Am i the only one who thinks random bg's should all have baseline gear?

We get it, we get it. You’re amazing at PVP you feel entitled to punch down on everyone else in random BGs. Relax, the devs are on your side!

2 Likes

poor play = you lose. This has always been the case.

1 Like

16+ Hours a Day for 17 years.

“Progression” is gearing up for harder content. Not getting a crutch to beat up on easier content. PVP should be about cosmetic and other rewards, and not about whales boosting to give themselves bigger and bigger advantages.

Large gear advantages are just soft, and insulting to truly skilled players. It also kills PVP participation.

Get away with that nonsense that progression in PVP means ridiculous iLevel differences.

5 Likes

Mythic raiders shouldn’t do comparable damage to LFR players.

High ranked PvP players shouldn’t have comparable stats to the unskilled, unranked rabble.

Yes, that’s how you’re coming across.

Queue up.

ALL randoms need to be ilvl capped at 233 and pvp would be fixed. Yes, it’s that easy

Because this isn’t the case, im probably going to cancel my sub. Being one shotted is a total waste of time

leave it to blizzard to kill pvp

4 Likes

Great news!

You should try TBC. S3 is coming up and resilience stacking will get out of control and god specs will emerge.

I think thats the game pacing all of you in this thread would like best. Try it and see what you think.

Another weak response from someone who has to have their gear crutch.

Pathetic.

Or just a Blizz shill or dev in white text. After all, they care so little about the game now and PVP specifically that they never show up any more in blue text. I wouldn’t either if I was responsible for the abomination that is the current PVP iteration.

If you are one of those PR hacks that is trying to pretend PVP is good now, than welcome to ignore.

3 Likes

We all started the expansion with a clean slate.

If there is going to be this big of a power creep in the pvp gear, then there needs to be at least two brackets based on ilevel. I came back just recently, trying to grind out the honor upgrades (which in itself is dumb, 7 levels of upgrades for honor gear? really?) and when you see folks on the other team with close to double your health (not to mention the associated power boost they have over you) you just gotta bend over and take it. No amount of “git gud” is going to help that.

(reposted on right toon)

4 Likes

We want to pvp, nothing more.

Rip random bg’s

and here we have what i am talking about … In MOP it was fairly easy with a little time to get pvp gear that was competitive and one could eventually get the full conquest without even doing arena, plus pve gear was not good in pvp instances… i managed to get the blood thirsty title in that expansion… lots of fun… soooo, why do people who play this like a religion just love having a such gear upper hand on other players in pvp in order to have fun and …why does BLIZ cater to real life losers like this with its system is the real question

2 Likes

You cannot really compare PvE to PvP. PvE progression is about getting better gear to do harder content. Right now PvP progression is like trying to get your heroic dungeon gear and randomly having your dungeon change to mythic 25 after you zone in with your quest gear.

4 Likes

WoD levels of progression, yes. SL levels of progression, hell no.

3 Likes

Casuals did not beg for the removal of scaling. It was elite PvEers who wanted it badly. They were upset they had to 2 shot badly geared players.

2 Likes

They absolutely did.

I got linked those awful Rextroy, Cdew and Venruki videos’ showcasing the abuse of scaling in super niche situations, and now it’s gone, and casuals get vaporized.

1 Like

Rextroy a casual? Absolutely not. He’s a pro player.

We saw many, many threads demanding that scaling be removed so elite players could one shot entire teams with their Twilight Devastation.

What do you mean? I could 1-shot people in BFA with TD just fine, lol

The hidden scaling needed to go, but they failed to recognize that the ilvl power gap and rating gates also needed to go.

No one who asked for scaling to be removed wanted this ilvl gap.

No one begged for massive power gains that could only be achieved through rated content.

No one asked for ridiculous honor grinds for paltry gear. Or for all these upgrades (they actually added more lol)

Lots and lots of people are asking for WoD gearing back though.

1 honor
1 conquest
No rating gates.

2 Likes

Maybe they’ll try it next expansion.