Am i the only one who thinks random bg's should all have baseline gear?

This happened once ICC dropped iirc.

I can remember in early Wrath we would see “Full Valorous” (Nax Tier) Looking for Raid in trade chat. This is how players would advertise, actually looking for 10/25 Raids. As there was not an instant que system for LFR (not the LFR we have now) at this time.
We did not even speak of ilvls until later in WOTLK when an addon was introduced, this changed the way we all looked at gear. Now it is all we know, and chase…
Back to PVP, the jabroni set was crafted PVP pieces? (resilience) as our starter. Which was actually somewhat viable until we got our Blue set which eventually had a sprinkling of purples. Completely Viable vs full Purples.
Memory lane blah blah blah. :space_invader:
If anyone can link these three sets (Crafted/Blue/Purple) from early Wrath please do! Era specific item levels/links imperative.
The differences were not so insane, which allowed entry level players a fighting chance at glory.

Heroic wasn’t around until TOC.

No, gearscore or whatever was around day one. Naxx was just so trivially easy that nobody really needed it.

Literally nothing stopping anybody from progressing right now except their own lack of ability and willingness to play.

Ty 10/25 I will edit it. Full Clear! :wink:

PVP seems to be dying, we are bleeding subs.

GS! What was yours?

The game has gotten much harder in SL.

It’s understandable that a lot of people are struggling.

Dunno, I had a guild.

Feel free to link some early WOTLK PVP Gear options, Crafted/Blue/Purple so we can compare the differences.
Now we start at 184? High End would be 249ish correct?
Going to need an extra token to buy that second Legendary soon too. :rofl:
The major difference now is how easy it is to purchase gold and get that Top Tier set.
No need to risk dealing with Susan, just swipe the CC. And bam! legit.
Either Time or Money, interestingly enough minimum wage may surpass the Time spent in game.
Value-based pricing at its finest. :wink:

come on down to 51-59! the weather is great this time of year. also a fantastic way to grind out the honor needed for 7/7 upgrades without having to get 2 shot the whole time.

1 Like

Hops off my Penny Farthing bike in a custom Brioni suit.

1 Like

Progression doesn’t belong in PVP. Reward - sure, but not “progression” if it means giving out crutches to rated and carried players in casual and epic bg’s.

It’s long overdue for the game to give up this wasted attempt at a cash grab. All it’s done is de-value the IP and make WoW PVP a laughingstock.

It’s just such a dumb idea that better players need MORE of an advantage in PVP. That’s so weak, and SOFT.

2 Likes

And another thing.

Progression in PVE is based on the idea of getting better gear for HARDER content, not easier. After all, isn’t one of the arguments you hear from those who PVE is that “casual’s don’t need better gear for the content they do” ?

It’s not “Progression” to give better players even more of an advantage so that they can farm casuals with little or no risk.

That’s just dumb, and frankly insulting to better players.

Stop the experiment. Revert back to a sane PVP gear system.

5 Likes

I agree. The “Alliance vs Horde” sets that they were going for in BFA could’ve been cosmetics from the PVP system instead of Warfronts. They could maybe bring some recolors of those back, and make some new ones based around the various races of the Alliance/Horde. Not to mention some cool gladiator-inspired sets you could make.

Cosmetics are a much better incentive to PVP rank up than player power.

2 Likes

one honor set
one conquest set
Its not complicated.
Its fix’ed

3 Likes

And you are absolutely sure it was the casuals who begged for the removal of scaling? Those players who are never on the forums?

Nah the removal of scaling was definetly begged and cried about from the other side of the scale…those players who wants to global others in pvp.

7 Likes

Players asked for the removal of scaling due to all of the inconsistencies which occurred.
Nobody asked for 184 vs 259 though, did they…

Lets get those early WOTLK sets linked for some comparisons. Those that were there, will remember…

1 Like

When you say players…I am guesing you mean those few top rated players who are so toxic that the massies avoid communicating in forums?

Was that last sentence a desperate attempt at a control techniqeue…saying you played longer so everyone else is wrong?

Dont remember that set…but I remember farming the druid set in vanilla…

Was on your side here pal, don’t get so defensive. :wink:
Lots of paid shills on these forums as of lately. Mysteriously recently.
And no not you.

Of course it does, don’t be ridiculous.

I think the Conquest gear should be upgradeable with rating, but the gear should scale to the bracket you are playing. If I have 2100 gear and queue into 1400 players we should both have the same gear. There should be some reward for higher rating, but the game should scale you down if the teams aren’t fair.

I agree, random BG’s should be scaled accordingly also, doesn’t have to be the exact same, but some ilvl range.

3 Likes

I disagree here. Of course, this could be remedied with less of a power creep, but the main issue with scaling down gear for unrated play is that it eliminates one of the main reasons to do unrated PvP. And that is testing out builds etc etc. Classes play a lot different at Honor gear level and 2100 gear level. If anything simply scale up so there isn’t such a large gap in how the game is played.

more tedious, not harder

2 Likes

Significantly harder, yes.

Poor play gets punished rather harshly.