Am i the only one who thinks random bg's should all have baseline gear?

They already tried it in WoD and MoP and it worked amazingly well.

They said nothing will change mid-season, but 9.2 will have a new season, and better have some gearing changes that reflect what they are hearing loud and clear from everyone.

2 Likes

I mean, they probably already regret listening to the last set of requests.

They listened to the accountants, Look at that last Quarterly. :fire:
Subs mean squat when profits are flying in the way they are now with tokens/shop stuff.
Be real here.

Now imagine if we went back to s1 where the gear was good in PvE and elite players got a big weapon.

That’d be soooo great.

Which Quarterly was more financially successful?

Maybe eventually they can use some of the whale money to pay people in developing countries to queue up for battlegrounds in greens so the elites and pay2win folks can still get their dunks in when subs crater.

Gear should not be locked behind Rated Ranks. I should as a casual BG’er be able to achieve the same gear, albeit it slower, as Rated Game players. I believe this is how it was done in WoD with Honor and then Gladiator gear.

But I believe the WoW Token and boosting has been very profitable for Blizzard. So having a pay to win feature for PvP has its appeal to Bliz and players who are willing to Pay to Win without having real skill to play the game. They NEED the gear to succeed. 1v1 with equal gear is a loss for a lot of players.

1 Like

I don’t know why everybody thinks this.
The average random battleground player is the equivalent of people who queue LFR and do triple digit dps.

Yeah , thats why pvp was good for a little while in 9.0…but dead ebfore 9.1 ^^

Then people hit their usual skill ceilings and gave up, as usual.

I 100% agree. I think locking it behind rating is a terrible idea. I know people will say getting their ranks is very easy but I am not interested in doing competitive stuff. I just don’t have the time to wait for a RBG group to form and I’m not the least bit interested in arena.

3 Likes

Wrong…and a terrible attempt at trolling.

3 Likes

Post main?

I’m not, though. People hit their usual limits but this time blame gear instead of class balance.

He’s trying really hard here though :rofl:

Hello, friend who thinks that Warlords wasn’t an unmediated trainwreck on all fronts.

Wrong thread sir. Stick to topic.

What are your thoughts on another 8+ months of skilled players being rewarded with higher item level equipment? I’m rather looking forward to 9.2, and hope that they consider returning elite (2400) weaponry, as it was the highlight of s1 of Shadowlands™

Maybe you’ll get your Rank1/hero then?

Perhaps. I’m rather content with my modest goal of gladiator as a casual random battleground player, though.

Sure

10/char