least I have the reassurance that they’ve addressed the issue and said they were working on a fix.

2 Likes

Yeah the fact that its fixed in PTR is a relief. Which also leads me to believe it’s not a fix that’s easily hotfixed maybe, if they had to push it to PTR first.

2 Likes

They said its gonna be a few weeks. They made an announcement last night.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/issues-with-older-gpus/679633

That’s GPU related, this issue seems to be CPU related.

4 Likes

That’s certainly contrary to what we’re seeing right now: a fix on the PTR already in place.

4 Likes

That’s a bit disappointing, PTR had me excited. Ah well, the fix will come when it comes.

while the server is up, i havent noticed a patch download, which usually happens around the actual posted end time of the maintenance, hoping to see it included in that

also to mirror what a couple people said, the ‘few weeks’ fix is for 100% a DIFFERENT issue, not what we are experiencing

From the way Bliz is addressing this, the problem is they are no longer supporting the older processors since they no longer meet the minimum hardware requirements. That sounds to me to mean there IS NOT going to be a hotfix because they have stopped supporting the older chipsets entirely.

That’s not what they said, check the blues.

also its already fixed on PTR, so…

3 Likes

Yeah, Susãn just posted the relavant section. I hadn’t seen that post.

1 Like

I had one a ‘‘pre-download’’ it was really quick, but still no fix so idk.

1 Like

It’s fixed on the PTR, still not live though.

1 Like

Except I never said the fallback code was an incorrect assumption? I even said the instruction set was the issue. Quoting my own post that you replied to “That “something” that changed is likely the instruction set requirement.” Hit the nail on the head. I even said multiple times it might or might not be intentional (since it had been there in ptr and was ignored) we didn’t know.

Doesn’t sound like a coder to me.

Edit: Also, if you’ve been a coder that long you know full well why instruction set requirements aren’t listed on the side of the box. There have been posts in this thread mixing up cpu and gpu, and you think the average joe will understand cpu instruction set requirements?

That’s a bit disappointing tbh.

But I bet there are technical reasons for that. Perhaps they’re using PTR as the intended space for testing it, making sure it’s 100% ok before pushing a live update.

1 Like

So there’s a fix on ptr why can’t they give an update on how long our fix is going live. And again how has this issue been reported for months from what I’ve read and been allowed to go live. This is so bad this company is going to shhh

1 Like