Am I only the only person that's pro-high elf not happy with this change?

Yes.

All they have to do is put in some lore about a non destructive way to gain void powers and maybe have Ver use them in a cutscene and people will be able to say they were part of the silver covenant. The real question now is hair color and styles.

It’s my belief that they are saving full high elves for a nonallied race. However, they don’t have the money right now to develop a full new race - and they’d need two, really - so they’re doing what they can now.

1 Like

Pretty sure making the few remaining regular High Elves into void magic users would make absolutely no one happy.

Yeah mean like light blessed space goat death knights who can still use holy power to explode their enemies or void elves who can still heal?

1 Like

That is delusional, especially after today’s announcements.

3 Likes

I dont know if I can fully encapsulate how angry I’d be if they added full new races to the game and the Alliance’s was just a reskin of Blood Elves. Horde would probably get something cool like ogres too.

5 Likes

I didn’t say make all of the SC into void elves I said make some in a non destructive fashion and I’m pretty sure you’re wrong. I was kind of hoping for a no glow eye option but oh well.

Yeah lightforged death knights are incredibly stupid. But I guess they figured since they were giving them to literally every other allied race, they couldn’t just exclude one of them.

3 Likes

To be clear, I kind of doubt they will ever have the money for a full new race. The game would have to make a real comeback.

I’m not really sure how you think game development works, but money is not the issue here.

Yeah, you pretty much are. Alliance got what they wanted which is High Elves, get over it. Oh, you are Horde, that is not a surprise. Look, I get it, you are unhappy that the Alliance got something great for a change. Stop being spoiled, Horde!

Lightforged death knights are no dumber than regular draenei death knights. They’re just dead corpses animated by necromancy.

2 Likes

Nature of a compromise, not everyone will be happy.

At this point I just hope this addressed the lore and sets up the Silver Covenant and Void Elves merging as one entity.

How is money not the issue? For a new nonallied race, they’d have to create a new homeland and starting area, and that’s money they’re not spending on developing leveling areas or end game content for existing players.

Dead corpses that were totally and completely infused with the light. And then given undead powers. They make 0 sense.

2 Likes

So, again, like draenei. Or even just like paladins. They make perfect sense.

Oh OP, this is the internet. I challenge you to think of the kookiest idea you can and prove there’s not a community out there that share and support the idea.

For example, did you know there’s a group of people that ship Kylo and Rey so hard they actually stalked and harassed Adam Driver and tried to get him to divorce his wife so he could date Daisy Ridley?

So no OP, you’re definitely not the only person.

Really what makes no sense is Alliance death knights.

Death Knights shouldnt be tied to a faction at all, but that’d make things hard for the devs I guess.