Am i the only one who thinks random bg's should all have baseline gear?

I understand gear disparity in rated bg’s and am all for it. But random bg’s are absolutely needed in the endless honor farm in order to upgrade and gear out in general. why not make random bg’s give everyone the same gear?

13 Likes

There’s a good chunk of the pvp player base that plays primarily to global undergeared players and they are very happy with things the way they are. This is the group that has the devs’ ears at the moment.

15 Likes

Nope. You’re not alone.

2 Likes

/cries in WoD gearing

12 Likes

no

10chars

The general consensus seems to be Honor gear having 1 ilevel and conquest gear having 1 ilevel. This has been said all the way from the super casual to R1 players.

12 Likes

Two sets, One Honor, One Conquest. Not a crazy ilvl difference between these two. (Imperative)
Both can be obtained from both Unrated/Rated PVP.
Time permitting is fine.

It would be awesome to see some really well done Elite sets/Weapons as cosmetics.
Get some top tier artists for these, make the player base jealous.

11 Likes

No, you are not alone, also i think there shouldnt even exist gear within pvp.

1 Like

I don’t know a good fix. I am super casual so all I’ll have to look forward to is max honor gear and whatever random conquest I get from random BGs. So a part of me wants them to normalize the gear in ransoms so I don’t get rocked with little to no chance of fighting back. However a part of me enjoys the grind to earn and upgrade my gear. I also use my PvP gear in solo PvE stuff I do. So it would have to be some sort of balance between earning gear but keeping a leveling playing field.

1 Like

I actually don’t understand gear disparity in rated pvp at all to be honest. It doesn’t make sense, because rating should be the measure of skill, not skill / gear. But at the same time I like to work on gear in random BGs. It just needs to be controlled and narrowed, not like right now, when rating gear is too good.

What I want baseline though is all the PvE stuff - torghast, conduits and renown. I want to be able to reach level 60 and jump right into randoms without worrying about anything else.

2 Likes

A gear treadmill isn’t a bad thing if done properly. The biggest problem with shadowlands is the sheer amount of other systems required in order to PvP on your character. And they decided to tack on the most convoluted gearing path on top of it.

All that said, even though I’m a big proponent of gear mattering less, I think even I would not enjoy a system where there wasn’t a sense of progression. But they definitely went overboard with this iteration. Grinding tens of thousands of honor for every 3 level item gain is not something that should be acceptable outside of a free to play MMO.

5 Likes

In other words. The dev’s are deaf and don’t care. Sad, maybe its time to get some real dev’s and the current ones should ask for their money back from the schools the attended.

1 Like

Not true. They know exactly what players think. They don’t communicate with players about this because they think they’re dead wrong.

These are the players the devs are catering to. Unlimited ganking is their reward for playing the game right.

2 Likes

I mean, they were, and often are.

The removal of scaling has been devastating for casuals.

But they begged for it, so here it is.

You think you do, etc.

Has there ever been a larger gap between entry level and top tier gear?
Has it ever been mandatory to participate in rated in order to become viable?
Was last Q a record in profits? Even with the dwindling population.

No coincidence here imo.

Yeah, wrath of the lich king, when the game was at its most popular.

1 Like

Do you remember the difference between entry level gear and high tier then?
Entry level players were very much viable in Wrath, for certain.

We must understand the genre has much more competition now, profits must arise from other areas.

I remember pocket healing two people and we’d just sit in a bunker in AV and stack up the kills, then do the same in cities like storm wind. Truly a glorious time when gear mattered heavily, and coincidentally when wow peaked in popularity.

What happened, anyways? When did gamers become entitled to get that they haven’t earned?

1 Like

Hop on rocket league (example) and get similar pvp feels, kick the feet up after work/school? Lots of options now, a decade+ later.

I’m not sure it was the gearing that made Wrath so popular PvP wise. That being said, there was only a 13 ilvl difference between the blue set and purple set. It’s hard to really pin down what that means from a power perspective since it’s usually not a linear scale. But it was blue gear 200, Purple gear 213 for season 5.

Wrath was the most fun I’ve had with PvP, but that’s more a nostalgia thing and not a balance thing. Wrath had too many PvE gear imbalances and just straight-up balance issues in general.

2 Likes